News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Arik, December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Human beings aren't special, just another monkey.  Yes, treat humans as cattle.  Breed them for food.  "It's a cookbook!".  White people, the other white meat.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: aitm on January 09, 2019, 09:04:34 PM
There....in a nutshell. Pretty much lays bare the crux of the boys whole thesis. The grandest of human arrogance. That humans don't die like "other" creatures. We are "special". No evidence of that, but hey....this kid don't need no frickin evidence he has gawd. The great equalizer, and by that, everyone is equal, whether you believe or not. Meh....what good is a god what don't cater to his own eh?

1) The day you will see a dead consciousness (whether human, animal or from a plant and real so no hallucinations) please let me know so I will send you a truck load full of 24 carat gold.
This is my promise to you AITM.
I am pretty honest with my promises.

2) Now what about.............what good is a god what don't cater to his own eh?.......

You mean that the inventor of the universal game should tell you where the treasure is?
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 09, 2019, 10:05:59 PM
So I take it you've never seen a cemetery?

Been there Hydra, yet I haven't seen any dead consciousness.

QuotePeople who live in glass houses...

QuoteYou have no idea whether or not this is this case.  It is something you want to believe is real so you've convinced yourself that it's real.

At least I do bring something that make a lot of sense.
You on the contrary bring nothing.

QuoteI take it no one explained to you that evolution operates at the level of populations.  No wonder your claims about evolution are so wonky.
It's so strange that you think this is a coherent thought, let alone a cogent argument.

I guess that nobody ever told you that Darwin idea of evolution is only related to the evolution of the body.
The guy was too busy with this part or portion of evolution that never study the other evolution which is the evolution of the consciousness.
Sad indeed because now the intellectual fraternity wrongly think that the evolution is all about body evolution.

QuoteWhatever.  Find somewhere else to peddle your BS.

Have a lovely day Hydra.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on January 10, 2019, 09:38:32 AM

I guess that nobody ever told you that Darwin idea of evolution is only related to the evolution of the body.
The guy was too busy with this part or portion of evolution that never study the other evolution which is the evolution of the consciousness.
Sad indeed because now the intellectual fraternity wrongly think that the evolution is all about body evolution.

What have I learned to date from Arik?  You are a typical theist; trots out belief after belief, assertion after assertion, and thinks that saying something over and over and in a loud voice makes it real.  Sprinkle in some insults and name calling and there your have it; the typical theist, Arik.  You do bring to the table an astounding lack of evidence, thinking or reasoning--or even just plain listening to what others say.  Astounding--yet completely typical willful ignorance and a proud display of stupidity.  Your typical theist. 

Nothing to see here folks, just move along...............................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Arik sounds like the Creationist who demands to see a crocoduck as evidence for evolution. If we somehow found the nonsensical evidence they demanded ("seeing dead consciousness," OMFG), we would be proving ourselves wrong.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

Don't forget the hypocrisy of refusing to provide evidence when they're asked for it.  And the cowardice of running like hell from questions they can't answer.

Especially since there's no forum more willing to accept "I don't know" for an answer.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on January 10, 2019, 05:56:11 PM
Don't forget the hypocrisy of refusing to provide evidence when they're asked for it.
Who needs evidence when you can just take things that are already givens and claim them as evidence?  Consciousness exists therefore [insert religious beliefs here].  Checkmate, atheists.

QuoteAnd the cowardice of running like hell from questions they can't answer.  Especially since there's no forum more willing to accept "I don't know" for an answer.
Yeah, that would be the humble option, but there's no glory or self-importance in that, so it has much less appeal.

Hydra009

Quote from: Arik on January 10, 2019, 09:38:32 AMI guess that nobody ever told you that Darwin idea of evolution is only related to the evolution of the body.
Smarter than Darwin, now?  My, someone's a bit conceited. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aprcqLMY2QY

QuoteThe guy was too busy with this part or portion of evolution that never study the other evolution which is the evolution of the consciousness.
When this "other evolution" becomes a legitimate scientific field, then the words pouring out of your cakehole might have merit.  Until then, tell it to the marines.

Baruch

Some say, there is no body, just spirit.  Others say there is no spirit, just body.  Yet others say there is both body and spirit, that interact.  But there are yet two more possibilities ... that there is no body and no spirit ... and that body and spirit are just two names for something that has no name.

Perhaps the vanity is in Adam naming things, categorizing them.  There is just All, any categorizing being superficial hair splitting.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I think they have a great shampoo for those split ends...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 10, 2019, 07:16:18 PM
I think they have a great shampoo for those split ends...

Weak ;-)  Can you name any other possibilities (besides choosing one particular possibility as your favorite)?  I am interested in what people think, not what they merely ideologue.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 10, 2019, 05:00:50 PM
Arik sounds like the Creationist who demands to see a crocoduck as evidence for evolution. If we somehow found the nonsensical evidence they demanded ("seeing dead consciousness," OMFG), we would be proving ourselves wrong.

If the atheists can not provide evidence that the consciousness die when the body die why then they keep on saying that there is only one life?

Can't you see the contradiction?

Arik

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 10, 2019, 06:12:04 PM
Smarter than Darwin, now?  My, someone's a bit conceited.

Not me Hydra but Shiva that gave yoga is much smarter than Darwin.
However is not that Darwin was an idiot.
He was quite good but in his own field of knowledge.
I for example I am a disaster in playing music not for this reason I should be called an idiot.
Everybody is smart in their own field.

QuoteWhen this "other evolution" becomes a legitimate scientific field, then the words pouring out of your cakehole might have merit.  Until then, tell it to the marines.

Oh, I see.
So you reason like those folks that were waiting for the Pope or for any other important person that would explain them that the planet earth was not flat to change their mind.

Arik

Quote from: trdsf on January 10, 2019, 05:56:11 PM
Don't forget the hypocrisy of refusing to provide evidence when they're asked for it.  And the cowardice of running like hell from questions they can't answer.

I thought I was quite clear in answering Mike question about evidence for God.
Evidence is there but it is individual.
As you can not show any evidence that your love for your lover is real I also can not show that MY spiritual love for God is real.
All physical evidence for any kind of love boil down to extra hormones released by the glands in question and that's all.
Finding God is like finding a treasure.
What you find belong to you not to other people.
Why should it belong to people who are not interested in finding the treasure within?

That what it is.
God lie within not up in an external heaven.
It is like a seed who need to be germinated in order to manifest.

This is my personal experience and your are free to dismiss it as no evidence.
Please yourself.

QuoteEspecially since there's no forum more willing to accept "I don't know" for an answer.

I don't know is an excellent answer in case you really do not know.
Unfortunately a lot of people who say I don't know one moment the next moment take things void of any evidence as golden evidence like...........we only got one life.........when you die is all over.........Jesus never existed......and so on.