Author Topic: Fuck All Religions!  (Read 153 times)

Fuck All Religions!
« on: December 22, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yes, there is a war between science and religion

In the end, it’s irrational to decide what’s true in your daily life using empirical evidence, but then rely on wishful-thinking and ancient superstitions to judge the “truths” undergirding your faith. This leads to a mind (no matter how scientifically renowned) at war with itself, producing the cognitive dissonance that prompts accommodationism. If you decide to have good reasons for holding any beliefs, then you must choose between faith and reason. And as facts become increasingly important for the welfare of our species and our planet, people should see faith for what it is: not a virtue but a defect.

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Re: Fuck All Religions!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 10:59:25 AM »
Amen!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Offline Hijiri Byakuren

• ULC Minister, Honorary Doctor of Divinity
  • Jacuzzi Member
  • That's DOCTOR Hijiri, to you!
    • Sargon Lore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 12:34:17 PM »
Please don't fuck them, they might reproduce.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 12:38:59 PM »
While I agree to fuck all religious, I fuck the irreligious too.  It all depends on how pretty they are.

So Minimalist, what can you do to maintain your edginess?  Swallow fire or swords maybe?
𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎌𐎀𐎍𐎎𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀𐎟𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎁𐎀𐎍𐎉𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Online Munch

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 01:42:14 PM »
yep, fuck all forms of indoctrination, from religions to Marxism

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 01:48:19 PM »
Quote from: Allie Jackson
Why can’t I leave religion alone? Because it storms its way into my children’s schools, it weasels its way into my government and its followers demand I can’t do what I want with my body. Right now people are being tortured, beaten, raped and murdered in the name of religion. Is that reason enough?
"Theism tells men that they are slaves of a God. Atheism assures men that they are the investigators and users of nature."
E. Haldeman-Julius

Online Munch

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 02:35:41 PM »
Why can’t I leave religion alone? Because it storms its way into my children’s schools, it weasels its way into my government and its followers demand I can’t do what I want with my body. Right now people are being tortured, beaten, raped and murdered in the name of religion. Is that reason enough?

its true, thats what religion does. But so does most invasive political and social ideologies today.
We can't have a well balanced society when only one side wants to force its imprint on everyone.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 02:46:45 PM »
"...only one side"? Which side would that be? Seems to me that all sides want to force their imprint on everyone.
"Theism tells men that they are slaves of a God. Atheism assures men that they are the investigators and users of nature."
E. Haldeman-Julius

Online Munch

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »
"...only one side"? Which side would that be? Seems to me that all sides want to force their imprint on everyone.

I'm referring to any extreme ideology from their perspective being 'the one'. 

Offline Baruch

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 03:41:58 PM »
I'm referring to any extreme ideology from their perspective being 'the one'.

False messiahs, every one.  I promise you utopia, I bring you dystopia.
𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎌𐎀𐎍𐎎𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀𐎟𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎁𐎀𐎍𐎉𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk