It goes the same as how you begin the new year.

Started by SoldierofFortune, December 29, 2018, 07:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

what is your plan while entering the year?
they say it goes the the same throughout the whole year as how you begin the year at the time 00:00...
are you a believer in this?
at least this shows our will and intentions: )

Minimalist

My plan for 2019 is to make it to 2020.

I figure the odds are 50-50 with the dickhead in the White House.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

I plan on living 2019 pretty much the way I lived 2018. I have no ambition to accomplish anything, except to learn more stuff.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 29, 2018, 07:28:51 PM
I plan on living 2019 pretty much the way I lived 2018. I have no ambition to accomplish anything, except to learn more stuff.

Learning and feeding my intellectual passion is also my ambition that i want to be on that way to accomplish...
but before i must improve my english to the better level because stuff that will be learned ie material worth reading is in english language...

Baruch

The old family tradition was to play an all night round of Monopoly (the board game), staying up at least until the Disco Ball drops in Time Square NYC.  But time and family have moved on.  I am left with only the bitter dregs of nostalgia.

We never went in for those New Years resolutions.  After the divorce, I have had much more time for study.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

When the clock strikes midnight I will be working, which is fine by me.

drunkenshoe

I'll probably be drunk entering the year as usual, but my plan is to make it to 2020 as Minimalist said.

I want to translate a specific book just to challenge myself. It will be too difficult if I make an attempt. I'm thinking about it, but... I have a very long reading list.

Finding a man sounds good. But men like me is living like me; in their homes, avoiding people and social life. I wish there were buildings with small life units built in for just one person, but connected to each other with a door. So when you get a partner, you would each get a unit but also live by yourself and come together at yours or his when you wish. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

I'm not planning anything for the coming year. I would like to be alive at the end of it, but whatever.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

I used to try crashing New Year's parties but these days I'm hoping to be sound asleep when the Ball drops.
God Not Found

LoriPinkAngel

Hello, all.  My son and I usually stay up together and watch the ball drop on TV.  He is not going to be here this year but I will probably watch it anyway.

Baruch

Quote from: LoriPinkAngel on December 30, 2018, 07:08:59 PM
Hello, all.  My son and I usually stay up together and watch the ball drop on TV.  He is not going to be here this year but I will probably watch it anyway.

Sorry for the separation.  I haven't been living near my daughter for over 6 years now ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

LoriPinkAngel

Quote from: Baruch on December 30, 2018, 07:16:57 PM
Sorry for the separation.  I haven't been living near my daughter for over 6 years now ;-(

It is not a long term separation.  He is visiting his aunt in Texas.  I'm sorry you are not near your daughter.  I may have to face that when my son is done with college but is just a Sophomore.

LoriPinkAngel

I forgot to mention I like to watch the Twilight Zone marathon on New Year's Eve day.

Unbeliever

Which are your favorite episodes? I like the one with Burgess Meredith, last man on Earth. But they were all really very good.
God Not Found

LoriPinkAngel

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 31, 2018, 02:58:46 PM
Which are your favorite episodes? I like the one with Burgess Meredith, last man on Earth. But they were all really very good.

I like that episode.  I also like the one with William Shatner on the airplane, the one where the 4 people wear masks and their faces end up like the masks, the one where the beautiful people are ostracized because every one else has the same ugly face, the one with Agnes Morehead where "little spacemen" are attacking her and it turns out they are from earth... there are so many I like but these came to mind.