Damned Catholics - The Gift That Keeps On Giving!

Started by Minimalist, December 19, 2018, 12:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jonathan on April 04, 2019, 06:54:19 PM
So, explain to me what truth is, and where it came from? Why is murder wrong, or is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truth is something that can be backed up with evidence and facts.  And murder is determined by the society in which one lives; society dictates what that societies' moral code is and what it is not.  Your fictional god has little to do with it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Jonathan on April 04, 2019, 08:05:38 PM
So, if your son committed murder, you should be held accountable?

Since most humans flunk math, most aren't held a-ccountable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Jonathan on April 04, 2019, 08:07:45 PM
So, do you believe in evolution?

Everyone here accepts the obvious about evolution.  Please, don't say you are a Young Earth supporter!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jonathan on April 04, 2019, 08:04:00 PM
God is One composed of three- Father Son and Holy Ghost

You do spout some weird shit, don't you?! 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Jonathan on April 04, 2019, 08:04:00 PM
God is One composed of three- Father Son and Holy Ghost

Yep, that's Christian mathematics - 1+1+1=1

;-D

I call them Big Daddy, Junior and the Spook. Where's my lightning bolt?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Jonathan

Many people believe that God is a single Deity, Jews, Apostolic, and maybe others, but when God spoke concerning the creation of man, He said â€" Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 04, 2019, 08:18:02 PM

Yep, that's Christian mathematics - 1+1+1=1

;-D

I call them Big Daddy, Junior and the Spook. Where's my lightning bolt?

The Trinity was defeated by those damn kids in their van and the stupid dog ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Jonathan on April 05, 2019, 01:19:04 AM
Many people believe that God is a single Deity, Jews, Apostolic, and maybe others, but when God spoke concerning the creation of man, He said â€" Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

The royal "we".  The Queen of England also speaks in plural.  Actually real exegesis is fun and interesting, but don't take it too seriously.  The Jews who wrote the Bible were drunk at the time.

×'ְּצַלְמֵנוּ aka In Our Image

Remembering to read right to left, Bet = preposition meaning "in"  Tzade+Lamed+Mem = noun meaning "image"  Nun+Waw = possessive pronoun meaning "our".

But in the very next verse ... "So God created man in his own image ..."
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Many people believe that God is a single Deity, Jews, Apostolic, and maybe others, but when God spoke concerning the creation of man, He said â€" Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
Well, which is it?!  Kinda important to nail that down before asking people to dedicate their lives to this guy(s), don'tcha think?

Mike Cl

Understand, Genesis is not something written by god.  Your fictional god has not produced a single printed word.  Genesis was written by at least one human--not god.  Just as your god is fictional, the bible is a collection of fictions banded together and called 'the bible'--or the book.  In your example, your fictional god said "Let us make man"  Who is the 'us'?  According to the first chapter of genesis, god created man and woman simultaneously and pronounced them good.  Yet in the second chapter, god creates only adam (man) and when a flaw in adam makes itself apparent (your fictional god cannot create even one creature perfect) known--he is lonely--god then creates eve, from adam.  What a fuckup your god is!!!!

Minimalist

This guy is a troll.  No one could be that stupid.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

Quote from: Minimalist on April 05, 2019, 11:27:07 AM
This guy is a troll.  No one could be that stupid.

Never underestimate the stupidity of Christians. They like being stupid, because their book tells them that stupid is better.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 05, 2019, 01:15:10 PM
Never underestimate the stupidity of Christians. They like being stupid, because their book tells them that stupid is better.

The smart people in ancient times were purged by the periodic peasant uprisings.  Kind of like Pol Pot and the Killing Fields.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jonathan

It’s God the Father, Jesus Christ his only begotten Son, and the Holy Ghost. When God went down to talk with Abraham, it was three that visited. Psa 2:7  I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:8  Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance,”.   This was God the Father speaking to Jesus