Damned Catholics - The Gift That Keeps On Giving!

Started by Minimalist, December 19, 2018, 12:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

QuoteDr Marshall explains the reasons why Pope Benedict XVI resigned in 2013 by showing a four stage scandal beginning with Archbishop Vigano blowing the whistle on the Vatican Bank in 2009-2010 and how it escalated into Benedict's resignation in 2013. It also explains the election of Pope Francis and frames the recent testimony of Vigano against Pope Francis on August 26 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q2HSJ6cbMY
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Vatican and politicians never learn, the coverup is worse than the original sin ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

I don't know.  In this case the original sin is pretty fucking bad.  And they no longer seem able to keep the coverup going.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

This didn't just begin a few decades ago, but many centuries. It has become ingrained in their culture, with them thinking they were immune to suspicion or consequences. Does anyone really think they believe in a God that was watching their vile activity the whole time they were doing it?

I don't.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

QuoteA court-ordered suppression order has been lifted, revealing Cardinal George Pell was found guilty of five historical sex abuse charges last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQWQM4dlaw

They had to wait until now to be able to report on this. Too bad there isn't really a hell for people like this to burn in.

I hope this is a trend.
God Not Found

Baruch

Hell is real, and since we are all imperfect, we are all going there.  See ... I don't believe in redemption/forgiveness.  Otherwise damnation is useless.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Minimalist on January 23, 2019, 03:38:14 PM
Hmmm...  I wonder CB.  Don't you think that if you take a group of people and tell them that "god" thinks they are very special that it doesn't go to their heads?  Throughout history priests have always considered themselves special.

That is certainly true.  Next to surgeons, no one is more full of themselves than priests.  On the other hand, no group of people show less true understanding of reality.  If it were up to me, I would forbid any priest coming with 500' of a child or a school.  They are just too sexually warped.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 23, 2019, 05:37:11 PM
This didn't just begin a few decades ago, but many centuries. It has become ingrained in their culture, with them thinking they were immune to suspicion or consequences. Does anyone really think they believe in a God that was watching their vile activity the whole time they were doing it?

I don't.

One could rationally consider that priestly perversions are a direct consequence of the "celibate" life demanded of them.  Entirely unnatural lives result in entirely unnatural responses.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 25, 2019, 08:19:53 PM

They had to wait until now to be able to report on this. Too bad there isn't really a hell for people like this to burn in.

I hope this is a trend.

I wouldn't wish eternal hell on anyone.  That doesn't mean I haven't considered the idea.  Just that I decided against it.  A couple years maybe.    Possible even a few seconds.

Baruch

I agree on un-natural celibacy as warping.  But your language sounded parallel to rhetoric against gays.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2019, 06:37:17 AM
I agree on un-natural celibacy as warping.  But your language sounded parallel to rhetoric against gays.

You would think that.  And I mean "you".  You always miss the point.

Minimalist

QuoteNext to surgeons, no one is more full of themselves than priests.

You reminded me of a joke, C/B.

QuoteA doctor dies and gets to the gates of heaven only to find himself on a long line.  He demands to jump to the head of the line only to be turned back by St. Peter who tells him to be quiet and wait his turn.  A few moments later someone in a white coat carrying a doctor's bag scurries past the line and St. Peter opens the gates for him.  Our doctor protests but St. Peter explains,  “that’s God,” St. Peter explains. “He just thinks he’s a doctor.”
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Jonathan

If I may butt in, Catholics do not represent true Christianity. They have warped the truth until it’s unrecognizable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jonathan on April 02, 2019, 11:07:14 PM
If I may butt in, Catholics do not represent true Christianity. They have warped the truth until it’s unrecognizable.

Your religion is simply a fiction.  That includes your god and all his different forms, such as jesus.  But, as usual for a theist, you are wrong.  The catholics were the 'first' christians.  And their form of fiction is just as valid as your fiction.  The 'truth'???  What a laugh...................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Jonathan

Act 11:26  And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.  (This was many years before Catholicism