News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Arik, December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

That, though, does include yourself, does it not?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 14, 2019, 06:53:30 PM
That, though, does include yourself, does it not?

Yes, all the egomaniacs who post here, naturally assume I am an egomaniac too.  But some poo tossers are more equal than others.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Cavebear on March 14, 2019, 12:11:00 PM
Quote from: Arik on March 14, 2019, 11:05:59 AM
I never intended to call you CB for disrespect but only because I try to save time so I tend to reduce people name with A B C letters.
That's all.

"NO PROB"

Other than that, you don't seem to understand logic at all...

*SIGH*  Talking to non-factual people is like arguing with children about dessert...

You got to be alert all the time Mister because logic within a universal system that move and change all the time may mean absolutely nothing.
Real logic to me only apply to a system that is 100% fixed and that if exist as I do believe it does is not this always changeable  universe.
Fools try to hold a grip to something that move all the time but that is impossible to hold to for long time.
Nature always win.

QuoteOK look, evolution is probably my favorite subject as a concept.  It is probably one of the most brilliant thought-concepts of all time .  So, to start, you are unlikely to be able to tell me "that's not as the evolution works " (and I will allow "how" because sometimes I don't type worth a damn, either).

Materialists are not very good observers.
They rely on the physical-material aspect of the creation to try to understand something but what make-trigger the changes in people are not these factors but the consciousness.
That is easily observed in people who follow certain things in life.
You may see people with thirst for material things that look totally different from people who look for scientific knowledge or people who look for drugs or people who look for spiritual knowledge.
After sometime that people follow something in life their body-mind change in order to build a parallelism between their bodies and their consciousness that is why it is the consciousness-mind that trigger changes in the body.
Obviously people who do not understand how the consciousness works can not even understand how the evolution works.

QuoteYour several statements after that made no sense at all...

That is not as the evolution works.
The more you are able to penetrate the inner self the more you understand how the system works.
The same goes for anything in life.
The more you study the more you know things but of course to you all this means nothing considering that for you the role of consciousness means nothing and evolution is only related to physical changes.

How on earth can you understand how evolution works if you don't even understand that it is the consciousness that trigger changes?

Once again you generalize as if all the people would be the same.

QuoteNo, I generalize only about the superstitious faith-oriented people here.  You ARE a majority in most places, but shrinking...

Fail once again because yoga is 99% practice and it is through practice that you come to know the reality.
Religious people and materialists on the other hand rely on faith.

So if you agree that love is real then why there should be a difference between physical-mental love and spiritual love?
Isn't love something able to penetrate the core of your consciousness in either situations?

QuoteBecause there are actual people I love, not an imaginary "Being-In-The-Sky"...

The good you feel within can not be imaginary.
The good feeling is something that people conquer through sacrifice.
Nothing fall from the sky as a miracle that is why what you got is real.
You may believe in miracle and that is fantasy that you create in your brain.
I do not.
As far as the good feeling penetrate your inner soul that is real regardless whether is physical, mental or spiritual.

"One time you talk and talk about so called theists fantasies about something that is void of evidence.
The next time you come down with statements which are 100% void of any evidence like the story that the consciousness is a product of the brain.  "Are you serious?

QuoteYes.  Jab a screwdriver in a brain and stir it around and see if the Creature functions.  QED.  [Note to any readers, I am NOT suggesting this]. 

You can well do the experiment with a car in which there is a driver inside and you would produce the same result.
As far as the car is smashed and the driver is stuck inside you will find that nothing will work anymore.
We are stuck inside a body until physical life is there that is why we feel the pain when the body in which we live in is sick.
That however has absolutely nothing to do with whether the consciousness is a product of the brain.
If you thing so then you should also believe that the driver is a product of the car.

I am not talking about low form of life such as plants and animals which are driven by mother nature or instinct.
There can not be devolution there but there is devolution and evolution in humans which is due to human free will.
This is well documented in thousand of NDEs and it make sense because without justice nothing would work.

QuoteGive any specific example...

There is plenty to read about the subject in the thousand of NDEs experiences.
Real people, real incidents, real death, real hospitals and real witnesses but you can also see in people who born with great skills which they could not learn from anyone considering their young age.
Obviously these people developed these skills in previous lives and as there is one way up (evolution) there is also a way down (devolution).

Anyone who believe that the consciousness is a product of the brain or that with the physical death is all over is also a faith-believer which means YOU are a faith believer as much as any religious person.

QuoteA very old and boring claim.  Faith-believers just LOVE to try to make factual people the same as them to get that argument about facts and evidence off the table.  It's a trick Trump tries daily.  It doesn't impress me.

As far as you come up with unproven claims as you do you go hand in hand with those people that you are so eager to criticize.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 14, 2019, 02:03:07 PM
Oh, and how do you know that?  Did someone die and go to heaven and then tell a story about what they saw?   :angel:

Yes, there are indeed Hydra.

Just take sometime to read these experiences from real people who came back to tell us.

https://www.nderf.org/Archives/exceptional.html
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 14, 2019, 02:03:17 PM
There's a big difference between "believing" something and accepting something as a "working hypothesis" until further evidence/information is available. To believe something is to fully accept that it is true, now and forever, whereas a working hypothesis can, and should, be altered by new knowledge.

You haven't yet brought us any new knowledge, only assertions that you cannot back up with evidence. Assertions that cannot be backed up with evidence are only as good as the paper they're written on, since counter-assertions can also be made, and there's no way to differentiate between the two to see which is actually true.

Excuse me mate but is not me that made those assertions which you are referring to.
You should ask the guy who did and ask him for evidence.
Why you take on me?

I can only answer about the assertions that I did made not about other people assertions.
If you are more specific and tell me what I did assert then I may answer to you.

Unbeliever

Just not worth the time, "mate."
God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

Also, there's this, that I read about 35 years ago:

THE ORIGIN OF CONSCIOUSNESS IN THE BREAK DOWN OF THE BICAMERAL MIND - PDF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgnMyF-o0sQ

Overview of Julian Jaynes's Theory

This is just one theory about consciousness, but it's a very interesting one.

God Not Found

Baruch

I think, bicameral mind, came about as an idea, because of schizophrenia.  The idea is that early man was naturally schizoid, and only later development (when art started?) did we achieve a single mind, rather than two minds in one head (as post-lobotomy).  Marvin Minskly, AI pioneer, says consciousness is the "consensus" of multiple sub-routines (personalities).

Owen Barfield is a name I did't know, but I did know his friends, C S Lewis and J R Tolkien.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Barfield

An anti-reductionist, Arik and I would probably fall into that category.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antireductionism

Karl Popper, wo I also knew, and admire ... was also anti-reductionist.  Thales and Pythagoras were the first Greek reductionists.  Though this also happened in India with the Charvaka.  Buddha however was an anti-reductionist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 17, 2019, 05:13:27 PM
Just not worth the time, "mate."

No problem brother.

The day will surely come when you will find plenty of time to dedicate to what you will judge as the most important thing in life.

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 17, 2019, 05:57:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6u0VBqNBQ8

Some interesting theories, some neutral and obvious and some that don't make any sense.

What I find absurd is the fact that the author doesn't distinguish between evolution in lower form of life which are driven mainly by survival and evolution in higher form of life such as in human life which is not necessary driven by survival.

Tomorrow I will see your next video.

Baruch

Maslow, just sayin' ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

Most of the world don't have First World problems.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on March 18, 2019, 01:00:12 PM
Maslow, just sayin' ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

Most of the world don't have First World problems.

Maslow had a lot of theories but in his later years he changed his mind to a certain degree because he understood that the desire to reach the infinite in humans is one of the most important desire if not the most important at all.

This goes hand in hand with yoga philosophy which say that humans will never be satisfied unless they reach the infinity and this is not possible to achieve in the material-physical arena where everything is of finite nature.

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 17, 2019, 06:00:54 PM
Also, there's this, that I read about 35 years ago:

THE ORIGIN OF CONSCIOUSNESS IN THE BREAK DOWN OF THE BICAMERAL MIND - PDF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgnMyF-o0sQ

Overview of Julian Jaynes's Theory

This is just one theory about consciousness, but it's a very interesting one.

Theories, theories and more theories.

At the end without any practice the consciousness does not move a single inch in her journey towards perfection.
What a waste!

It is like to study to learn the road rules in order to get a license but never actually drive a vehicle.
What's the point?

Intellectuals and materialists just don't get it.
Consciousness is there in order to grow in power and that need exercise as every other thing in life.
If you want to become a doctor you also need both the study and a lot of practice otherwise nothing is achieved.

Baruch

Some people only kvetch others only kibitz.  Like the old guys in the Sesame St balcony.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.