News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

When Will Vesuvius Join In?

Started by Minimalist, December 24, 2018, 03:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimalist

Thanks, B.  Yeah, I'm 69 years old.  "A While Back" can mean anything from 1 day to 20 years.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 29, 2018, 12:24:16 AM
Thanks, B.  Yeah, I'm 69 years old.  "A While Back" can mean anything from 1 day to 20 years.

I am 63 tomorrow.  It is sometimes difficult to "Tell" the age of another person on-line.  But knowing it helps "Pin" what generation you are a part of ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Minimalist on December 27, 2018, 05:23:26 PM
Reminds me of this old joke

A cop walks down 5th Avenue in New York and sees a guy standing there snapping his fingers.

"What's up, my friend?" he asks jovially.

"I'm keeping the rhinos away," the man answers.

"This is New York.  There are no rhinos," he replies.

"Ya see?"  the guys says truimphantly.

OK, this guy walked into a US lumber camp looking for a job.  He was 5' tall and skinny.  The boss suggested he didn't have the skills.  So the guy said "I worked in the Saharan Forest".  And the boss said "There aren't any trees in the Sahara".  And the new guy said. "Not now..."

And there was a Far Side cartoon about a guy in a city with an elephant gun.  And a dead elephant...  BTW, I met Gary Larson once at a book signing (with nearly no one around).  He looked as innocent as Radar O'Reilly from M*A*S*H.  We talked for 15 minutes before the word got out and people crowded around.  I still have 2 signed books...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!