News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Arik, December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on December 24, 2018, 10:00:28 AM

I do respect your belief but to me it doesn't make much sense.
If that would be the case why then my pineal gland produce a beautiful feeling when I practice my meditation which involve also to be one with the whole?
So, for you, god is your pineal gland is where your god manifests itself?  So, god can only be present for species with backbones?  God did not create all, then.  As far as we now know, the pineal gland is basically a light sensing organ and helps create and regulate melatonin, which helps us sleep.  Don't know where god fits in there for you.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on December 24, 2018, 10:00:28 AM

I do respect your belief but to me it doesn't make much sense.
If that would be the case why then my pineal gland produce a beautiful feeling when I practice my meditation which involve also to be one with the whole?

Meditation then.  Dissociation of the individual identity.  Do you become the Salt Boy, or do you retain some individuality?

The epistles of John and the paen to love by Paul ... fit what you are saying.  Also Krishna playing with the Gopis.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Why is the pineal gland so important?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 24, 2018, 01:11:56 PM
Why is the pineal gland so important?
It helps regulate the hormones that makes it easier for us to sleep apparently by sensing light and dark.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Yeah, I know all that, but what does it have to do with God? I'm hoping our new poster can clarify that.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 24, 2018, 02:16:21 PM
Yeah, I know all that, but what does it have to do with God? I'm hoping our new poster can clarify that.

Chakras, dude!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Yeah, know what you mean. 

the_antithesis

Quote from: Arik on December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM
By practicing love for God this nice feeling that is given by hormones is felt in the pineal gland which since the antiquity is known as the third eye so to me this is clear evidence that God exist otherwise no hormones would be released.

So if you believe in god, a skinny dick will come out of your forehead?

aitm

Love is simply an emotion that each of us experiences in what may be completely different ways. We attach a word to this emotion and try to explain it to others and then we blanket all such emotions as "love" when we have no idea if the person next to us experiences the same love that we do.

When we try to suggest that "love" is a predetermined thing and it effects all the same way, we can run into problems. If a god gave us "love" it was mighty inept in its handling of the distribution of equal portions.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

That the mind is produced by the brain is very easy to prove. What happens if you take a blow to the head? You lose consciousness. What happens when your brain falls asleep? You become unconscious. What happens when you drink too much alcohol, and the alcohol impairs your brain's ability to function? Your consciousness is impaired, and you may even black out and lose memories. Heck, there have even been studies on people whose left and right hemispheres in their brains were separated, and both sides operated independently, as if they were both separate consciences. Everything points to the brain being the source of consciousness. Where's your evidence for the contrary?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

The pineal gland is thought by some proponents of duelism to be the link between the brain and the soul. It's complete BS, of course. It doesn't even solve the problem it seeks to fix. How does an immaterial soul interact with a physical brain? With a physical gland... Of course!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

the_antithesis

Quote from: Arik on December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM
In reality I insisted in asking for evidence.
That's rich.
QuoteEvidence that the consciousness is a product of the brain, evidence that when the body die also the consciousness die and other evidence.
Provide evidence of consciousness without a brain and/or body and then we'll have something to discuss.

Until then you are asking for us to provide evidence of table. Why should items fall to the floor when dropped? That's what you sound like. Stop it.
QuoteThese are beliefs that most atheists rely so I can not see why this has to do with trolling.
PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF TABLE

That's why it's trolling.
QuoteEvidence for God.
This topic is very interesting indeed.
To me it all boil down so to speak about evidence for love.
Love is not god.

Love is created by various chemical in the body.
Scientist have made drugs that inhibit these chemicals. Does this mean they have destroyed god?
QuoteLove is not only physical.
Yes it is.
QuoteIt can also be mental
Which is physical
Quoteand spiritual.
By which you mean emotional, which is also physical, caused by chemicals in the body.
QuoteWhen a person is in physical-mental love his-her body produce extra hormones.
According to the type of love these hormones are produced by certain glands in the body or brain.
In physical-mental love this nice feeling is usually felt in the heart and in less part in the brain.
By practicing love for God this nice feeling that is given by hormones is felt in the pineal gland which since the antiquity is known as the third eye so to me this is clear evidence that God exist otherwise no hormones would be released.

What you think?

I think you're stupid.

So your evidence for god is that feeling of love for this god thing is felt not in the heart but the pineal gland?

That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

How do you know it's the pineal gland and not the pitutary gland or the cerebellum or a fucking tumor?

I'll answer for you. You don't. You're just guess and going by your feelings and expect that to be accepted.

It's not acceptable. This is not evidence. Go away. Learn what evidence is. Then come back.

I doubt you will.

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 24, 2018, 10:22:41 AM
So, for you, god is your pineal gland is where your god manifests itself?  So, god can only be present for species with backbones?  God did not create all, then.  As far as we now know, the pineal gland is basically a light sensing organ and helps create and regulate melatonin, which helps us sleep.  Don't know where god fits in there for you.

God to me is everywhere and is everything.
Of course to understand why species with or without backbones may or may not feel God is all about evolution.
Evolution of the consciousness so if you are evolved to a certain degree you need a body able to store a certain amount of consciousness and here a spinal cord is needed.
Plants are aware yet they don't have a backbone because their awareness is very very small.
Animals are a step higher and human beings even higher so the higher you are in the evolution process and the more complex the spinal cord and glands you need to have.

I wish I could answer all other questions right now but work is waiting for me.
See you tomorrow.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Gawdzilla Sama

Namu amida butsu.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on December 25, 2018, 04:34:44 AM

God to me is everywhere and is everything.
Of course to understand why species with or without backbones may or may not feel God is all about evolution.
Evolution of the consciousness so if you are evolved to a certain degree you need a body able to store a certain amount of consciousness and here a spinal cord is needed.
Plants are aware yet they don't have a backbone because their awareness is very very small.
Animals are a step higher and human beings even higher so the higher you are in the evolution process and the more complex the spinal cord and glands you need to have.

I wish I could answer all other questions right now but work is waiting for me.
See you tomorrow.
Evolution works just fine without the input of any fictional god.  If your god is everywhere and everything, then what is the need of a pineal gland?  What of those who have a sick or malfunctioning gland?  Are they then without god? 

I can just as easily say (and I do) that god is nowhere and in nothing.  Your god and all others are simply fictions created by people to make themselves feel better.  God is not needed for the universe and Earth to function as it does and life does not need god to have it happen.  You simply want an easy answer.