Author Topic: Corporate subsidies  (Read 290 times)

Corporate subsidies
« on: December 27, 2018, 05:32:45 PM »
Corporate subsidies are a racket. Politicians claim they want to create jobs, but they are using taxes to fund large corporations that kill small businesses. If corporations are people, why is the US government giving welfare to the richest "people" in the nation? These corporations are going to expand anyway and don't need financial assistance from the government.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
“You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”

― Pema Chödrön

Re: Corporate subsidies
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 05:41:39 PM »
I suspect that much of that corporate welfare makes its way back to the politicians in the form of "campaign contributions." Those things mentioned in the video that "could be done" will not be done, things will continue just as they have for decades.
"Woe to thee, O land, when thy king is a child,"
Ecclesiastes 10:16

Offline Hydra009

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 05:51:12 PM »
If corporations are people, why is the US government giving welfare to the richest "people" in the nation?
For much the same reason they're interested in giving tax breaks to the wealthy, I'd imagine.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 06:17:01 PM »
I suspect politicians have investments in those very same corporations they give the welfare to. They (collectively) probably hold stock in most of them.
"Woe to thee, O land, when thy king is a child,"
Ecclesiastes 10:16

Offline Baruch

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 06:38:09 PM »
I suspect politicians have investments in those very same corporations they give the welfare to. They (collectively) probably hold stock in most of them.

Just recently Congress made it legal again, after swearing off the corruption booze, to engage in insider trading if you are a Congress-critter.
𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎌𐎀𐎍𐎎𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀𐎟𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎁𐎀𐎍𐎉𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk