What Do You Do When The Cops ARE the Robbers?

Started by Minimalist, December 19, 2018, 12:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on December 29, 2018, 11:56:23 AM
That's the person I want to be my local cop.  And THAT is the kind of person everyone should see as a Cop...

We all want Sheriff Andy, but we usually end up with Barney Fife.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on December 29, 2018, 12:45:07 PM
Really messed up veterans go to work for Blackwater, which is Hillary's private army.

You don't know what you're talking about. But do you ever?
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 29, 2018, 01:14:39 PM
God gave us the ignore function for a reason.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Minimalist

Quote from: Baruch on December 29, 2018, 12:24:12 AM
You won't admit that Black police aren't Black any longer? 

Depends on who is looking at them.

QuoteFor the police, we are all Black.

How many stories of disparate treatment would you like to see? 

How about a personal one?  Not too long ago while stopped at a light a cop pulled along side, honked his horn and rolled down his window.  When I rolled mine down he said, cheerfully, "you know, both of your brake lights are out?  The top bar is okay but the actual brake lights are both out."  I thanked him and stopped at a auto parts store on the way home to buy two new bulbs.

All of this was accomplished without him drawing his gun even once.  How do you suppose that would have gone down in Georgia or Mississippi if I had been black?
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 29, 2018, 01:15:19 PM
I've never used it - don't even know how.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 29, 2018, 01:14:39 PM

There was a big increase in the use of Blackwater (and aliases), by the State Department ... when Hillary was Secretary.  Their use continues to increase, even the thought at the lost war in Afghanistan can be "profitably" turned over to them (profitable for who?).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 29, 2018, 01:15:19 PM

Ignore is OK, just don't go Ignorant ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 29, 2018, 03:23:48 PM

Depends on who is looking at them.

How many stories of disparate treatment would you like to see? 

How about a personal one?  Not too long ago while stopped at a light a cop pulled along side, honked his horn and rolled down his window.  When I rolled mine down he said, cheerfully, "you know, both of your brake lights are out?  The top bar is okay but the actual brake lights are both out."  I thanked him and stopped at a auto parts store on the way home to buy two new bulbs.

All of this was accomplished without him drawing his gun even once.  How do you suppose that would have gone down in Georgia or Mississippi if I had been black?

It is more or less legal.  If two cars are caught on radar speeding, and they only stop one, and give that driver a ticket, then the one stopped, can't claim discrimination because not all speeders were caught simultaneously.  Life is unfair.  You aren't a NBA all star?  Boohoohoo.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

Its not legal if they let one infraction go because the driver is white and shoot the other driver dead because he is black.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Gawdzilla Sama

I sometimes wonder why there are any black people at all, given the situation some people claim is extant.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 29, 2018, 12:45:07 PM
Yeah, I bet you were every advert executive's nightmare ;-)

Right now we recruit cops from semi-messed up veterans.  That can't be optimum, I can give you that.  Part of my point earlier being, you do have to pass a certification test to become a cop in most jurisdiction (and in others you have to graduate from a cop academy).  Really messed up veterans go to work for Blackwater, which is Hillary's private army.

"Yeah, I bet you were every advert executive's nightmare ;-)" 

Yes.  And to this day.  I find the flawed argument in every commercial,  Ask me about one.

I will not say that every security comapny agenct is 100% full of nuts, but I bet they choose the ones who are.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 29, 2018, 05:39:06 PM
Its not legal if they let one infraction go because the driver is white and shoot the other driver dead because he is black.

And Alex Jones is a shape shifting reptilian?  If you think that is the norm, then you have your own problem.  I think any cop is really dangerous.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 29, 2018, 05:59:53 PM

"Yeah, I bet you were every advert executive's nightmare ;-)" 

Yes.  And to this day.  I find the flawed argument in every commercial,  Ask me about one.

I will not say that every security comapny agenct is 100% full of nuts, but I bet they choose the ones who are.

So you haven't been brainwashed into buying women's hygiene products you have no use for?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.