News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

This Will Flame Trump's Balls

Started by Minimalist, December 28, 2018, 08:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 29, 2018, 11:06:42 AM
And Ike was not really of any party.  Just our fist and only trusted general-President.  Both parties wanted him...

Correct.  We were bipartisan, both parties wanted to stifle communists.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 29, 2018, 12:29:51 PM
Correct.  We were bipartisan, both parties wanted to stifle communists.

You are So sad sometimes....

Eisenhower had proven executive skills, organizing skills on a large organization, and had proven himself an inpirational leader. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 29, 2018, 12:36:14 PM
You are So sad sometimes....

Eisenhower had proven executive skills, organizing skills on a large organization, and had proven himself an inpirational leader.

Correct on all counts.  But probably most importantly, he was a great bridge player.  In bridge you have to work indirectly with a partner, against an opposing pair of players.  I don't think poker would be as good a skill to have, unless you are Genghis Khan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: aitm on December 29, 2018, 08:40:59 AM
Teddy would be fun one in this generation...

Yeah, we need the guy who said the only good Indian is a dead Indian. He'd fit right in.

Actually, now I see he said it this way: "I don’t go so far as to think that the only good Indians are the dead Indians, but I believe nine out of every 10 are."

The phrase as I had it - "The only good Indian is a dead Indian" - is attributed to Sheridan.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 29, 2018, 01:28:00 PM
He'd fit right in.

Actually, now I see he said it this way: "I don’t go so far as to think that the only good Indians are the dead Indians, but I believe nine out of every 10 are."

Society correctness aside, the Indians were not all great and noble creatures. They killed each other with the same eagerness as the Catlics and Protestants did. The bigger difference is the Indians never developed anything other than their particular kind of soap and perhaps a shitty ass version of corn. American Indians like their Australian counterparts, the Inuit, and several African tribes would never get beyond the simple basics of living. While that makes for pretty beads, blankets and "dream catchers" they added nothing to civilization. Now we can argue whether that was good or bad as a different story, but for the most part, many cultures added nothing to the "advancement" of civility. Roosevelt wasn't all that wrong...but in todays world he would have never said "that".
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Minimalist

As I look around, "civilization" isn't all that "civilized."
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

aitm

Quote from: Minimalist on December 29, 2018, 03:14:03 PM

I would far prefer today than yesterday.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Quote from: Minimalist on December 29, 2018, 03:14:03 PM
Humans have yet to be fully domesticated.
God Not Found

Baruch

Yeah, we need the guy who said the only good Indian is a dead Indian. He'd fit right in.

The phrase as I had it - "The only good Indian is a dead Indian" - is attributed to Sheridan.

Misquoted.  His side of the Roosevelts hated the side that produced FDR.  The only good Democrat is ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on December 29, 2018, 03:18:30 PM
I would far prefer today than yesterday.

Yesterday you were younger.  Duh!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 29, 2018, 03:19:43 PM
Humans have yet to be fully domesticated.

I have a spare cat box and used sand, you can borrow ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quotes are never quite what you think they are.  As Yogi Berra is said to have said, "I never said half those things I said. 

But 90% seems pretty sick.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Yeah, Yogi Berra was one of the most quotable people ever! LOL
God Not Found