News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Arik, December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 18, 2019, 12:28:16 PM
I can understand why you think you live in a world of wonders and magic.  The wind must drive you crazy, since you can't see it.  And electricity and dog whistles must seem like miracles to you.  Of course infrared light cannot exist for you cannot see it.  Gravity must just boggle what passes for a mind for you.

I am afraid Mike that you got a long long way to go before you can understand how all the system works.

Consciousness is one but her awareness depend on the individual progress.
Matter has no awareness but the potential is there and so all other fundamental factor that make up the universe such as space air, light and water and as these factors through the evolution process turn into human consciousness then the awareness in it is reaching a very high degree.

The consciousness get more and more expressed as the evolution advance and less and less as it decrease as in the matter.
Matter is bottled up energy.
Energy and consciousness are but the two sides of the same sheet no matter in which entity is manifested.
In other words it is the opposite of what you believe.
Everything is made of consciousness not of matter because even the matter is made of energy-consciousness.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 18, 2019, 10:55:07 AM

I suppose you refer to Mike claim when he say that everything is made of matter?
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on February 19, 2019, 10:02:56 AM

I am afraid Mike that you got a long long way to go before you can understand how all the system works.

It's statements like these that makes me glad you have stayed.  I need a good belly-laugh every now and again!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

For Arik ... in Kabbalah, the sephirot correspond to chakras, and Hebrew letters connecting the sephirot correspond to nadis.  The network makes up Adam Kadmon ... the template of the spiritually fulfilled human.  Alternatively this is called the Tree of Life.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I'm not really a full-bore materialist myself, since I believe in the "existence" of an abstract realm that has a different kind of existence than does the material world. Just as one example, the quintillionth digit of pi "exists" even though no human mind knows what it is. It's there in the abstract realm, and can potentially, at least, be discovered by human minds. Everything exists in the abstract realm before it can exist in the physical realm. That's the only metaphysics to which I subscribe. What human brains do is provide a bridge between the abstract and the physical, and can transpose things from one realm to the other.

Roger Penrose discusses this some in The Road to Reality.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Pi is a special transcendental number.  You can actually directly calculate the nth position directly, without first determining the prior digits.  So yes, we can calculate the quintillionth digit, without having to first calculate the digit just before that.  Like most transcendental number however, the calculation either way (sequential or direct) is very slow to converge.

Plato had nothing on you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I love that matter is energy E=MC 2.  Which means M=E/C 2?  And I can't think of what that means...  Its a good thing I had a basic logical office career.

And in my experience, light is cubed being in 3 dimensions (like light from a grow bulb shining on a plant).
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 19, 2019, 01:23:27 PM
I'm not really a full-bore materialist myself, since I believe in the "existence" of an abstract realm that has a different kind of existence than does the material world. Just as one example, the quintillionth digit of pi "exists" even though no human mind knows what it is. It's there in the abstract realm, and can potentially, at least, be discovered by human minds. Everything exists in the abstract realm before it can exist in the physical realm. That's the only metaphysics to which I subscribe. What human brains do is provide a bridge between the abstract and the physical, and can transpose things from one realm to the other.

Roger Penrose discusses this some in The Road to Reality.

Interestingly (if you're a math nerd, anyway), the quintillionth digit of π is directly calculable, without going through all the intervening digits.

Score one more for the real world and the people who explore it.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Wow, that's awesome! I'll have to look at it some more tomorrow when I have more time.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 19, 2019, 08:26:01 PM
Wow, that's awesome! I'll have to look at it some more tomorrow when I have more time.

A product of transcendental number sequence, which is pseudorandom.  But there are different flavors of pseudorandom.  I assume though, that this property only works if you are doing Pi in decimal digits.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 19, 2019, 11:15:34 AM
It's statements like these that makes me glad you have stayed.  I need a good belly-laugh every now and again!!

I suppose it must be better to have a good belly-laugh than to cry in desperation considering your low level of knowledge regarding basic things.

Have a good day and a good belly-laugh anyway.

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2019, 12:45:59 PM
For Arik ... in Kabbalah, the sephirot correspond to chakras, and Hebrew letters connecting the sephirot correspond to nadis.  The network makes up Adam Kadmon ... the template of the spiritually fulfilled human.  Alternatively this is called the Tree of Life.

Unfortunately what is left in all these beliefs is only the theory which obviously get people nowhere unless is follow by practice.

Baruch

That is what "woke" people would ask a newcomer back in the day "What is your practice?".  Of course one assumed one was actually following it.

"Practice" here is mostly arts (not bad), sex and maybe substance abuse.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Practice may get you to Carnegie Hall.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 20, 2019, 01:15:52 PM