What Do You Do When The Cops ARE the Robbers?

Started by Minimalist, December 19, 2018, 12:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 22, 2018, 06:20:54 AM
All cops bad!

All people bad.  Start to ameliorate, by looking in the mirror.  Oh, is that in the NT?  Yes!

On the other hand, if you support the Justice system, you support the Upper Class.  Which is nice, if you can afford it.

Mismanaged elitism leads to heads on pitchforks.  And the French guards at Versailles couldn't even stop the fishwives.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Sweeping generalizations, not just for Trump.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 22, 2018, 06:36:26 AM
Sweeping generalizations, not just for Trump.

History is a sweeping generalization.  Mismanagement leads to disaster ... abuse leads to hostility.  Or is that too general?

So if Trump (who is like the only person in the entire Federal government) mismanages or abuses ... then Biblical-like disaster follows?  That lets all the rest of the government off the hook (or off the guillotine).  This is a monarchial vision, as if King Louis was the only one responsible for the French Revolution.  I would say, he was definitely involved, but hardly the only one.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 22, 2018, 10:34:35 AM
Tell that to Frank Serpico.

There are bad people in every job description, even President of the US (see LBJ).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 22, 2018, 12:54:55 PM
There are bad people in every job description, even President of the US (see LBJ).
No, no, no. All ______ are bad!
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 22, 2018, 02:40:15 PM
Anecdotal.

Careful what you say or do in a bank, or a Starbucks.  No legitimate depositor would be refused service.  But in general ... you can't get banking service (cash a check) unless you are a depositor, for example.  If you aren't a depositor, then that is what pay-day loan sharks are for.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 22, 2018, 06:20:54 AM
All cops bad!

Of course not, don't be an idiot!  Most cops are dedicated to preserving the peace.  Just as cops mostly tend to see the criminals in daily life, the rest of us only see the cops when things go wrong. 

Yes, without any doubt, there are bad cops, there are cops you react badly, and there are cops who make bad judgements they never would normally make.  We all do. 

And on the other side, I get outraged when some cops assume any non-white person is a druggie or has a gun.  Every time an innocent person is shot because they are holding a cell phone, I get livid in anger.  And when people get shot in the back "while attacking" I scream in my head.

We have to change our police culture. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Arrest all the White people first, for all their White collar crime, that we don't think is criminal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 25, 2018, 11:51:13 PM
Arrest all the White people first, for all their White collar crime, that we don't think is criminal.

Sounds good to me.  Stealing millions of retirement dollars from widows and orphans is worse than popping a crack at home any day in my book!  Hang the white-collar thieves, let the addicts loose (with help, of course).

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2018, 02:10:35 AM
Sounds good to me.  Stealing millions of retirement dollars from widows and orphans is worse than popping a crack at home any day in my book!  Hang the white-collar thieves, let the addicts loose (with help, of course).

See, we actually agree on some things ... bwahah.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2018, 02:31:04 AM
See, we actually agree on some things ... bwahah.

I pretty much had you beat you into agreeing...  The amazing thing is that you didn't find some dumb argument in disagreement just for the sake of disagreeing.

But you agreed, and I thank you for doing so.