News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Corporate subsidies

Started by GSOgymrat, December 27, 2018, 05:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Corporate subsidies are a racket. Politicians claim they want to create jobs, but they are using taxes to fund large corporations that kill small businesses. If corporations are people, why is the US government giving welfare to the richest "people" in the nation? These corporations are going to expand anyway and don't need financial assistance from the government.

https://youtu.be/DGvLQWQKwwg

Unbeliever

I suspect that much of that corporate welfare makes its way back to the politicians in the form of "campaign contributions." Those things mentioned in the video that "could be done" will not be done, things will continue just as they have for decades.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 27, 2018, 05:32:45 PMIf corporations are people, why is the US government giving welfare to the richest "people" in the nation?
For much the same reason they're interested in giving tax breaks to the wealthy, I'd imagine.

Unbeliever

I suspect politicians have investments in those very same corporations they give the welfare to. They (collectively) probably hold stock in most of them.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 27, 2018, 06:17:01 PM
I suspect politicians have investments in those very same corporations they give the welfare to. They (collectively) probably hold stock in most of them.

Just recently Congress made it legal again, after swearing off the corruption booze, to engage in insider trading if you are a Congress-critter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.