Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Arik, December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Arik on January 11, 2019, 08:54:38 AM
Evidence is there but it is individual.
Then it's not evidence and you need to quit calling it evidence.

Quote from: Arik on January 11, 2019, 08:54:38 AM
I don't know is an excellent answer in case you really do not know.
Unfortunately a lot of people who say I don't know one moment the next moment take things void of any evidence as golden evidence like...........we only got one life.........when you die is all over.........Jesus never existed......and so on.
I don't have any evidence to say you're not a child rapist and serial killer.  By your own "logic", I am therefore justified in thinking you are one.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Frankly, Arik, I don't think anyone here cares one little bit what you believe. Believe whatever floats your boat, but you're not going to persuade anyone here to believe as you do - certainly not with arguments from mere assertion.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 11, 2019, 02:25:28 PM
Frankly, Arik, I don't think anyone here cares one little bit what you believe. Believe whatever floats your boat, but you're not going to persuade anyone here to believe as you do - certainly not with arguments from mere assertion.

I care.  But then I have an open mind on religious matters.  Very closed on political matters though ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Is your mind so open that your brain fell out?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 11, 2019, 07:48:37 PM
Is your mind may be so open that your brain fell out?

Very old joke.  Even older commercial, for the decongestant .. this line cartoon guy had the sniffles, and because he didn't get some effective decongestant, his head just floated off his shoulders.  But the real reason he wanted Sudafed was to distill meth amphetamines ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a62yhOC4isA
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

You bet your sweet bippy!
God Not Found

Cavebear

I see Arik as a typical theist, unable to to distinguish between fact and fiction, and unable to comprehend a logical argument, imagining that his beliefs represent reality in spite of all evidence of fact.  As such, I don't really much care about anything he posts.

Fools can post what they want.  When they get too moronic, I will reply.  But most of you will save me the trouble, LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Arik

Quote from: trdsf on January 11, 2019, 11:37:57 AM
Then it's not evidence and you need to quit calling it evidence.

What is evidence to you may not be evidence to me and the other way around.
You can tell me that your relationship with your lover is build on love but you could not produce any solid evidence that you are right.

Evidence for God travel along the same path so to speak.
What belong to you can not be transferred to anybody else so is only evidence to you and not anybody else.
In other words evidence exist.
This is undeniable but in most cases it may not be evidence to other.

QuoteI don't have any evidence to say you're not a child rapist and serial killer.  By your own "logic", I am therefore justified in thinking you are one.

This is a logic that is gone astray.
Why don't you instead explain how your evidence for something that belong to you as explained in my previous example can be turned into evidence for everybody else?
It is impossible that is why is not possible for me or anybody else to produce evidence for God unless you yourself build up a relationship with Him.
So to say that God does not exist doesn't make sense.
There is no evidence as there is no evidence to say that your love for your lover does not exist.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Cavebear

Quote from: Arik on January 12, 2019, 08:44:50 AM

You can tell me that your relationship with your lover is build on love but you could not produce any solid evidence that you are right.

Evidence for God travel along the same path so to speak.
What belong to you can not be transferred to anybody else so is only evidence to you and not anybody else.
In other words evidence exist.
This is undeniable but in most cases it may not be evidence to other.

This is a logic that is gone astray.
Why don't you instead explain how your evidence for something that belong to you as explained in my previous example can be turned into evidence for everybody else?
It is impossible that is why is not possible for me or anybody else to produce evidence for God unless you yourself build up a relationship with Him.
So to say that God does not exist doesn't make sense.
There is no evidence as there is no evidence to say that your love for your lover does not exist.

OK, you are saying that the soul is separate from the person and does not belong to them to control.  I get that.  What about vaccines?  How about if a pregnant women dares to venture out of the house?  Is that wrong?  What if her actions help other women to give birth and she loses her child?  What happens to her in God's eyes? 

Mike Cl

This is for Arik--not Cavebear--sorry.
OK, you are saying that the soul is separate from the person and does not belong to them to control.  I get that.  What about vaccines?  How about if a pregnant women dares to venture out of the house?  Is that wrong?  What if her actions help other women to give birth and she loses her child?  What happens to her in God's eyes?
[/quote]
You really are crazier than a shithouse rat, aren't you?!!  It really would be better for this world for you to be contained somewhere where you can't hurt yourself or others. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 12, 2019, 09:04:02 AM
You really are crazier than a shithouse rat, aren't you?!!  It really would be better for this world for you to be contained somewhere where you can't hurt yourself or others.

Hey wait man, that got aimed at ME...

Did you intend that?

Hydra009

Quote from: Arik on January 12, 2019, 08:44:50 AM

That's...not how evidence works.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 12, 2019, 09:10:32 AM
That's...not how evidence works.

Indeed, evidence goes one way.  And usually, not in favor of theists...

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on January 12, 2019, 09:08:34 AM

Hey wait man, that got aimed at ME...

Did you intend that?
Cavebear--how could you even think that was intended for you, my fine clear thinking bruin????  You are the opposite of what I wrote about Arik.  He is demonstrating the worst of the theist ideas--they are hurtful and dangerous for any society to take seriously.  Yet many theists do believe those crazy, dangerous, stupid things--witness all the religious 'leaders' who actively support Trump.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 12, 2019, 09:13:35 AM
Cavebear--how could you even think that was intended for you, my fine clear thinking bruin????  You are the opposite of what I wrote about Arik.  He is demonstrating the worst of the theist ideas--they are hurtful and dangerous for any society to take seriously.  Yet many theists do believe those crazy, dangerous, stupid things--witness all the religious 'leaders' who actively support Trump.

OK, let's say It SEEMED like a comment was aimed at me, so that's why I asked.  LOL!  I was pretty sure it wasn't, but it makes sense to check. 

"my fine clear thinking bruin????"?  Thank you.

And I blush...