What Do You Do When The Cops ARE the Robbers?

Started by Minimalist, December 19, 2018, 12:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2018, 02:34:52 AM
I pretty much had you beat you into agreeing...  The amazing thing is that you didn't find some dumb argument in disagreement just for the sake of disagreeing.

But you agreed, and I thank you for doing so.

There are times when the agreement is so marginal ... that margarine is called for ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2018, 02:37:12 AM
There are times when the agreement is so marginal ... that margarine is called for ...

Don't try to butter me up...  I'll go all olive oil on you.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on December 25, 2018, 09:15:50 PM
Of course not, don't be an idiot!  Most cops are dedicated to preserving the peace.  Just as cops mostly tend to see the criminals in daily life, the rest of us only see the cops when things go wrong. 

Yes, without any doubt, there are bad cops, there are cops you react badly, and there are cops who make bad judgements they never would normally make.  We all do. 

And on the other side, I get outraged when some cops assume any non-white person is a druggie or has a gun.  Every time an innocent person is shot because they are holding a cell phone, I get livid in anger.  And when people get shot in the back "while attacking" I scream in my head.

We have to change our police culture. 
You aren't in tune with the internet, where every cop is a killer or an enabler.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 26, 2018, 07:46:47 AM
You aren't in tune with the internet, where every cop is a killer or an enabler.

Blue Lives Matter?  I should hope so.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

QuoteJust as cops mostly tend to see the criminals in daily life, the rest of us only see the cops when things go wrong.

Much like pervert priests, far too many cops will lie for their comrades who cross the line.  I do not consider them good cops.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 27, 2018, 01:13:27 AM

Much like pervert priests, far too many cops will lie for their comrades who cross the line.  I do not consider them good cops.

Tribalism is pretty universal.  Each tribe should have a different color bone thru their noses ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Minimalist on December 27, 2018, 01:13:27 AM

Got any hard numbers for "far too many"?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 27, 2018, 11:44:02 AM

If is official policy to do Capital Seizure.  It isn't illegal for a cop to do it, he is encouraged to do so.  So he isn't bad doing it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 27, 2018, 01:01:18 PM
If is official policy to do Capital Seizure.  It isn't illegal for a cop to do it, he is encouraged to do so.  So he isn't bad doing it.
Is that you, Deepak?
PZ Myers

Minimalist

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 27, 2018, 11:44:02 AM

In Chicago one cop emptied his clip at Laquann MacDonald after he allegedly "lunged" at him with a knife.  The other nine fuckers who were there did not fire at all but all swore to Internal Affairs that MacDonald had in fact "lunged."  When the video came out showing MacDonald staggering AWAY from the cops 7 of the 9 were fired and the other two retired immediately.  So, I put the number at 90%.  I suspect that if there had been more cops around the number of liars would have been higher but WTF.  I'll settle for 90% liars and 10% racist murderers.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Minimalist on December 27, 2018, 03:13:34 PM
In Chicago one cop emptied his clip at Laquann MacDonald after he allegedly "lunged" at him with a knife.  The other nine fuckers who were there did not fire at all but all swore to Internal Affairs that MacDonald had in fact "lunged."  When the video came out showing MacDonald staggering AWAY from the cops 7 of the 9 were fired and the other two retired immediately.  So, I put the number at 90%.  I suspect that if there had been more cops around the number of liars would have been higher but WTF.  I'll settle for 90% liars and 10% racist murderers.
You need some valium. Five pounds, I think, will do the trick.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 27, 2018, 01:31:49 PM
Is that you, Deepak?

It is the law, has been for several years.  That and the SCOTUS supported a stronger eminent domain.  The cops can take all your stuff, any time they like.  You are discouraged from resisting.  And if you disagree, you can go down to the police station and file a complaint.  Never travel anywhere with a large amount of cash.  Cashiers checks only.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_forfeiture_in_the_United_States

And yes, it IS due process.  You are a citizen, you did or didn't vote.  That means you agree to anything the government decides to do about you.

In the post to the new guy, I manifested thru YouTube all Three Jewels of Buddhism (triratna).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 27, 2018, 03:13:34 PM

Multiple eye witnesses often disagree, in most cases.  So I can't say what really happened, even if I was standing there.  I do have my suspicions however.  Be very careful around cops.  These are Iraq war PTSD victims looking to just kill something.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

But they didn't disagree.  They all agreed with the one guy who blasted away.  If they were so fucking scared why weren't they shooting?

That the video tape showed they were all full of shit is the only reason they are not still on the force.... doubtless killing other minorities whenever the fuck they feel like it.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 27, 2018, 07:29:03 PM
But they didn't disagree.  They all agreed with the one guy who blasted away.  If they were so fucking scared why weren't they shooting?

That the video tape showed they were all full of shit is the only reason they are not still on the force.... doubtless killing other minorities whenever the fuck they feel like it.

Black cops kill civilians too.  If you aren't in a uniform, you are a suspect.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.