So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 16, 2019, 07:46:56 PM
Looks like Scotland doesn't want to leave the EU. Are they going to have to split from England?

That is the excuse.  SNP is authoritarian, same as Labour and the other minor Left parties.  The point is power.  Maybe Nicola Sturgeon wants to be the new Queen Mary of Scots.  A few years ago, they did dig the Scottish royal crown etc out of the walls of Edinburgh Castle.  But won't change the reality that Scotland has been bankrupt since 1707.  And since GB burned up all the N Sea oil, they have no means for prosperity, other than haggis and scotch.

But it is all irrational.  GB in the EU, and Corbyn can't do anything toward his Stalinist objectives.  Scotland in the EU, and Sturgeon can't do much or become Queen of Scotland.  Of course some people make love of France or Germany etc as their reason for living.  But such people shouldn't be citizens of GB.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 16, 2019, 07:46:56 PM
Looks like Scotland doesn't want to leave the EU. Are they going to have to split from England?
If Nicola Sturgeon has her way, although polls are so close as to make it impossible to predict which way a vote would go.  What's even more interesting is that there's a bare majority for reunification in Northern Ireland now.  It's close enough that it's a statistical tie, of course, but still quite interesting.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on December 17, 2019, 09:45:32 AM
If Nicola Sturgeon has her way, although polls are so close as to make it impossible to predict which way a vote would go.  What's even more interesting is that there's a bare majority for reunification in Northern Ireland now.  It's close enough that it's a statistical tie, of course, but still quite interesting.

Catholics always outbreed Presbyterians.  Remember "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift?  So over the years, the territory of N Ireland has become increasingly Catholic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

That's why the Catholic Church won't let their adherents make use of abortion, they are trying to breed a larger voting bloc, just like every other Abrahamic religion, including (especially) the LDS.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 17, 2019, 01:54:55 PM
That's why the Catholic Church won't let their adherents make use of abortion, they are trying to breed a larger voting bloc, just like every other Abrahamic religion, including (especially) the LDS.

Most Protestants aren't breeders, I have been in several congregations.  Jews aren't breeders, but Muslims are.  Catholics and Mormons are.  And "full quiver" Evangelicals are (but they are a minority).  You realize that most American church goers today are seniors?  So given biology, these seniors won't be having big families, unless they already made one in their youth ;-)

So hate on.  Do you want to go kill anyone who as more than one or two children?  Maybe take their excess children away for State only rearing?  How Chinese that would be.

I am against irresponsible sex.  I am against irresponsible parenting.  But I am not intrinsically against large families, if done well.  But in the Central Committee of the Dems, maybe they should propose something, to reduce the White population.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

It looks like a Hard Brexit will happen. It was fun watching the hub bub without being emotionally involved.  I could never understand the concept of a soft Brexit, even though a couple of thoughtful Brits here tried to explain it to me.  When you storm out of a country club telling everyone you don't want to be part of their crappy association, you don't expect to still get to use the pool. 

I'm not saying the EU was crappy.  Maybe it was.  Maybe not.  I remember when the thing first started.  Seemed like all of Europe was raving about it, and I thought, " Good for them."  However, I had no idea if it was a good or bad idea back then.  Still don't.

Baruch

impossible to tell what will happen next.  They might not even complete the first agreement (withdrawal, not trade) before Jan 31!  Politicians add randomness to all events.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Green Bottle

Been watching this thread for a while now and 1 or 2 of you seem to get what brexshit is about, and others think they know whats going on but dont.
It's all about,  and always has been about money, the rich/elite doing whatever it takes to protect their wealth,  and basically giving a massive ''fk you to the rest of us.

Let's start here
A Brief Guide to the History of Brexit

A long time ago, and I mean a long, long, long time ago, the UK was part of Europe and shared all the resources, travel, exchange of ideas, trading etc. This was fine until there was an upheaval that caused the UK to break away from the land mass of Europe.

This left the inhabitants all on their own and they got to squabbling with each other for resources such as food, fuel and women. One of the countries of Europe decided that it would unite all the rest under one banner, this was the empire of Rome. They came to the UK bringing with them all the benefits of Europe, highways, trading, government etc. However they did not manage to unite all of the UK and found that the inhabitants of the northern part were fiercely independent and had to build a wall to keep them out of the rest of the UK (rUK).

The Romans left after a series of mishaps â€" barbarians attacking their home pads and a series of untrustworthy leaders. The UKers got back to squabbling amongst themselves and after years of this somehow managed to get united. This was fine until another nation decided to unite them with Europe again, the Normans.

After a few years, decades or whatever the Ukers revolted and formed together again. A few other countries decided to have a go at them, Vikings being one of the more aggressive ones. Once again the UK was under someone else’s control and they fought back after a guy was spotted burning some cakes in a marsh somewhere down south and made their leader.

A few centuries and lots of wars later the UK became one country, albeit they decided to conquer the northern bit and subject the people there to their rule. They weren’t chuffed about this and fought back a good few times, won some fights and lost others.

After a lot of this the UK was united under one king and more or less settled down.

There followed a lot of wars both at home and away and then the UK decided it was going to get bigger by invading other places instead of being invaded themselves so they expanded to become the biggest and richest in the whole world. A few of the places they stole were not happy and one after another they fought back and took control of themselves but not after the UK robbed them blind before skipping out.

Fast forwards to the 20th century and the UK found some black liquid under the sea off the coast of the northern bit. Finding this was a godsend as after having giving up plundering other countries they were starting to feel the pinch. To benefit from this they got rid of a few organisations in the northern part and took all of the profits for themselves, hiding the actual wealth of the northern bit in a report that they locked away from prying eyes.

Around the same time the UK decided it wanted to be part of Europe again and signed the application form and paid the entry fees getting loads of benefits from the common purse that helped them.

The folks in the northern part were getting really pissed off with their neighbours down south and decided that they wanted to become a country of their own and with this they revitalised a political party called the SNP. Years and years went by with the northern folk being told what to do by the southern folk and this just got them more and more pissed off at the way they were treated. I mean, you make lots of money and it gets taken away from you and then you get a pittance of pocket money back would you not be pissed off too?

At the time this was happening the southerner’s government decided to sell off the family silver to their friends and these friends made loads and loads of money out of it. So much that they did not want to part with it and started to hide it where the taxman could not get it. All the time they got richer and richer and the country got poorer and poorer, as if they cared what happened to the rest of the people as long as they had all the money.

The folks in the northern bit decided that they wanted to be on their own and they asked for and got permission to decide their future. This would have been fine if the southerner government played fair but they didn’t and told all sorts of lies to the northerners such as ‘your pension will disappear’, ‘you will not be a part of the EU’, ‘you’re too wee to look after yourselves’ and more lies. They made loads of promises to the northern folks and all the auld yins decided that it would be a good thing not to go it alone and voted to stay. As soon as they did this they realised that they had been hoodwinked by the southerners yet again.

The southerners decided that they did not want to be in the Europe club any longer and had the people vote after telling them loads of lies about the benefits of leaving the club. The northern bit did not think this was a good idea as they were promised that if they stayed they would stay in the club so they voted to stay in the club but the bullies from the south got their own way.

A few years went by with a few changes of leaders of the southern government until a clown stepped into the empty shoes of the previous leader without the people voting for him. This clown was one of those that told the lies about how nasty it was to being in the club and how wonderful the world would be outside of it. The clown made a new deal of sorts and was heard uttering the same phrase, over and over, time after time, until people got so sick of it they voted him to be their leader just to shut him up. The northern folk were mightily pissed off by now and voted overwhelmingly for their own political guys instead of the ones controlled by the southerners.

This did not make any difference for the northern folks so they had their leader write to the clown for permission to vote on leaving the UK club. The clown laughed and played with his phone and said no but knew that saying no was going to get him a load of grief he does not want.

The outcome of this?

Just wait and see!
Roddy Scott.

So the outcome is coming.

They cant brexit without us (Scotland),because without all our resources how the fk wd they finance their lavish lifestyles.

https://imgur.com/AhrFUA8

to be continued..................

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Green Bottle

Earlier today, I shared a post about the EU saying something along the lines of ‘nobody has explained ... what the benefits are ... of leaving the EU. I got this fantastic reply from my friend Vince Orchiston ... I am sharing it, because I want everyone to see it, he says it perfectly! Thank you Vince and I hope you don’t mind me sharing 😊

“What every TV street reporter and TV pundit fail to ask some loudmouth member of the English public shouting about " All we want is Brexit done !" is ..." "Why !" ..."why do you want to get Brexit done ? In what way is it going to improve your life ? "
"What is missing in your life that you think Brexit is going to cure ? "
I will guarantee not one person in the street or in a Question Time audience would be able to answer these questions.
That's the reason none of the media or even the politicians will put that question to the public...because half of them don't have a clue what they're voting for ! So they don't pose the question... knowing that they will be there all day trying to get one member of the public to give a coherent answer ! Also knowing that the viewers will be put off in their droves by clueless people mumbling and fumbling for an answer to one of the most important votes in recent history...it would cause the viewers to think " Actually ! Why did I vote for Brexit myself ???"
They don't want you to think ! That's why the mantra " Let's get Brexit done! " is repeated relentlessly on the news and in the media.
It's drilled into your brain subliminally to subconsciously change your behaviour...it's what the media and the establishment do ...and their bloody good at it !!!

To me...the English electorate have been herded up and led like doe-eyed cows to the slaughter house ...led there on a wave of World War 2 let's get back to the good old days when Brittania ruled the waves nostalgia.

And what for ?
For the benefit of the elite ! So they can carry on regardless with their tax evading ways away from the prying eyes of the EU.
It's for the people with a vested interest in protecting their millionaire hordes .
It was never about the benefits to Joe Public...they were just rounded up and brainwashed into thinking that...they were just a means to an end .
We need the public onside so let's brainwash them until they can't think straight anymore ! Then we will offer them a way out of their collective madness and they will gladly follow like robotic drones with only one programme : OBEY !!!

Well England all I can say is ...good luck in your brave new world under the Third Reich...but we Scots want no part of it ...we are the enlightened ones ...a forward thinking, progressive nation that will forge it's own path in life ...after all it was we Scots that invented the modern world wasn't it !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿ðŸ'
Bon Voyage England ! 🇬🇧ðŸ'‹ðŸ'‹ðŸ'‹â€

Mary Jenkins.
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Jason Harvestdancer

As I see these Brexit delays continue, I begin to wonder ... will it take a war to determine whether or not Germany dominates all of Europe?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Shiranu

I'm more interested in IF Germany should dominate Europe. I see very little reason they shouldn't.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on December 23, 2019, 12:26:22 AM
I'm more interested in IF Germany should dominate Europe. I see very little reason they shouldn't.

Hey is almost happened decades ago, maybe they should open up the camps again :)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on December 23, 2019, 06:21:23 AM
Hey is almost happened decades ago, maybe they should open up the camps again :)
I've been trying to grasp Shiranu's perception about this, but I'm totally at a loss to understand why he thinks this.

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 22, 2019, 10:23:22 PM
As I see these Brexit delays continue, I begin to wonder ... will it take a war to determine whether or not Germany dominates all of Europe?

EU began, at Nazi meeting in Paris in 1944, regarding post-war Europe.  In 1992 E Germany took over W Germany, giving a new color to EU developments (EUSR).  The EU as is, is a new Warsaw Pact, hoping to be the W end of the New Silk Road of China and Russia.

Yes, Scots want all English dead.  Labor wants all royalists and wealthy dead.  Imagine SNP as Robespierre combined with William Wallace ;-> Note Lenin beard.  A hard Trotskite Europe might be a good thing for it.  Namely, it can forget not becoming the larger Zimbabwe.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.