'Boys Have Periods Too' to be Taught to UK 8 Year Olds

Started by pr126, December 20, 2018, 09:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2018, 12:06:00 AM
Humankind is a good compromise.  But mind you, in Spanish, Africans are still called "negro".  Why are Anglophones the only one's targeted?

"The word Negro was adopted from Spanish and Portuguese and first recorded from the mid 16th century. It remained the standard term throughout the 17thâ€"19th centuries and was used by prominent black American campaigners such as W. E. B. DuBois and Booker T. Washington in the early 20th century. Since the Black Power movement of the 1960s, however, when the term black was favoured as the term to express racial pride, Negro (together with related words such as Negress) has dropped out of favour and now seems out of date or even offensive in both British and US English"

All words have origins, and few are initially meant offensively.  They just are words that describe something.  In Spanish, negro just means black. 

I understand why.  We are used to brown people of African origin being called "black:.  But they aren't.  I worked in a store and had a customer from Sierra Leone come in.  HE was as black as the ace of spades in a card deck.  I was amazed.  I didn't know a person could be THAT black. 

I didn't have any problem serving his purchase of aquarium fish or anything; I just never saw a person so black.  I was actually pretty impressed.  Being into human evolution, my main thought was "Wow that guys people were my ancestors".  Cool...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

If White people were failures, living on reservations, the SJW would love us.

And I have seen the exception makes the rule ... a Native American who was actually red.  Most are not that ... stereotyped.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2018, 12:18:40 AM
If White people were failures, living on reservations, the SJW would love us.

And I have seen the exception makes the rule ... a Native American who was actually red.  Most are not that ... stereotyped.

Damn, I forgot what SJW meant for a few weeks.  A real red-skinned person?  Neat.  I love diversity.  Speaking of which, I've read that the blonde gene actually came from neanderthals.  How about that?  Blonde blue-eyed (they go together) neanderthals facing dark-skinned black curly-headed cro-magnons.  LOL!  I love it...

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on December 24, 2018, 10:18:58 PM
It is not a claim, it is an observation. Why is it incorrect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFCm-_K25M0
is regurgitating youtube videos all you are capable of?

Give me a synopsis in your own words.

Also. If it's just another video saying the same thing as the bogus article in the OP, I'm not going to repeat why it's incorrect. I already explained it. Go back a  few posts and read why, in case you missed it

Cavebear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 26, 2018, 12:38:42 AM
is regurgitating youtube videos all you are capable of?

Give me a synopsis in your own words.

Also. If it's just another video saying the same thing as the bogus article in the OP, I'm not going to repeat why it's incorrect. I already explained it. Go back a  few posts and read why, in case you missed it

Well said.  A link is good as support material, but when someone depends on links, they aren't thinking very much. 

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2018, 12:06:00 AM
Humankind is a good compromise.  But mind you, in Spanish, Africans are still called "negro".  Why are Anglophones the only one's targeted?
Because Anglophones are perceived as white. White Guilt.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on December 26, 2018, 01:36:13 AM
Because Anglophones are perceived as white. White Guilt.

I don't feel guilty about being "white".  That was merely an adaption to requiring more Vitamin D through skin exposure, as opposed to Africans who needed to protect themselves against too much. 

I think what you are trying to get at is culture and tech advancement. That has nothing to do with "race".  That was not really available to Africans (no good animals or plants to domesticate), while north of Africa had many.  All humans were/are equally smart, so location mattered. 

We re all the same species.  In fact all of us are more closely related to each other than some adjacent tribes of chimps are.

Poison Tree

If you'd care to read the actual report

Primarily it is about working with 'Red Box' to remove stigma around periods and increase student access to free menstrual products at school.

But, naturally, all the focus is on two bullet points:
QuoteLanguage and learning about periods is inclusive of all genders, cultures, faiths and sexual orientations. For example; ‘girls and women and others who have periods’.
[. . .]
Trans boys and men and non-binary people may have periods
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2018, 12:31:47 AM
Damn, I forgot what SJW meant for a few weeks.  A real red-skinned person?  Neat.  I love diversity.  Speaking of which, I've read that the blonde gene actually came from neanderthals.  How about that?  Blonde blue-eyed (they go together) neanderthals facing dark-skinned black curly-headed cro-magnons.  LOL!  I love it...

Diversity?  You love criminals, terrorists and other oppressed people?  Woke, man!

March hand in hand with activists necrophiliacs, bestiality fans etc.  Save all oppressed (and demented) subgroups.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Ah. See? can't even acknowledge my post because he doesn't know how to without just regurgitating another video or an article that is the equivalent of some racist college kid's blog

Baruch

In an era of democratic media, one can expect much quantity and low quality.  Yes, elite media, bring back William F Buckley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifXpxP1B4Ao

Burn the Sixties down.  This was filmed in 98, 30 years after the event.  Now we are 20 years after the review.  Christopher's brother is the smarter one.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 27, 2018, 01:10:11 AM
Ah. See? can't even acknowledge my post because he doesn't know how to without just regurgitating another video or an article that is the equivalent of some racist college kid's blog

Do you notice that you tend to never make a SPECIFIC reference to the person you are chastizing in your posts?   I've mentioned that before.  STOP DOING THAT!  We are not mind-readers.  Say who you are responding to by quote or refeference...

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Cavebear on December 29, 2018, 10:16:05 AM
Do you notice that you tend to never make a SPECIFIC reference to the person you are chastizing in your posts?   I've mentioned that before.  STOP DOING THAT!  We are not mind-readers.  Say who you are responding to by quote or refeference...
Its not obvious that I was referring to pr?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cavebear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 29, 2018, 10:25:20 AM

No, and that's the point.  Just say the names or use the quotes.  Don't make us guess...    That's all I ask.

If you were in charge of a bunch of overactive children (not unlike this place), and one acted up, would you just shout "YOUR IN BIG TROUBLE"? and not give a hint about "who"?  Of course not. 

So don't do that here.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 29, 2018, 10:25:20 AM

It's very obvious. Cavebear is just... special.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel