Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Arik, December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 10, 2019, 05:33:57 PM
It that what you call this - "debate"?

One polite adult, many impolite children?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: aitm on February 10, 2019, 02:36:51 PM
mighty generous of you to call it a debate rather than having a retard spout complete nonsense and ignore every piece of real evidence and common sense that refutes his prattle. But....I admit some here have engaged in a battle of wit agin half-wit.
"Half-wit" might be generous towards (I assume you mean) Arik.  If he/she was twins, they wouldn't manage one full wit.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Arik

Quote from: aitm on February 10, 2019, 02:36:51 PM
mighty generous of you to call it a debate rather than having a retard spout complete nonsense and ignore every piece of real evidence and common sense that refutes his prattle. But....I admit some here have engaged in a battle of wit agin halfwit

Real evidence?

Where, when, how?

Please show me this evidence of yours so I can reply to you.
So far I haven't seen a single piece of your evidence.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 10, 2019, 01:37:14 PM
I like how this introduction thread, a place for saying "hi," has derailed into 33 pages of debate.

I also like it BL. lol

But I promise you that as soon as I finish my introduction I will start a thread in the proper forum provide of course that the mods don't kick me out before.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Arik on February 11, 2019, 09:27:08 AM

I also like it BL. lol

But I promise you that as soon as I finish my introduction I will start a thread in the proper forum provide of course that the mods don't kick me out before.

I wouldn't worry. You haven't done anything warranting banishment.
I've not read everything you've written, of course.
But from what I've read, I don't think you can be banned.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on February 11, 2019, 09:50:57 AM
I wouldn't worry. You haven't done anything warranting banishment.
I've not read everything you've written, of course.
But from what I've read, I don't think you can be banned.

Otherwise they would have booted me long ago for rejecting the D-R duopoly.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on February 11, 2019, 09:27:08 AM

I also like it BL. lol

This board has banned a few, all that I can remember are theists---but, anyway, none were banned for being stupid.  So, even though you have given 'stupid' a bad name, I don't think you will be banned.   Why would you come to a board trying to be banned.  Why not just stay away?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 11, 2019, 02:30:37 PM
This board has banned a few, all that I can remember are theists---but, anyway, none were banned for being stupid.  So, even though you have given 'stupid' a bad name, I don't think you will be banned.   Why would you come to a board trying to be banned.  Why not just stay away?

This isn't atheistforums.org ... the people here are different ;-p
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2019, 01:17:20 PM
Otherwise they would have booted me long ago for rejecting the D-R duopoly.

D-R duopoly?

What is that?

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2019, 06:18:42 PM
This isn't atheistforums.org ... the people here are different ;-p

Good to know.

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 11, 2019, 02:30:37 PM
This board has banned a few, all that I can remember are theists---but, anyway, none were banned for being stupid.  So, even though you have given 'stupid' a bad name, I don't think you will be banned.   Why would you come to a board trying to be banned.

Who try to be banned?

QuoteWhy not just stay away?

If I go in a yoga forum almost everybody would agree with me so what's the point?
It is in a forum like this in which most people don't agree with me that I can find it very interesting because I have to exercise and train my mind in order to support my beliefs against a strong opposition.

It is this clash that help me to learn how I should put my argument forward in a better way.

No clash = no learning.

Mike Cl

[quote author=Arik link=topic=13210.msg1245797#msg1245797 date=1549979427

If I go in a yoga forum almost everybody would agree with me so what's the point?
It is in a forum like this in which most people don't agree with me that I can find it very interesting because I have to exercise and train my mind in order to support my beliefs against a strong opposition.

It is this clash that help me to learn how I should put my argument forward in a better way.

No clash = no learning.
[/quote]
From what I've read it is hard for me to think you have a brain.  As for learning you demonstrate nothing that would suggest you are capable of doing that--learn.  For your supposed love of being 'conscious' you seem to be so only in one very narrow band of belief.  Beyond that, you seem to be totally oblivious to anything.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Arik on February 12, 2019, 08:24:48 AM

D-R duopoly?

What is that?

Democrat-Republican. Baruch doesn't think there's a difference between the two.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on February 12, 2019, 08:50:27 AM

Who try to be banned?

No clash = no learning.

i could go to a forum I create, where I am almost the only one there (a former member here did that 18 months ago, shortly afterward he apparently died from solipsism ;-(

These people not only made me a better theist, they made me move from monotheism to polytheism.  i need to get back to worshipping my parrot now ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on February 12, 2019, 08:24:48 AM

D-R duopoly?

What is that?

The US claims to be a two-party polity ... but hasn't been since 1963.  The two parties made a blood brother pact over a certain change in chief executive and are bound by their shared guilt for that, and all the psychopathic shit that came afterward ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.