So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 09, 2019, 02:32:06 PM
Baruch, you call everybody dumb and stupid and brainwashed and call everything shit and psycho and suff like that. Call your conversational partners hypocrites and such like.
You keep saying Germans are shit. French people are frogs,  Europeans are morally bankrupt,...  Or other stuff, many loaded terms over the past few years. Can't glue which accusation to who anymore.

Rock. Glass house. You know?

One might even get offended by what you say, were one to put any value in your opinion.

Triggered?  Shall I be a "midi-blouse" and use girly words while we enjoy tea and cakes?

I value your opinion.  You are on the ground.  Just like the Brits I read.  I correlate and sort out what is being said by all parties, including normal talk show callers.  I don't support the whole idea of referenda ... so indirectly I don't support Brexit that way.  Parliament screwed up in 1992, creating a difficulty if they Brexit on many levels.  Politically i do care, economically I do care.  Emotionally I care most of all.  Project Fear is very real, speak of exaggeration!

Yes, Americans love Europe (not).  Only an American completely ignorant of European history over the last 250 years can be a Euro-phile.  Until 1939 the US retained a War Department plan to make war on the British Empire.  Wonder if we now have a DoD war plan against Germany/EU?  Is Brexit part of the DoD war plan?  Funny how I talked to a WW II veteran years ago, and he told me we had plans to take out that German ally, Sweden.  Too innocent, yes?

Now, do I have sympathy?  Yes.  Has France fucked the world since King Louis XIV?  Yes.  Has England fucked the world since the Hundred Years War?  Yes.  I could be sympathetic to Germany, until 1871.  Then their historical predation went into overdrive.  And of course is the US aggressive?  Yes.

I would be more proud of my Swiss ancestors over Austrian or regular Germanic.  Who hates cheese and chocolates?  USA is my football team, not yours.  Though no doubt the Belgian football team can kick American ass, right?  All fun between frenemies.  Keep rivalry and animosity to sports, and out of politics!  The Olympic ideal, that has failed to prevent war since 1896.  Been to Athens, been to that stadium where the modern Olympics started.  Been to Olympia too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 09, 2019, 02:45:22 PM
I'd give you two likes if I could.

Or just add a supportive comment ... oops, you just did!

Love the hate I get here.  I would dry up without liberal tears (sarc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on September 09, 2019, 02:49:44 PM
Triggered?  Shall I be a "midi-blouse" and use girly words while we enjoy tea and cakes?

Triggered? No, not really. I think you'll find I've never before complained of your derogative terms. At most I've complained of your relentless hyperbole and joked about your quantity over quality posts. I've come to let most of it be though, accepting that you and I find different goals for communication.
I'll defend your freedom to use the terms you use. Be it vague or even insulting.
What I will point out, however, is that calling someone out for calling you psycho when you literally called him psycho in the post before, for calling someone out for calling names when you do that in almost all your posts, is hypocritical. Don't want to change your vocabulary? Fine by me, but than at least take it in stride  when someone talks about you in the same way. Because this? This is pathetic.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on September 09, 2019, 02:50:41 PM
Or just add a supportive comment ... oops, you just did!

Love the hate I get hear.  I would dry up without liberal tears (sarc).
Even in this, Baruch, you are mistaken.  I don't hate you.  Never have.  But I do hate what you have become.  You have gone from stupid comments to becoming irrelevant. Actually, I find it sad. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Looks like the British Parliament is about to lose Bercow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agP0YIsASO8

I don't know how or whether this will affect Brexit, but I'll miss his "Owduuuuh!".

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 09, 2019, 03:57:14 PM

I don't know how or whether this will affect Brexit, but I'll miss his "Owduuuuh!".

Always a sad thing when your favorite character gets written out of the series. :p

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 09, 2019, 03:57:14 PM

Well, BoJo the Clown PM had just broken with all tradition and said they'd run a candidate against him in the next election -- by convention, the main parties do not oppose the Speaker seeking reelection. It's not a breach of the law, but it's a huge breach of protocol. Boris is positively Trumpian in his pettiness and insecurity.

Of course, Bercow knows the chances of a general election before 31 October are virtually nil, so it's this Parliament that will choose his successor, and this Parliament is in an empowered mood. The next Speaker will not be a lapdog for Boris either.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 09, 2019, 03:47:56 PM
Triggered? No, not really. I think you'll find I've never before complained of your derogative terms. At most I've complained of your relentless hyperbole and joked about your quantity over quality posts. I've come to let most of it be though, accepting that you and I find different goals for communication.
I'll defend your freedom to use the terms you use. Be it vague or even insulting.
What I will point out, however, is that calling someone out for calling you psycho when you literally called him psycho in the post before, for calling someone out for calling names when you do that in almost all your posts, is hypocritical. Don't want to change your vocabulary? Fine by me, but than at least take it in stride  when someone talks about you in the same way. Because this? This is pathetic.

I am a radical centrist.  I will drink the blood from your skulls, both R and L (sarc).  I am the ONLY person who does insults?  Do tell.  This is fight club.  If you don't have a Lolita outfit, then you can't join our Tea Party (pre Trump).  Yes, EU person ... PC person ... I can only use words how and when I am allowed, by my opponents.  Not happening.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 09, 2019, 03:51:58 PM
Even in this, Baruch, you are mistaken.  I don't hate you.  Never have.  But I do hate what you have become.  You have gone from stupid comments to becoming irrelevant. Actually, I find it sad.

I have always been this way, haven't changed.  I nuke communists.  If Obama was made President-for-Life and the US became Haiti, you would be on a more even emotional keel, am I right?  To a degree, I have to pick up the slack from the excommunication of Sir pr126.

Remember, Communism came from political Hegelianism.  Hegelianism came from Christian Idealism plus Enlightenment Secularism.  Christian Idealism derives directly from the Book of Acts.  So .. this is Biblical after all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on September 09, 2019, 06:09:25 PM
Well, BoJo the Clown PM had just broken with all tradition and said they'd run a candidate against him in the next election -- by convention, the main parties do not oppose the Speaker seeking reelection. It's not a breach of the law, but it's a huge breach of protocol. Boris is positively Trumpian in his pettiness and insecurity.

Of course, Bercow knows the chances of a general election before 31 October are virtually nil, so it's this Parliament that will choose his successor, and this Parliament is in an empowered mood. The next Speaker will not be a lapdog for Boris either.

I predict, Bercow can't run as PM for the Tories.  He could as PM for the LibDem.  More his style.  There will only be Brexiteers left in the Tories, and corpses.

Overall I liked Bercow (for last 9 months watching him).  He did in fact break a rule (and in unwritten constitution, that is like a law to us) twice.  The Speaker isn't to be partisan.  But only Tories in Cabinet got involuntary purge.  None of the other so-called Tories signed that oath of loyalty.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on September 09, 2019, 06:29:37 PM
I am a radical centrist.  I will drink the blood from your skulls, both R and L (sarc).  I am the ONLY person who does insults?  Do tell.  This is fight club.  If you don't have a Lolita outfit, then you can't join our tea party.  Yes, EU person ... PC person ... I can only use words how and when I am allowed, by my opponents.  Not happening.

You don't actually read the other poster's post or something?

My problem with you is not that you are rude in a silly sense. It's that you were being a hypocrite.
I'm not saying you can't insult people. I just don't think that if you do, you should complain like a child the moment someone else does it to you. That's lame.

I'm not telling you to shut up, but to put up (with it). You want to express your freedom of speech like a man, than take it like one too.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 09, 2019, 06:41:25 PM
You don't actually read the other poster's post or something?

My problem with you is not that you are rude in a silly sense. It's that you were being a hypocrite.
I'm not saying you can't insult people. I just don't think that if you do, you should complain like a child the moment someone else does it to you. That's lame.

I'm not telling you to shut up, but to put up (with it). You want to express your freedom of speech like a man, than take it like one too.

OK.  Talking past each other again.  BTW - never was the person MikeCL thought I was, whatever that was.  On the old forum, politics was never discussed.

Like a man?  Are you misogynist?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on September 09, 2019, 07:00:53 PM
OK.  Talking past each other again.  BTW - never was the person MikeCL thought I was, whatever that was.  On the old forum, politics was never discussed.

Like a man?  Are you misogynist?
I guess you never were who I thought you were.  I thought you were a level-headed person.  Yep--totally wrong on that one.  Infantile is what I'd label you basically.  You don't know what you are, what you stand for or who and what you like/hate.  And you are pointless to try to communicate with.  So, I think I'll stop trying.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 09, 2019, 07:33:05 PM
I guess you never were who I thought you were.  I thought you were a level-headed person.  Yep--totally wrong on that one.  Infantile is what I'd label you basically.  You don't know what you are, what you stand for or who and what you like/hate.  And you are pointless to try to communicate with.  So, I think I'll stop trying.

Compared to who?  A lot of water under the bridge, since those days.  Progress for gays, atheists out of the closet.  All improvements.  Dems turning into bra burning draft card burning druggies?  Not an improvement.  Labor turning into inconsistent Trotskyites?  Not an improvement.

You don't communicate, you expect agreement.  I never ever expect agreement.  Meanwhile some quiet for a month+ ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1sQkEfAdfY

So the Remoaners can get in practice for their luxurious exile on the French Riviera, complaining how the poor are mistreated.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Wow.  Scroll back (or up) to where Big Ben reads 1:15 and just watch.  I've watched Parliament online for years and have never seen anything like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC339_cGt68
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan