So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on September 12, 2019, 10:46:31 AM
My favorite is from The Thrilling Adventure Hour's "Beyond Belief" section: "She was the kind of dame they write similes about.";

"She was spread-eagled on the floor.  I beat the eagle off with a stick"...

Firesign Theater - Nick Danger, Third Eye
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

More Prof Starkey on why the Tower is necessary .... a podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUxV6SvQHc0

More and more voices calling for demonstrations or violence against the Remainer parties.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Couple days ago, the N Irish court ruled that no-deal Brexit is legal.  That pretty much leaves both prorogation and no-deal Brexit up to the High Court in London, which is probably where all the appeals to recent judicial decisions will directly end up.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on September 15, 2019, 03:56:43 PM
Couple days ago, the N Irish court ruled that no-deal Brexit is legal.  That pretty much leaves both prorogation and no-deal Brexit up to the High Court in London, which is probably where all the appeals to recent judicial decisions will directly end up.

In fairness, I think the prorogation is lawful and legal too.
A dick move.
But a legal one. In my amateuristic view.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 15, 2019, 04:05:08 PM
In fairness, I think the prorogation is lawful and legal too.
A dick move.
But a legal one. In my amateuristic view.

We can't all get what we want for Xmas or our birthday.  Better than mass pogroms.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

“Anti-Brexit EU Empire Builders!” … Dutch MEP Guy Verhovstadt was at LibDem party meeting yesterday, speaking of the EU as a 4th Reich, in competition with China, Russia and the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixuLdVCLUPY

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on September 16, 2019, 10:09:36 AM
“Anti-Brexit EU Empire Builders!” … Dutch MEP Guy Verhovstadt was at LibDem party meeting yesterday, speaking of the EU as a 4th Reich, in competition with China, Russia and the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixuLdVCLUPY

Belgian  MEP, Dutch language

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 16, 2019, 02:10:32 PM
Belgian  MEP, Dutch language

Ah.  Thanks.  Shouldn't media clearly label him ... Walloon?  With emphasis on Walloon?  I understand under that corner of MEP politics, he is like a "witch hunter general", a minister without portfolio?

So ... how about Poland, Hungary, Romania from the East, and GB from the West, invading EU for WW III?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on September 16, 2019, 03:18:18 PM
Ah.  Thanks.  Shouldn't media clearly label him ... Walloon?  With emphasis on Walloon?  I understand under that corner of MEP politics, he is like a "witch hunter general", a minister without portfolio?

So ... how about Poland, Hungary, Romania from the East, and GB from the West, invading EU for WW III?

Flemish, not walloon. :p

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 16, 2019, 03:34:59 PM
Flemish, not walloon. :p

Your native language is Flemish.  MEP Verhofstadt is?

The PRC-like reeducation effort (reminding me of the Cultural Revolution of the 60s) was cringing.

PM of Luxembourg just got thru with a ritual humiliation of the PM of GB (and representative of Queen Elizabeth).  The American dead (including General Patton) buried in Luxembourg, should rise up and haunt the W European Marxists.  General Patton was right, in 1945 invade the Soviet Union etc and exterminate the Communists.  In fact, Hitler did nothing wrong ;-(

Junker-Johnson lunch was escargot, salmon and cheese.  Is there a problem with Fukushima pollution?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on September 16, 2019, 04:28:06 PM
Your native language is Flemish.  MEP Verhofstadt is?

The PRC-like reeducation effort (reminding me of the Cultural Revolution of the 60s) was cringing.

PM of Luxembourg just got thru with a ritual humiliation of the PM of GB (and representative of Queen Elizabeth).  The American dead (including General Patton) buried in Luxembourg, should rise up and haunt the W European Marxists.  General Patton was right, in 1945 invade the Soviet Union etc and exterminate the Communists.  In fact, Hitler did nothing wrong ;-(

Guy is flemish, as am I. Our first language is Dutch, though we call it flemish in the same way Americans might call their English as speaking 'american'.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 16, 2019, 04:34:26 PM
Guy is flemish, as am I. Our first language is Dutch, though we call it flemish in the same way Americans might call their English as speaking 'american'.

Damn, can't keep Walloon vs Flemish straight.  And thought Guy was from Netherlands.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on September 16, 2019, 04:37:19 PM
Damn, can't keep Walloon vs Flemish straight.  And thought Guy was from Netherlands.

That's okay.
We are a small and confusing country.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 16, 2019, 04:50:11 PM
That's okay.
We are a small and confusing country.

How about some happy talk.  So tourism-wise ... compare Netherlands with Belgium.  I have heard both are attractive destinations.  Is there anybody at home in August, like the rest of Europe?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on September 16, 2019, 05:36:27 PM
How about some happy talk.  So tourism-wise ... compare Netherlands with Belgium.  I have heard both are attractive destinations.  Is there anybody at home in August, like the rest of Europe?

Most Belgians and people from the Netherlands tend to go other places in the summer, and many go skiing in the winter.
I would personally call neither Belgium nor Holland especially great holiday countries. Not that they don't have anything worth seeing. My brother's gf, an American and my best friend's gf, a South Korean (I think), love it here.
But the Belgian beach line is awful: nothing but huge buildings on far to small a coast. we have worthwhile cities like Bruges, Antwerp, Ghent, louvain, and even Bruxelles. Though I tend to avoid the latter.
The Netherlands has nice cities too, but they have less personality. In Holland houses have to be much more uniform in their outward appearance (color, housedoor, building material, etc). There is no denying the touristic appeal of Amsterdam. Marihuana capital of Europe. Great sights there too. And the Anna frank museum. A must see, IMHO. Other than that and Rotterdam, I'm hard pressed to name any worthwhile places though.
(though I'm hoping to go watch POTF in Tilburg.)
The truetrump card of Holland over Belgium lies in its diverse scenery, however, it has small islands, it has more green, you have different kinds of beaches,... And to boot a safari-zoo and the most magical amusement park: Efteling.
To counter, many Belgians and people from the Netherlands tend to spend a week or longer each winter in the walloon. The Ardennes are most lovely. Also our quisine and beer are much, much better than what people in Holland muster.
Most of them even agree.