Damned Catholics - The Gift That Keeps On Giving!

Started by Minimalist, December 19, 2018, 12:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jonathan on April 05, 2019, 08:59:38 PM
It’s God the Father, Jesus Christ his only begotten Son, and the Holy Ghost. When God went down to talk with Abraham, it was three that visited. Psa 2:7  I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:8  Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance,”.   This was God the Father speaking to Jesus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, he is a troll. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Jonathan on April 05, 2019, 08:59:38 PM
It’s God the Father, Jesus Christ his only begotten Son, and the Holy Ghost. When God went down to talk with Abraham, it was three that visited. Psa 2:7  I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:8  Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance,”.   This was God the Father speaking to Jesus

That psalm has to do with a coronation of a Jewish king of Judea, not Jesus over the Earth, let alone the Universe.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jonathan

That Psalm is prophetic.

Jonathan

Baruch, who is God speaking of in this scripture;  Isa. 53 ?

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Jonathan

The part you have wrong is, the sin will be forgiven, and forgotten.

Unbeliever

Right...but someone like, say, the Dalai Lama will burn in hell for eternity because he didn't believe that Jesus is God?

God Not Found

Jonathan

True;    Act 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Unbeliever

So, Jonathan, you're a true believer?

Quote from: 17-18
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

So, how many devils have you cast out? How many "new tongues" can you speak? How often do you play with deadly snakes? How many sick people have you cured just by putting your hands on them? How often do you drink poison?

God Not Found

aitm

Quote from: Jonathan on April 04, 2019, 07:19:57 PM
God is going to wipe out the bad guys.

right.....always take him 3 tries. Lets alot of his followers get killed and thinks that somehow strengthens his relationship. No wonder the Jews were so bad at being good.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Were the Jews bad at being good, or good at being bad?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Jonathan on April 06, 2019, 10:34:17 AM
Baruch, who is God speaking of in this scripture;  Isa. 53 ?

That is a classic.  Orthodox Jewish folks don't quote it?  But they do ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_53
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Jonathan on April 06, 2019, 10:31:47 AM
That Psalm is prophetic.

Yes, a Jewish prophecy about a Jewish king ... not necessarily a messiah.  The general view in Judaism, is that all messiahs are false.  Because if there was one, history would end, and it hasn't.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Jonathan on April 06, 2019, 04:05:47 PM
True;    Act 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

What does "name" mean?  "Name" is a synonym for power, in this case of the Holy Spirit aka Ruach HaKodesh ... the breath of G-d (as in the apocryphal description of how the Virgin Mary got pregnant).  In that apocrypha, the archangel Gabriel, blew the borrowed breath of G-d into Mary's ear.  The apocrypha writers didn't want to get all icky about sex, like the pagans did with Zeus' escapades.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.