What Do You Do When The Cops ARE the Robbers?

Started by Minimalist, December 19, 2018, 12:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimalist

https://www.koco.com/article/music-producer-claims-racial-profiling-by-metro-deputy/25615834

This shit happens all the time in 'Murrica.  The fucking cops are out of control.  This guy is lucky they didn't just shoot him.

QuoteOKLAHOMA CITY â€"

Harvey Miller is known in the music industry as DJ Speedy.

Miller was driving Thursday morning from his home in Atlanta to his home in Los Angeles when an Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office deputy pulled him over on Interstate 40 near Interstate 44. According to court documents, he was stopped for not putting on his turn signal a full 100 feet before he changed lanes.

"I was racially profiled. Plain as day. No way around it," Miller said. "He went in with the questions of, 'Where are you going? What's in your car?'"

QuoteDeputies found more than $149,000 in cash and claimed the vehicle smelled like marijuana, court documents stated. Miller told the deputies the money they found was collected for his work as a music producer.

Miller was arrested on complaints of possession of drug proceeds and possession of a forged counterfeit note after a fake $20 bill was found. He released after 12 hours in jail, and Miller now wants his money back and his clean record restored.

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Totally legal now.  $4.5 billion per year are raked in by police departments.  Greater take per year than all burglaries combined.

Suggestion ... never carry much cash on you.  Use a cashiers check already made out.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

First off I agree with you that a lot of things can go wrong when you carry cash.

However, having it stolen by law-enforcement thugs should not be one of them.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

Yeah, this reminds me of those cops in Baltimore who were ripping people off left and right.

Cops have been stealing for centuries, and they've been getting away with it. It's time we put a stop to that shit.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Minimalist

-- H. L. Mencken

_Xenu_

While I'm not normally a big firearms guy, this kind of thing really makes me thing the citizenry should be arming itself. If the government is too corrupt to put a stop to this, then maybe the fear of bullets will. I personally refuse to carry much cash because I'm afraid of being robbed by the police in the name of a failed drug war.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: _Xenu_ on December 19, 2018, 03:04:20 PM
While I'm not normally a big firearms guy, this kind of thing really makes me thing the citizenry should be arming itself. If the government is too corrupt to put a stop to this, then maybe the fear of bullets will. I personally refuse to carry much cash because I'm afraid of being robbed by the police in the name of a failed drug war.
Brilliant. Give the cops a GOOD reason to shoot you. I'll send flowers.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Minimalist

They don't need a good reason.  For minorities a broken tail light seems sufficient.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

Hell, they don't even need a broken tail light, they just make shit up, lying about a stop sign that they didn't stop for, or they didn't signal a turn in time, or some other crap.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 19, 2018, 01:15:34 PM
First off I agree with you that a lot of things can go wrong when you carry cash.

However, having it stolen by law-enforcement thugs should not be one of them.

Eminent domain.  All your past, present and future stuff belongs to the government ... they're merely reclaiming what is already theirs.  This will also include your girlfriend, boyfriend and family members.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

The whole police/citizen relationship has gone totally out of control.  Criminals are too well-armed, but the police have gone into "kill first and let the courts decide later" mode.  Innocent people get killed for no reason, but the police feel they have little choice.  It is all wrong.

We need fewer guns.  The obvious solution is to stop manufacturing them.  Second is to collect the guns that aren't needed for hunting (which I support in general).  I know idea of disarming the nation is not popular among some groups, but we have reached a situation where it has to be considered. 

I've been a deer-hunter.  If you can't get one in the East with a shotgun slug, you don't deserve to.  They are fine to 50 yards.  So is a hunting bow or crossbow.  In areas where deer are in more open territority like the West, fine, have a single shot rifle.

What you don't need is an AK-47 or a pistol.  And if you need a multi-round semi-auto, you need to improve your skills not your armament.

And if your joy is banging out machine gun fire, do it in a place dedicated to the "sport" where you rent the armaments instead of owning them.  But consider just buying a CD of all the noise.  And I'll bet that someone will sell you a machine gun simulator with all the shoulder-slamming you want...

I'm tired of the police killing unarmed people.  But maybe the best way to reduce that would be if they didn't have to worry that every person they met was armed.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

On any given day Americans have ~1/110,000,000 chance of being killed by a police officer. That's for any reason.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 21, 2018, 08:28:33 AM
On any given day Americans have ~1/110,000,000 chance of being killed by a police officer. That's for any reason.

The source of that claim would be good.  But that's about the same as most lottery games, and people think it will happen.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on December 21, 2018, 08:45:12 AM
The source of that claim would be good.  But that's about the same as most lottery games, and people think it will happen.

And they're almost always wrong.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 21, 2018, 08:48:20 AM
And they're almost always wrong.

I save money everyday that I don't play the lotteries.  Lotteries are for people who are bad at math.  Sure, some rare people win big and I sure envy them.  But most people lose and I resent having to pay for their food stamps.  I don't say that lightly.  The biggest lottery players are also the most poverty-stricken and my taxes are supporting them.  And mostly it is a false hope for them.  That's cruel.