News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fake News 2018

Started by pr126, December 27, 2018, 12:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimalist

The next time you cite the Dailycaller as a source why don't you be a bit more honest about the fascist scumbags who run it?

QuoteAbout Us

Founded in 2010 by Tucker Carlson, a 20-year veteran journalist, and Neil Patel, former chief policy advisor to Vice President Cheney, The Daily Caller is one of America’s largest and fastest-growing news publications. Our team of experienced, full-time reporters and editors works around the clock to deliver award-winning original reporting, in-depth investigations, entertainment, thought-provoking commentary and up-to-the-second breaking news.

Talk about fake news.  Goebbels is their idol.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

I don't follow MSM, but Tucker Carlson seemed OK in an interview earlier this year.  But partisan is partisan.

The news has always been faked.  It is too important to be left in the hands of journalists.  The greatest lie is a truth that is partly told, or which is given a partisan interpretation.  Like that happens, every day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Minimalist on December 27, 2018, 01:00:16 AM
The next time you cite the Dailycaller as a source why don't you be a bit more honest about the fascist scumbags who run it?

Talk about fake news.  Goebbels is their idol.

Nailed it!  The new political game is to say that the other's who showed evidence about you that is true as wrong.  If you did it, claim the other side did in order to confuse the issue..

This unreality is what really ticks me off.  I respect reality.  I respect facts.  The sad thing is that I can tell the political party of a speaker on TV just by hearing the first sentence being factual or not.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 29, 2018, 12:11:04 PM
Nailed it!  The new political game is to say that the other's who showed evidence about you that is true as wrong.  If you did it, claim the other side did in order to confuse the issue..

This unreality is what really ticks me off.  I respect reality.  I respect facts.  The sad thing is that I can tell the political party of a speaker on TV just by hearing the first sentence being factual or not.

But there is an epistemological problem.  Unless you witnessed it yourself, you really don't KNOW anything.  And even when you witness something yourself, what you think you saw may or may not be so.  Whatever the facts may be, what people call facts, usually shows they are un-self-aware.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 29, 2018, 12:48:15 PM
But there is an epistemological problem.  Unless you witnessed it yourself, you really don't KNOW anything.  And even when you witness something yourself, what you think you saw may or may not be so.  Whatever the facts may be, what people call facts, usually shows they are un-self-aware.

There was some religious twit who loved to ask scientists about previous experiments saying "where you there"?  Meaning, as you imply, that if I did not do the thing itself, how could I know?

I always wanted to meet that guy and ask him the size of Noah's Ark (which of course he would know to the cubit.  And then ask "Where you there"?

You are both of a kind...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 29, 2018, 01:17:42 PM
There was some religious twit who loved to ask scientists about previous experiments saying "where you there"?  Meaning, as you imply, that if I did not do the thing itself, how could I know?

I always wanted to meet that guy and ask him the size of Noah's Ark (which of course he would know to the cubit.  And then ask "Where you there"?

You are both of a kind...

This is why an observation or experiment has to be repeatable to be legit.  That is the scientific way of "being there" after the fact, because if it is a natural law then, it still is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 29, 2018, 05:04:43 PM
This is why an observation or experiment has to be repeatable to be legit.  That is the scientific way of "being there" after the fact, because if it is a natural law then, it still is.

And you think we disagree about that why?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 29, 2018, 05:54:13 PM
And you think we disagree about that why?

Your nuance didn't seem to equal that, to me.

On the other hand, I don't agree with it, as a life choice.  I can agree what tapioca pudding is, but not eat it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

"Fake news!" means "I don't like it and therefore it must be false!!"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 31, 2018, 04:17:09 PM
"Fake news!" means "I don't like it and therefore it must be false!!"

In an environment of rabid politics, every little thing is fake, not just the big things.  This is parallel to rabid support of sports teams.  I can enjoy a good play, by either team, I admire the athleticism.  Fanatics want the other team to die on the playing field.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.