The chance of being rich if your father is not rich...

Started by SoldierofFortune, December 19, 2018, 12:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 21, 2018, 07:28:14 AM
Not sure about Pence.  But I bet Melania did...

People have been bailing massively the last few months.  I didn't realize that millions of people were Trump relatives.

For me, I am staying in, going over Niagra Falls in a barrel.  See you at the botto.....om!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 21, 2018, 01:00:25 PM
People have been bailing massively the last few months.  I didn't realize that millions of people were Trump relatives.

For me, I am staying in, going over Niagra Falls in a barrel.  See you at the botto.....om!

Make sure all the barrel nails point in, LOL!

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 21, 2018, 02:07:14 PM
Are we tired of winning yet?

If Trump depended on winning to keep breathing, he would be the Blue Orange Guy...  LOL!

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 21, 2018, 02:07:14 PM
Are we tired of winning yet?

Elections ... half win, half lose.  Just stop paying attention to the carnival barker.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 21, 2018, 02:09:16 PM
Make sure all the barrel nails point in, LOL!

If you are referring to the Carthaginian execution of Roman general Marcus Atilius Regulus ... then I am impressed.  Otherwise, how do you know I am not a masochist or acupuncturist?  But I do think you are a sadist perhaps?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

QuoteCapitalists are fudging the numbers about global prosperity, the US economy is getting wrecked by capitalism, and liberals bargain with fascists to suppress the working class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zDpMo-yE2A
God Not Found

Baruch

You can't get more poor than penniless.  All Americans are penniless, because Americans use a cent, misnamed a penny.  Only the British use a penny (though she isn't what she used to be).

Financial scams are ... scams.  A great many are legal, only a few are sanctioned by law, let alone in actual practice.  White collar crime is ... the true White privilege (not skin color, but class).

It was of temporary advantage, while the Soviet Union threatened, to seem like in common cause with the common man.  But communism never ended, it s timeless.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Communism never began, only a tyranny that was called communism.
God Not Found

Shiranu

QuoteGuess who got out of the stock market before Trump started ruining the economy?

Smart choice. My mom left her retirement in stocks, and over the last week alone has lost about $2000.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GSOgymrat

Http://www-ibtimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.ibtimes.com/trump-economy-how-much-has-stock-market-gone-under-president-2735369?amp=1

... Linking the stock market to White House economic policy may prompt the question: How has the stock market performed under the president? A look at the numbers reveals modest gains.

On Jan. 20, 2017, the day Trump took office, the S&P 500 closed at 2,271.31. The index most recently closed at 2,632.56, a gain of 14.73 percent.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average saw a slightly stronger gain, closing at 19,795.06 on Jan. 20, 2017, and closed this week (11/24/18) at 24,285.95, a gain of 20.38 percent.

The Nasdaq has seen the sharpest gain. It closed at 5,555.33 on Jan. 20, 2017, and is now at 6,938.98, a gain of 22.14 percent.

But how the market performs during an administration is not really something a president should discuss. As economist Jason Furman noted in a February report in Politico, presidents "have a limited and very indirect effect on stock markets and even on the economy more broadly."

"Using day-to-day stock market movements as a proxy for expressing this confidence is ... a financial, economic and likely political mistake," Furman wrote.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 24, 2018, 01:15:35 PM
Communism never began, only a tyranny that was called communism.

Name it what you like.  Tyranny is real, and is done by ... everyone.  It is a matter of degree.  Real zero tolerance requires the extermination of the human race .. which is rather ironic, if you think about it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on December 24, 2018, 01:27:14 PM
Smart choice. My mom left her retirement in stocks, and over the last week alone has lost about $2000.

Diversify (if you have any assets)
Change it as necessary (which means, don't stay pat over decades)
One of the saddest retirement stories, is that of loyal employees dumping all their savings into company stock, and riding it down until final insolvency.

So is this a vast Trump conspiracy against your mother?  Or is it the Resistance who wants to end civilization while Trump is in office?  Or perhaps Putin and Xi have super powers?  aka Commie Avengers?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 21, 2018, 07:56:55 PM
If you are referring to the Carthaginian execution of Roman general Marcus Atilius Regulus ... then I am impressed.  Otherwise, how do you know I am not a masochist or acupuncturist?  But I do think you are a sadist perhaps?

Actually, I was referring to the Brothers Grimm stories.  That was a favorite way of dispatching people, apparently...  Which (protecting my innocent self) I always assumed was allegorical.  The real ways were much crueler and one's I wouldn't wish on ANYONE!