So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

9 more days to GB election!  So exciting to see another country make a fool of itself.  Only Labour in GB, is more communist than the current German government.

"CRAZY TOTALITARIAN MERKEL RANTS ABOUT THE NEED TO BAN FREEDOM" ... this is why Brits want to Leave.  The Germans never change, particularly an E German Stazi woman.  The EU is a sock puppet for Imperial Germany and Vichy France.  Mostly Germany runs things, and they have an old Stazi hag as their chief.  So ... there is Article 11 and 13 ... coming on-line.  And Merkel finds social media to be politically subversive.  So basically she wants Germany (and EU) to have an Internet like China.  And electronic version of the Berlin Wall.

Yes, everything will be forbidden, except for what is mandatory!  Beatings will continue until morale improves!  What Statists always love.  So no blogs or vlogs or podcasts except what is prior authorized by the Party.  All postings to be mined daily for signs of popular subversion.  Not like BitChute where Nazi trolls are a pennig a dozen.  Germany in particular can't allow any Nazi content (by law).  And the EU means extending German laws across the whole EU.  But you can post Muslim terrorist content there.  Mustn't offend the guest workers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

EmpJohnIV

Quote from: Baruch on December 03, 2019, 08:51:50 AM
9 more days to GB election!  So exciting to see another country make a fool of itself.  Only Labour in GB, is more communist than the current German government.

"CRAZY TOTALITARIAN MERKEL RANTS ABOUT THE NEED TO BAN FREEDOM" ... this is why Brits want to Leave.  The Germans never change, particularly an E German Stazi woman.  The EU is a sock puppet for Imperial Germany and Vichy France.  Mostly Germany runs things, and they have an old Stazi hag as their chief.  So ... there is Article 11 and 13 ... coming on-line.  And Merkel finds social media to be politically subversive.  So basically she wants Germany (and EU) to have an Internet like China.  And electronic version of the Berlin Wall.

Yes, everything will be forbidden, except for what is mandatory!  Beatings will continue until morale improves!  What Statists always love.  So no blogs or vlogs or podcasts except what is prior authorized by the Party.  All postings to be mined daily for signs of popular subversion.  Not like BitChute where Nazi trolls are a pennig a dozen.  Germany in particular can't allow any Nazi content (by law).  And the EU means extending German laws across the whole EU.  But you can post Muslim terrorist content there.  Mustn't offend the guest workers.

What's your best guess how the next election will come out, and how that's going to affect the brexit issue playing forward?

Baruch

Quote from: EmpJohnIV on December 04, 2019, 02:28:00 PM
What's your best guess how the next election will come out, and how that's going to affect the brexit issue playing forward?

Hahaha ... Clownworld?  Let me watch some clips from the recent Joker movie, to get into the mood, and wave my Kekistan flag ...

I have loved watching British political news this past calendar year.  Watch it daily and in detail.  Kind of like watching macaque monkeys establishing a hierarchy in the zoo ;-)  I love those classic British nature shows.  As an American I can watch it, like a regular sports game.  I have no skin in it.  American politics is too painful to watch.

The goal of all 1st world major elections is to make the result as close as possible, that makes it easier to "queer" them (the Deep State has controlled the Five Eyes since 1942).  The 2016 Trump vs Clinton, 2016 Scottish secession, 2016 Brexit, 2017 GB general election (Labour came from behind at the last minute, so Tories didn't get the majority expected, they were castrated with Trojan DUP support, from the beginning (the Irish Border problem).

The Labour leadership will be close enough to winning, that they won't purge Corbyn or the other Hard Left.  Basically was already happened in the US.  Corbyn and Hillary are too useful as boogiemen to the Deep State (joined at the hip between GB and US since WW II).  I can already predict a hung Dem Convention, that will call on Hillary to run again ;-))

DUP has dumped their alliance over the Johnson deal.  A government under PM May, was more like an Italian government, constantly facing disintegration within the Tories, with DUP as the Trojan Horse, and Labour/LibDem/SNP with Speaker Bercow, acting as disloyal opposition.  The Brexit Party and the LibDems have lost most of their Summer luster, as voters return to the tried and true 2-party car crash system.

Like the US, but the US is even more un-supporting of 3rd parties. In both cases, the electoral system supports 2-parties only, you have to change the electoral system in both cases (to proportional representation basically) to make any 3rd party viable.  But that pushes you toward an Italian style coalition-of-factions government.  Pay me now or pay me later but pay the public will.

We don't know PM Johnson's popularity yet.  Pre-election polls are propaganda (2016 election polls showing Hillary winning).  And the British MP system operates very differently from the US House system.  My guess is ... PM Johnson will come very close to losing to the Remain un-coalition.  But will squeak by with a negligible majority.  He will keep his job, but no mandate.

This minimizes his negotiation powers over the next phase of Brexit (first part was the leaving part, the second part is the trade negotiation part).  This is basically PM May's deal with some significant improvements.  But the improvements can still be skuppered by a resisting Parliament.  As in any governing party, you can't stay in power, or obtain power, without promising everything to everybody.  This makes delivery comical.

All political parties are sock puppets to the Deep State/Deep Globalist coalition.  Originally Rothschilds in GB/France/Germany and Pinkertons in the US.  Nations are too big, too much money involved, to allow citizens to really have any true say except at the margins where it doesn't matter.  Basically like pro-wrestling, but without the funny Lucha Libre masks.

Any actual Brexit political/economic impact will be minimized.  It was too popular to directly overturn it and surprised the Tories.  But as a minimal change, the fewest applecarts will be overturned.  Of course events might fly out of control.  The Masterminds sometimes fall on their face, like 1914-1945.  WW I and WW II could both have been avoided, if the European stuffed shirts hadn't been consumed with hubris.

The whole point of the Scottish secession poll and the Brexit poll was as hushpuppies to the British voters, to take pressure off the PM Cameron government cause by Mr Farage.  PM May was put in because PM Cameron quit (his hubris allowed Brexit to become possible) and she was a Trojan Remainer.  So is PM Johnson, who came in as next choice after PM May, and is also a closet Remainer, but with more panache.  He lost in the 2016 Tory leadership contest, because he is considered too much of a loose cannon.

There will be a huge fight over carrying out the initial part of the PM Johnson agreement, but after lines in the sand are drawn (for the benefit of near sighted voters), the real fight over a castrated trade deal will commence.  Basically what happened 2016-2019 Mark 2.0.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

On Labour or Democrats ...

"A Marxist system is recognized by the fact that it spares criminals and criminalizes political opponents." -Solzhenitsyn
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: EmpJohnIV on December 04, 2019, 02:28:00 PM
Right now it looks like BoJo will get a majority of one sort or another, which I think is awful, but at least the UK is voting on the basis of an actual negotiated and existing deal rather than the unicorn farts and pixie shit Leave sold them in '16.  If they want to geld themselves on the international stage, at least now they know for sure what they're getting into.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Yep, the manly thing is to be corn holed by Brussels, who is a mere sock puppet for E Germany.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

A last minute and accurate analysis of the upcoming election ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc1Q22__8yU

Politics can be entertaining, but only if you don't take it seriously.

GB is the leader ahead of China's monkey men, with their patented sheeple.  Combining sheep and human DNA, before the Chinese could even manage to do high tech bestiality with pigs and monkeys.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Prince Charming strikes again!  A fair majority in Parliament for Boris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj-YK3JJCIU

I like women, so sorry about Jo Swinson, who was more disliked than even Corbyn, lost her seat and party leadership.

Current speculation is that Labour needs to achieve an even more pure communist doctrine.  Corbyn will be re-reading the collected works of Lenin, shortly ;-)  Scotland continues its gerrymandered over-representation in Scotland.

So good job, GB!  For a bollocks country since 1945, you did something Right for a change.

Can Boris get the withdrawal agreement done by 1/31/20 without sabotage by re-elected Tory MPs?  Then for most of us the Greek drama is over ... only commercial interests will care about details of the EU free-trade negotiations.  Though another cliff hanger comes up in May, as to whether concluding that is reasonable by 12/31/20.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Aye, let's just hope this will settle, sooner rather than later.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Left-Wing Newspaper Advises People "How To Leave The United Kingdom" After Election Loss" ... Boris can hope!  Too bad not all Democrats moved to Canada in 2017.  Zimbabwe would have been a better destination.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

EmpJohnIV

I figured Leave would come out of the election with an edge. I am still a little wary to figure out how the details of the power factions with play out in practice, but it looks like they won more than a small edge.

Baruch

Quote from: EmpJohnIV on December 16, 2019, 12:44:52 PM
I figured Leave would come out of the election with an edge. I am still a little wary to figure out how the details of the power factions with play out in practice, but it looks like they won more than a small edge.

If it was pure total vote, no coalition allowed, then Hillary would be President and Johnson would still be PM.  If you allow coalition, and pure total vote, then Corbyn would be the new PM.  It is all in the mechanism.  Geographical precincts and larger units in the US.  Constituencies in GB.  And all of that is gerrymandering on top of historical precedent.  And what about Australia, with mandatory voting ... in both GB and the US, a large number of people don't vote.

But sour grapes by losers in any case, no matter what system one is using.

PM Johnson will face just as many court cases (Gina Miller etc) over the next year. Like Trump got over here.  Brick batting from the Loyal Opposition.  And back stabbing from the Tory Remainers.  And he secured a dropping of "truth serum" pressure from the Brexit Party and the ERG.  So he might try to do less, or do more, or do nothing at all.  I like Johnson as a person, but he is a mere politician, and I am American, not British.  The next two months are crucial (until Feb 1) to secure the existing withdrawal agreement.  What if the EU renegs before then?  They have no intention of letting go.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: EmpJohnIV on December 16, 2019, 12:44:52 PM
Yeah, it was the Leave faction within Labour that really turned it into a blowout -- I mean, Dennis Skinner for pete's sake!  He'd been an MP since 1970, had never polled below 50%, his constituency has never sent a Conservative to Parliament, and Skinner was a Leave supporter himself, and he still got bounced.

On the flip side, BoJo is on eggshells, and his unusually conciliatory tone the day after the election suggests he knows it.  These are constituencies that are not natural Tory bases, and once Brexit is done, they might well decide they have no further need for him and revert to Labour at the next opportunity.

In addition, for the first time, Unionists are a minority within the Northern Ireland delegation -- the DUP paid the price for propping up the May/Johnson governments, especially since Boris' new deal puts the customs border in the Irish Sea and is in the Unionists' eyes even worse than the backstop in May's deal.  Practically, it makes no difference since the Conservatives no longer need Unionist backing to squeak through a majority and because Sinn Féin is abstentionist, but psychologically I expect it's quite a blow, and NI's desire to Remain may be the key that unlocks an Irish unification referendum.

And of course, the SNP had an even better night than Boris did, even knocking off the Lib Dem leader pretty much out of the blue.  Sturgeon can make a good case for a second referendum based on such a strong result; I expect BoJo will say no, and it'll land in the UK Supreme Court's lap in what will be an even more fascinating case to watch than the one on prorogation.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Looks like Scotland doesn't want to leave the EU. Are they going to have to split from England?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman