How Else Would A Nut Be Expected to Act?

Started by Minimalist, December 18, 2018, 05:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimalist

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/12/west-wing-braces-for-christmas-madness-more-departures-and-mueller

Quote“The Staff Is Fed Up He’s Acting Like a Nut”: Trump’s West Wing Braces for Christmas Madness, More Departuresâ€"And Mueller

QuoteDonald Trump plans to head to Mar-a-Lago for a 16-day Christmas vacation starting Fridayâ€"and West Wing officials, remembering previous sojourns, are on edge at the prospect of the president spending two weeks unsupervised. As the Robert Mueller loop tightens around the president, his erratic behavior is causing alarm among his most senior staff. “The staff is fed up he’s acting like a nut. They can’t get him to stop tweeting,” a former official said.

I hope he has a stroke!
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

Nah, that's too easy on him. I want him to be eaten alive by an anaconda.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

Yeah, the poor dear thing might get a tummy ache, huh?
God Not Found

Baruch

Don't ask for whom the bell tolls, ding-dong ;-(

Will you still laugh your nihilist laugh, when 1 million die, when 10 million die?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

One hundred billion people have lived - and died - since the advent of humanity. That's neither to be laughed at nor cried over.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 18, 2018, 07:53:49 PM
One hundred billion people have lived - and died - since the advent of humanity. That's neither to be laughed at nor cried over.

But it is a good beginning.  You can't kill more people, unless they are born first.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Minimalist on December 18, 2018, 05:29:50 PM
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/12/west-wing-braces-for-christmas-madness-more-departures-and-mueller

I hope he has a stroke!
How could we possibly tell?

In any case, I want something more to the point, and it's precisely the same thing I want for Dubya: I want them to have one clear, shining moment of satori wherein they realize just how awful they've been â€" and that there's really nothing they can do to make up for it now, they're going to be judged harshly by history, and that all they can do now is go into their respective twilights knowing that future generations will revile their memories.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Minimalist

QuoteHow could we possibly tell?

If he's laying on the ground twitching that would be a positive sign.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 19, 2018, 12:18:39 AM

If he's laying on the ground twitching that would be a positive sign.

Ah yes, the Zyklon B treatment.  In the EU, y'all would be arrested for hate speech.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 18, 2018, 05:35:34 PM
Nah, that's too easy on him. I want him to be eaten alive by an anaconda.
Feet first.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 18, 2018, 07:53:49 PM
Good thing most of them are dead, we'd be up to our necks in the water around Zanzibar by now.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on December 18, 2018, 10:42:50 PM
How could we possibly tell?

In any case, I want something more to the point, and it's precisely the same thing I want for Dubya: I want them to have one clear, shining moment of satori wherein they realize just how awful they've been â€" and that there's really nothing they can do to make up for it now, they're going to be judged harshly by history, and that all they can do now is go into their respective twilights knowing that future generations will revile their memories.
I'd settle for either one of them ending their days in prison after a looong stay with their cell mate Bubba.
God Not Found

Minimalist

Quote from: Baruch on December 19, 2018, 02:54:56 AM
Ah yes, the Zyklon B treatment.  In the EU, y'all would be arrested for hate speech.

I said a stroke.  That's hardly poison gas.  Although the motherfucker wants us all to breathe poisoned air from his energy company asshole buddies so maybe you are on to something there.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 19, 2018, 02:02:47 PM

I said a stroke.  That's hardly poison gas.  Although the motherfucker wants us all to breathe poisoned air from his energy company asshole buddies so maybe you are on to something there.

You can always turn in your car, and start walking.  Forrest Gump much?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.