Yes we got fucked again being the good Patriot.

Started by aitm, December 29, 2018, 04:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

GSOgymrat

I think I've never been patriotic because of the way I perceive myself in relation to others. I tend to feel related to things with which I have some personal interaction. I have strong interactions in one-to-one relationships and as the size of the group increases the more my sense of interaction is diluted and the less I feel any reciprocal relationship. When it comes to a nation of people, I have almost no relationship. Most people incorporate national identity as part of who they are and they feel an affinity for what their countrymen do, for example, they root for their country's team during the Olympics, where I become more invested in the personal stories of the individuals participating. I can relate to individuals much easier than groups. I see groups and nations as a necessary evil.

Baruch

Pure individualism is solipsism, which is a medical condition, a mania.  Depersonalization is also medical condition.  But you have to induce depersonalization in Basic Training in order to get a soldier as your product.  Young people are much more impressionable and athletic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

What the fuck is 'pure individualism'? Is it something like 'life energy'? LOL

Carlin is talking about something entirely different. He is not saying fuck team work or fuck civilisation.   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 31, 2018, 11:54:48 AM

Carlin is talking about something entirely different. He is not saying fuck team work or fuck civilisation.   

Any extreme, pure individualism or pure collectivism ... is a point of comparison.  Anyone who actually is that, they are clinically insane.  Normal people are toward the middle of this spectrum.

It is possible to balance this, such as with Turkish Ghazis ... the collectivism of tribe and Islam, but individualism as warrior ethos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0P83sWBUSQ

Turks aren't feminists.  I can respect masculinity of any ethnicity.  Even if my mustache won't measure up ;-)  And early on, the Ottoman Empire treated Jews well, compared to the damned Christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w1bUpaOf7E
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 31, 2018, 11:54:48 AM

Then what is he talking about? His message seemed clear, stupid but clear.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

No, his message is not clear. For you, the much bitching man, 'pure individualism' is something like women phrasing an unwanted form of behaviour of their men as 'which you do it constantly'... Is it clear enough?

But then you just answered this post because you were triggered by the one I wrote in the patriotisim bullshit. Which you have done 'constantly' in the past years whenever the subject was up.   

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 31, 2018, 02:29:57 PM
No, his message is not clear. For you, the much bitching man, 'pure individualism' is something like women phrasing an unwanted form of behaviour of their men as 'which you do it constantly'... Is it clear enough?

But then you just answered this post because you were triggered by the one I wrote in the patriotisim bullshit. Which you have done 'constantly' in the past years whenever the subject was up.   

Show me.
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 31, 2018, 02:54:12 PM
Show me.

I can't. It's deleted. Has it ever occured you that I actually should have more thousands of posts than it is shown.

But then if you can get what I wrote, there is no need. But as you can't; you 'always' do that!!!

AAAhaahah 

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

aitm

ahhh look at the two of you! And to think I thought I would have to re-introduce you kids....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

I'm not the only one that skipped over Baruch's posts and made a point of not even attempting to read a single letter of them, am I?

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 01, 2019, 04:29:03 PM
I'm not the only one that skipped over Baruch's posts and made a point of not even attempting to read a single letter of them, am I?

Remedial education is available down at the VoTech ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 01, 2019, 04:29:03 PM

Who?
PZ Myers