News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Arik, December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 07, 2019, 07:39:08 PM
You and clearly demonstrating anything does not compute............................

You are clearly one of Unbeliever's hundred personalities.  Is this server housed in a mental institution?  Just asking.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 07, 2019, 07:42:50 PM
I am legion...

You don't even know any Latin.  A barbarian horde perhaps ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Sure I know some Latin. Veni vidi concursus - I came, I saw, I concurred.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Oh lord...someone went off and broke Brauch......crap....who the fuck is gonna clean up this?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on January 07, 2019, 09:49:48 PM
Oh lord...someone went off and broke Brauch......crap....who the fuck is gonna clean up this?

You can't type (me neither).

I have enjoyed reading Arik's stuff.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 07, 2019, 11:43:59 AM
You didn't provide the definitions of the terms I requested. Your claim remains both vaguely defined and therefor indefensible. You can't expect me to understand your arguments if you don't understand them yourself. How is a plant inferior to an animal? Contrary to popular belief, no living thing is more highly evolved than another. Every living thing evolved to survive in its environment, and they are good at surviving. For example, some fruit bearing plants have a symbiotic relationship with animals, where animals obtain sustenance from the plants, and the animals in exchange spread and fertilize the seeds. Neither one is "superior" to the other, as I see it.

As for the rest, you clearly are set in your thinking and are not capable of honest thought. You can't focus, your arguments are all over the place, and you continually fail to provide evidence of your claims.

Survival is very important BL but progress is even more important.
All creatures fight for survival but man (all humans, men and women) can go further.
He can also strive for progress which is something that plants and animals can not do.

Here I am talking about progress of the consciousness BL.
Of course if you reckon that ..................no living thing is more highly evolved than another..........then I imagine that you wouldn't mind to be an animal or a plant or even a prehistoric man.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 07, 2019, 01:37:36 PM
An analogy is only an analogy, and no analogies are perfect. Neither do they count as evidence.

Analogy surely wouldn't count as evidence but when the thing is so so obvious then you would be a fool not to believe.
Would you really think that a driver is a product of the vehicle?

Doesn't your mind act as a driver that tell your body or mind what to do, exactly like a driver control the vehicle?
So where suppose to be the difference?
Are you waiting an other 20 or more years until even science confirm what yoga knew thousand of years ago?
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 07, 2019, 01:45:26 PM
I think Arik's problem is one of being inarticulate, unable to put English sentences together in a way that we, the readers, can understand. My guess would be a lack of decent education is the cause of the inability to state things clearly and succinctly..

Little to do with education brother.
It is rather the fact that my mother language is not English.

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 07, 2019, 02:02:12 PM
I don't understand why emergent phenomena would be considered "magic," since it's obvious that emergent phenomena do exist. Water is wet, but not when there is only one molecule of it. Wetness emerges when the number of water molecules reaches sufficient numbers, and not before. How many that is I don't know, though. Brains are conscious, but not when there is only one neuron.

Consciousness Is the Whole Brain. It's Not Reducible.

The world is full full of guesses and most of these guesses will never reach the stage to become evidence including the guess that the consciousness is the whole brain or the funny story that when the body die also the consciousness die.

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on January 08, 2019, 10:00:03 AM

The world is full full of guesses and most of these guesses will never reach the stage to become evidence including the guess that the consciousness is the whole brain or the funny story that when the body die also the consciousness die.

The spirit is multidimensional, death is the cessation of one of those dimensions.  Not necessarily the cessation of all of them.  My posts may outlive me, and are the product of my extended consciousness.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on January 08, 2019, 10:00:03 AM

Theist guesses will forever remain guesses.  Scientific guesses are called an hypothesis and they will be tested; some will become established fact and the rest will be disproved or unproved guesses.

Huge difference, my man.  You can believe whatever your little heart demands.  I shall not 'believe' anything and only rely on fact or evidence. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Do not type 'multidimensional spirit' on the research bar. <Spirituality could not be engaged>
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 08, 2019, 02:23:56 PM
Do not type 'multidimensional spirit' on the research bar. <Spirituality could not be engaged>

That is because your avatar is clearly 2-dimensional, but 2 is more than one, so you are at least minimally multidimensional yourself.  I have yet to discover how many dimensions I have ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on January 08, 2019, 06:43:47 PM
That is because your avatar is clearly 2-dimensional, but 2 is more than one, so you are at least minimally multidimensional yourself.  I have yet to discover how many dimensions I have ;-)
Hey, buddy, I can help you out.  You have one just like the rest of us.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?