So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 07, 2019, 02:30:06 AM
Yes, and Hillary was a war hero ;-)

You are obsessed with Hillary Clinton.  And for bad reasons.  If she had won in 2016, would the world be in such bad shape as Trump has given us?  Seriously, she would have (politely) told Putin to go fuck himself, ordered serious anti-election-cyberattack measures, stopped Brexit,  steadied the global economy, and not promised that Mexico would pay for a useless wall. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2019, 03:51:53 AM
You are obsessed with Hillary Clinton.  And for bad reasons.  If she had won in 2016, would the world be in such bad shape as Trump has given us?  Seriously, she would have (politely) told Putin to go fuck himself, ordered serious anti-election-cyberattack measures, stopped Brexit,  steadied the global economy, and not promised that Mexico would pay for a useless wall.

To be fair though.
There is no way in hell she could have stopped the shit storm that is brexit.
That's not on you, that's on our side of the pond.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 07, 2019, 04:16:08 AM
To be fair though.

I think a sensible US President might have served as a good negotiator.  Trump was not "there" when our allies needed him.  Hillary Clinton might have been the right negotiator.  She was experienced as Secretary of State and Europeans trusted her.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2019, 04:54:43 AM
I think a sensible US President might have served as a good negotiator.  Trump was not "there" when our allies needed him.  Hillary Clinton might have been the right negotiator.  She was experienced as Secretary of State and Europeans trusted her.

Negotiators aren't a cure for sheer stupidity.
And the referendum was in, by that time already.
Hillary would not have been able to do anything but warn against it, but by then the torries already had all the backing they needed and the full hearted and bullheaded drive to go down their path.
Any warnings, like those of their fellow eu-members and even countrymen, from outside would be equally ignored.
If they won't listen to experts who are involved, they won't listen to a foreign one. The whole thing, on the surface, was about taking back control. Anyone with that moto won't be told what to do by a third party.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 07, 2019, 04:16:08 AM
To be fair though.

I disagree.  Before the TrumpStorm, the US had some effect.  Some people forget.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2019, 06:46:31 AM
I disagree.  Before the TrumpStorm, the US had some effect.  Some people forget.

The US  still has effect, but it never was all-powerful.
I guess we'll never know, but I seriously doubt it.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 07, 2019, 07:31:35 AM
The US  still has effect, but it never was all-powerful.
I guess we'll never know, but I seriously doubt it.

Never "was"?  You are younger than I thought...  There was 70 years of the "Pax Americana". 

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2019, 08:01:44 AM
Never "was"?  You are younger than I thought...  There was 70 years of the "Pax Americana".

I don't mean 'all-powerful' in a poetic sense. I mean it literally.
Because you pretty much have to be all-powerful to change the Brexit-course and cause amongst the brexiteers, not just be the head of the most powerful country in the world.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2019, 03:51:53 AM

Lies by D people are acceptable to you.

Uranium One ... traitor Obama, traitor Clinton.  Or stop being obsessed with Putin.  And Hillary is not the Queen of England.  And bring the entire population of Mexico into the US, as long as they vote D party.  You are completely delusional about your goddess.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Remainer MPs Colluded With Brussels!" ... the Opposition engaged in foreign policy without the Government or the Queen prior to the new bill.  That is treason.  All hail the Revolution, all hail Karl Marx, all hail Commissar Corbyn!!  The Queen needs to send the unofficial negotiators to the Tower, or civil war!

Defenestrate the House of Lords/Traitors

Nixon did this in 1968 with the N Vietnamese, and Reagan did this in 1980 with Iran.

Of course the D party in the US is just like Labor in UK.  Traitors!!

Send all D Congressmen to Guantanamo for enhanced interrogation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

There is no democracy, when a political party turns against the will of the people.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 07, 2019, 11:02:43 AM
There is no democracy, when a political party turns against the will of the people.

Well then, choose.  Aren't both taking the POV ... the end justifies the means?   If the positions were reversed, then Tories would traduce the law to destroy Labor.  If no democracy, then choose Thomas Hobbes and absolute monarchy (if you are English).  Please don't choose Communism, otherwise when WW III comes, the US has to nuke London.  Otherwise you all have to change languages from English to French, consume mass quantities, eat only cheese and drink only wine, grow pointy heads.

If you are democratic (and the UN and EU are not) then withdrawal from both bodies.  There is nothing liberal or democratic about these groups, they are both 3rd World/Commie shitholes.  Mugabe all the way down.  Of course, it is a conundrum if you are "variant".  It might be better for you in Germany or Sweden.  I couldn't guess.  Maybe in Communist SNP Scotland?  Can you make a kilt look good?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Baruch, did you know Boris's grandfather is Turkish, an English spy? LOL, how ironic is that. I mean your kind of ironic.

His name is Ali Kemal. Apparently lynched by a mob in 20s.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 07, 2019, 12:33:14 PM
Baruch, did you know Boris's grandfather is Turkish, an English spy? LOL, how ironic is that. I mean your kind of ironic.

His name is Ali Kemal. Apparently lynched by a mob in 20s.

Yes.  Saw the whole program.  Said his Turkish grandfather was a hero, not a traitor.  Executed by Turkish paras.  Your Ataturk lot killed him.  That and he is also descended from King George II.  The world has always envied the English monarchy.  Kick Turkey out of Nato now.  In fact, the US should completely withdraw from Nato.  I think Erdogan can deal with Syria and Iran just fine.  Part of their traditional concern.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.