It goes the same as how you begin the new year.

Started by SoldierofFortune, December 29, 2018, 07:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 05, 2019, 11:00:14 AM
Investment or speculation ... yes, don't do gold.  Insurance isn't either of those.  Gold is insurance against society collapse.  What are the odds of that?  Higher than I would like.  The US economy can end this year, surprised it didn't end in 2009.

Reading this post, "in for a dime, in for a dollar" I suppose. 

You STILL said "Gold is insurance against society collapse."  Why?  Who wants gold when the question is food?  As in ancient societies, gold is only valued after you are not starving to death and can afford some decorations.  So in what way can you say that gold is useful after a modern societal collapse?

I can actually answer that.  The question is, can you?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 05, 2019, 12:04:53 PM
Reading this post, "in for a dime, in for a dollar" I suppose. 

You STILL said "Gold is insurance against society collapse."  Why?  Who wants gold when the question is food?  As in ancient societies, gold is only valued after you are not starving to death and can afford some decorations.  So in what way can you say that gold is useful after a modern societal collapse?

I can actually answer that.  The question is, can you?

Food isn't storable.  With gold I can buy the assistance of gangs to kill you and take your food.  Not that I want it to come down to that.  Your stocks and bonds can be burnt to heat your house which no longer has electricity or gas.  Republican Somalia is coming.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Cavebear on January 05, 2019, 10:23:20 AM

I hope that is sufficient to disabuse your notion of diamonds having intrinsic value.

My diamond dealer says "nonsense" and whom should I believe?  A cave bear or the guy who has sold me multiple diamonds, and lives on a yacht that I get to visit once in awhile and eat tito pizza bites with?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on January 05, 2019, 04:53:37 PM
My diamond dealer says "nonsense" and whom should I believe?  A cave bear or the guy who has sold me multiple diamonds, and lives on a yacht that I get to visit once in awhile and eat tito pizza bites with?

Diamonds are way overpriced, unless you are DeBeers ;-)  The other poster is DeBears ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on January 05, 2019, 04:53:37 PM

Ask yourself why HE lives on a yacht, and YOU are begging for pizza bits...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 30, 2018, 05:26:16 AM
I'll probably be drunk entering the year as usual, but my plan is to make it to 2020 as Minimalist said.

I want to translate a specific book just to challenge myself. It will be too difficult if I make an attempt. I'm thinking about it, but... I have a very long reading list.

Finding a man sounds good. But men like me is living like me; in their homes, avoiding people and social life. I wish there were buildings with small life units built in for just one person, but connected to each other with a door. So when you get a partner, you would each get a unit but also live by yourself and come together at yours or his when you wish.

What a fantasy you have : )

Why do you need a man i wonder? Is it just to come together when you wish?

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on January 09, 2019, 05:12:16 AM
What a fantasy you have : )

Why do you need a man i wonder? Is it just to come together when you wish?

i know some women like her.  Not bad people.  But the problem is ... compatibility.  Do you really want someone just like you, or someone who is the flip version of you?  For some, the ideal would be marrying their identical twin.

My ex, when single, managed to escape being single with a simple observation.  She will never find a man between her TV and her refrigerator.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.