News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Arik, December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: Arik on December 25, 2018, 04:34:44 AM

God to me is everywhere and is everything.
Of course to understand why species with or without backbones may or may not feel God is all about evolution.
Evolution of the consciousness so if you are evolved to a certain degree you need a body able to store a certain amount of consciousness and here a spinal cord is needed.
Plants are aware yet they don't have a backbone because their awareness is very very small.
Animals are a step higher and human beings even higher so the higher you are in the evolution process and the more complex the spinal cord and glands you need to have.

Thats some......mighty fine...er.....thinkin there. Yessir, mighty fine critical thinkin.....whoo boy.

"Plants are aware yet they don't have a backbone because their awareness is very very small."

Holy crap on a cracker.......it's okay to think this stuff, all nice and comfortable....but man when you actually like....put it out there you kinda fall off the wagon full into whack-a-doddle land.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Panpsychism or psycho?  Your call.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Arik on December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM
Let me introduce myself.
I am a non religious theist.
I have been interacting for several years in an other atheist forum until few weeks ago someone decided to boot me out.
The official reason is that I have been trolling.
In reality I insisted in asking for evidence.
Evidence that the consciousness is a product of the brain, evidence that when the body die also the consciousness die and other evidence.
These are beliefs that most atheists rely so I can not see why this has to do with trolling.
Atheists always ask for evidence about beliefs that theists have so I can not see why asking for evidence about atheists beliefs is trolling.
But please let me answer one question that atheists always ask to theist.
Evidence for God.
This topic is very interesting indeed.
To me it all boil down so to speak about evidence for love.
Love is not only physical.
It can also be mental and spiritual.
When a person is in physical-mental love his-her body produce extra hormones.
According to the type of love these hormones are produced by certain glands in the body or brain.
In physical-mental love this nice feeling is usually felt in the heart and in less part in the brain.
By practicing love for God this nice feeling that is given by hormones is felt in the pineal gland which since the antiquity is known as the third eye so to me this is clear evidence that God exist otherwise no hormones would be released.

What you think?

I think you are just another of a very long string of theists who thinks he/she can somehow "save" all us atheists if only we LISTENED to YOU and accepted THE WORD.  And I don't even care what superstition you profess to.  They are basically all the same. 

Your specific deity created the whole universe and everything in it, HE (it is almost always a HE) made things difficult to understand so we have to accept HIS WORD on faith, and there is some sort of everlasting punishment for those who refuse THE WORD. 

Spare yourself the effort...  Your initial posts will be long and involved.  They will shorten as you get frustrated when you don't convince us, and you will will eventually go away when you can't answer our questions.

Your kind bores me.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Arik

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2018, 12:46:45 AM
I think you are just another of a very long string of theists who thinks he/she can somehow "save" all us atheists if only we LISTENED to YOU and accepted THE WORD.  And I don't even care what superstition you profess to.  They are basically all the same. 

Your specific deity created the whole universe and everything in it, HE (it is almost always a HE) made things difficult to understand so we have to accept HIS WORD on faith, and there is some sort of everlasting punishment for those who refuse THE WORD. 

Spare yourself the effort...  Your initial posts will be long and involved.  They will shorten as you get frustrated when you don't convince us, and you will will eventually go away when you can't answer our questions.

Your kind bores me.

I have no reason to get frustrated.
None at all Cavebear.
I rather get frustrated when I have no one to talk-comunicate to.
The fact that people agree with me or not is totally irrelevant.
I do not believe in hell or some sort of permanent punishment.
To me at the end everybody will understand how the system works so everybody will end up in the same beautiful place that I believe it exist.
The only problem is that those who cling to fantasied will take longer and longer to get there.
It does not means that I am right and you are wrong.
You could well have some important points that are quite valid that is why I am prepared to listen to everyone.
If you have noticed unlike religious believers I do not state........THIS IS RIGHT OR THIS IS WRONG...but I usually say.........to me
this is right and this is wrong.

Many atheists on the other hand behave same same as many religious people that state things void of any evidence as to say.......the consciousness is a product of the brain or that the life end with the physical death.

Can you see the difference between state something and instead saying..........MY BELIEF IS THAT THIS IS TRUE.
To me to state-declare-assert something must involve clear evidence.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: aitm on December 25, 2018, 09:28:05 AM
Thats some......mighty fine...er.....thinkin there. Yessir, mighty fine critical thinkin.....whoo boy.

"Plants are aware yet they don't have a backbone because their awareness is very very small."

Holy crap on a cracker.......it's okay to think this stuff, all nice and comfortable....but man when you actually like....put it out there you kinda fall off the wagon full into whack-a-doddle land.

In the past only hippies thought that plants are aware so some form of consciousness must be there.
Science these days is finally recognizing plants as sensual beings.
If you think that I am making up stories all you have to do is to go in your search engine and click......ARE PLANTS AWARE?

Have a good day.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on December 24, 2018, 12:34:56 PM
Meditation then.  Dissociation of the individual identity.  Do you become the Salt Boy, or do you retain some individuality?

The epistles of John and the paen to love by Paul ... fit what you are saying.  Also Krishna playing with the Gopis.

Interesting issue Baruch.

To me meditation has really nothing to do with DISSOCIATION but has all to do with union.
Union with the whole.

Suppose a drop of water by the push of mother nature (gravity if you like) try to reach the ocean.
What will happen to that drop?

It will happen that that drop will become the ocean itself.
Meditation follow the same logic.
Individual consciousness once it reach the universal consciousness will merge in it and become one with it.

This is my belief however.

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 24, 2018, 02:06:03 PM
It helps regulate the hormones that makes it easier for us to sleep apparently by sensing light and dark.

This is what science has so far discovered.
However science always keep on discovering new things so I wouldn't really stop at what we know so far.

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 24, 2018, 02:16:21 PM
Yeah, I know all that, but what does it have to do with God? I'm hoping our new poster can clarify that.

Let us go one step at the time brother.
According to yoga the pineal gland is the site of our consciousness.
Whether the pineal gland is there or has been removed it wouldn't really matter as far as having the consciousness because consciousness is an abstract entity so it would still be in that space where the pineal gland was however living without this gland would be very hard indeed.

It would be impossible however to live without the consciousness.
Even zombies have a tiny bit of consciousness.
But let me put why according to me consciousness is related to God.
One of the two thing that God can not do is to create an other God so God is one and all consciousness are but the reflexion of the same entity.
The only problem that humans have is to realize this point.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Arik on December 26, 2018, 10:13:05 AM

Let us go one step at the time brother.
Whether the pineal gland is there or has been removed it wouldn't really matter as far as having the consciousness because consciousness is an abstract entity so it would still be in that space where the pineal gland was however living without this gland would be very hard indeed.

It would be impossible however to live without the consciousness.
Even zombies have a tiny bit of consciousness.
But let me put why according to me consciousness is related to God.
One of the two thing that God can not do is to create an other God so God is one and all consciousness are but the reflexion of the same entity.
The only problem that humans have is to realize this point.

And what else, according to you, can't god do? What's THE second thing?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Arik

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 26, 2018, 10:46:13 AM
And what else, according to you, can't god do? What's THE second thing?

He (He-she is a way to describe this spiritual entity) can not hate anyone that is also why the hell can not exist.
If there would be hell there also would be hate and that would show that God did mistakes in his creation but God being perfect can not do mistakes so hell which is a dumping ground for mistakes can not exist.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on December 26, 2018, 09:45:18 AM

This is what science has so far discovered.
However science always keep on discovering new things so I wouldn't really stop at what we know so far.
Yes science (people using the scientific method--'science' is not a magical word) keeps on discovering new things.  Scientists are not afraid of saying 'We don't know", and then keep trying to know.  Religious and theists have yet to prove anything.  They must rely on faith and belief, for they cannot prove any of those beliefs.  They have yet to demonstrate in any way anything supernatural.   We can only rely on what it is we know and not on what we speculate we will know later on. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on December 26, 2018, 10:56:37 AM

He (He-she is a way to describe this spiritual entity) can not hate anyone that is also why the hell can not exist.
If there would be hell there also would be hate and that would show that God did mistakes in his creation but God being perfect can not do mistakes so hell which is a dumping ground for mistakes can not exist.

I must differ from your idealism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Arik on December 26, 2018, 10:13:05 AM
"According to yoga"? Why should I even consider whatever "yoga" has to say? Yoga may well be good for physical health and such, but how does yoga know anything about consciousness? Has yoga performed repeatable experiments and devised a theory of consciousness? Has yoga got anything other than argument by assertion? Who is yoga, and why is yoga any sort of authority on consciousness?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Quote from: Arik on December 26, 2018, 08:21:31 AM

In the past only hippies thought that plants are aware so some form of consciousness must be there.

Oh...so hippies of the past knew plants had consciousness? Well why didn't we ask them about everything then? Surely they must have had a "higher" consciousness.   *Yawns*

I gotta admit some of todays youts sure can staple their asses to crazy ass shit based on crazier ass shit.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 26, 2018, 01:33:46 PM
"According to yoga"? Why should I even consider whatever "yoga" has to say? Yoga may well be good for physical health and such, but how does yoga know anything about consciousness? Has yoga performed repeatable experiments and devised a theory of consciousness? Has yoga got anything other than argument by assertion? Who is yoga, and why is yoga any sort of authority on consciousness?

That is Hatha Yoga.  Yoga in India is an entire religion underlying Hinduism and Buddhism.  Yes, Indians were doing psychology over 3000 years ago.  Of course not using the most up to date techniques ... it was all introspection and teacher-pupil insight.

The West is crap.  Nuke it.  Science and Math are White privilege!  Read the Yoga Sutras (aphorisms) by Patanjali in the original Sanskrit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga_Sutras_of_Patanjali

If you prefer to find the meaning of your life, by controlled experiments of white mice navigating a maze, by all means do so.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.