So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Yes.  We all need a Trump.  At least for entertainment.  Boris is famous for gaffs.

On a similar note, watched a recent expert report that Nato is basically dead.  Basically because Germany is opposed to it like France always was.  Nato is limited to the US, Poland and Romania (Poland and Romania have genuine fear/hate of Russia).  The other members don't contribute anything other than act as obfuscation.  Britain is probably lost to Nato as well ... too far gone since being Borged by the Common Market in 1975.  What Britain needs is a civil war and a Cromwell.  Same as the US.  We both need military dictatorships, and a expulsion of half our quisling populations.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 06:14:57 AM
Yes.  We all need a Trump.  At least for entertainment.  Boris is famous for gaffs.

On a similar note, watched a recent expert report that Nato is basically dead.  Basically because Germany is opposed to it like France always was.  Nato is limited to the US, Poland and Romania (Poland and Romania have genuine fear/hate of Russia).  The other members don't contribute anything other than act as obfuscation.  Britain is probably lost to Nato as well ... too far gone since being Borged by the Common Market in 1975.  What Britain needs is a civil war and a Cromwell.  Same as the US.  We both need military dictatorships, and a expulsion of half our quisling populations.

[Shakes head in sadness of post...]
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 07:17:47 AM
[Shakes head in sadness of post...]

With the potential collapse of Deusche Bank, Germany might not have any money to spend on their own defense.  Politics and economics are inseparable.

In any case, I am pro-Russian and pro-Iranian.  I don't think we need to confront Russia at all, in Ukraine, Poland, Romania or Baltic States.  It may be unfortunately necessary to be anti-Chinese, depending on what they do next ;-(  We don't need to confront Iran.  I am fine with them having nukes.

Most of the anti-Russia trope is coming from GB, and most of the anti-Iran trope is coming from Israel.  And I don't trust anyone, including those two "allies".  Whenever I comment on policy X, that doesn't mean I approve of it.  Armed peace is the only policy,  Anything else is death.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 08:08:04 AM
With the potential collapse of Deusche Bank, Germany might not have any money to spend on their own defense.  Politics and economics are inseparable.

In any case, I am pro-Russian and pro-Iranian.  I don't think we need to confront Russia at all, in Ukraine, Poland, Romania or Baltic States.  It may be unfortunately necessary to be anti-Chinese, depending on what they do next ;-(  We don't need to confront Iran.  I am fine with them having nukes.

Most of the anti-Russia trope is coming from GB, and most of the anti-Iran trope is coming from Israel.  And I don't trust anyone, including those two "allies".  Whenever I comment on policy X, that doesn't mean I approve of it.  Armed peace is the only policy,  Anything else is death.

It is always so great when you are truly honest.  You love the Russians and the Chinese and Iranians.  Would you like to live in Iran?  You wouldn't do very well in a truly authoritarian govt, you know...  You can only survive in a democracy that you criticize every day dozens of ill-thought posts at a time.

Give me an example of a post you would feel safe in sending if you were in China.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 09:03:38 AM
It is always so great when you are truly honest.  You love the Russians and the Chinese and Iranians.  Would you like to live in Iran?  You wouldn't do very well in a truly authoritarian govt, you know...  You can only survive in a democracy that you criticize every day dozens of ill-thought posts at a time.

Give me an example of a post you would feel safe in sending if you were in China.

I love everyone.  Even though everyone is annoying.  So I love all countries/cultures.  Of course we are naturally more critical of our own country/culture.  That is why I try to focus on non-US issues.  Less annoying.  The US is not free, nobody is.  Democracy and Republicanism are mirages.  The power hierarchy is always ... in power.  I really criticize stupidity ... stupid policy.  I have less problem with the idiots who promote those policies.  So do you think now ... I am in the closet, aligned with the Four Ladies of the Apocalypse?

I would love to be any person in any culture at any time.  Life is always hard.  All else is prejudice.  Of course the particular person in the particular culture I am in ... is a more immediate issue compared to hypotheticals.

I am not afraid of China etc.  Wouldn't be afraid to be a Jew in Berlin in 1933.  Fear is the mind-killer.  Most times we don't have an opportunity to change our nation.  We never have a choice as to the one we are born into.  If I don't fear, I don't hate.  What I don't hate, I don't need to destroy, to kill.  Same as being at the zoo with all those dangerous wild animals.  I don't feel a need to send in the 101st Airborne to kill the dangerous zoo animals.

In China?  I would post ... "Ending the Manchu Dynasty was bad" ... "Ending foot binding was good".  Unpredictable anywhere I go.  I am not anti-Chinese, so there would be no need for them to kill me.  I would be no more likely to be killed there as here.  A Jewish thing that causes Gentiles to freak out.  A Jew is safe nowhere.  I would be a "lao pengyo" aka "old friend".  Of course as a one-party state, they are politically constipated, but a good guest doesn't mention that.  Traditional Chinese culture was a unique thing that didn't need to be corrupted by Western Right or Left politics.  Progress isn't the same as making everyone just like New England, by force of arms.  I considered moving to China twice now, once in 89 for work, and once for retirement.  But nobody likes senior citizen immigrants.  Visit and leave your money please!  Besides I am retired and my daughter doesn't live there.  If in a parallel universe, my daughter was working in Shanghai, I would try to get a long term residence permit, so I could be close to her.

We can't all be as brilliant as this young Englishman ... the young looking dark blond kid is "Chris" ... the one who put this online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN_QgtydKjk
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 10:32:10 AM
I love everyone.  Even though everyone is annoying.  So I love all countries/cultures.  Of course we are naturally more critical of our own country/culture.  That is why I try to focus on non-US issues.  Less annoying.  The US is not free, nobody is.  Democracy and Republicanism are mirages.  The power hierarchy is always ... in power.  I really criticize stupidity ... stupid policy.  I have less problem with the idiots who promote those policies.  So do you think now ... I am in the closet, aligned with the Four Ladies of the Apocalypse?

I would love to be any person in any culture at any time.  Life is always hard.  All else is prejudice.  Of course the particular person in the particular culture I am in ... is a more immediate issue compared to hypotheticals.

I am not afraid of China etc.  Wouldn't be afraid to be a Jew in Berlin in 1933.  Fear is the mind-killer.  Most times we don't have an opportunity to change our nation.  We never have a choice as to the one we are born into.  If I don't fear, I don't hate.  What I don't hate, I don't need to destroy, to kill.  Same as being at the zoo with all those dangerous wild animals.  I don't feel a need to send in the 101st Airborne to kill the dangerous zoo animals.

In China?  I would post ... "Ending the Manchu Dynasty was bad" ... "Ending foot binding was good".  Unpredictable anywhere I go.  I am not anti-Chinese, so there would be no need for them to kill me.  I would be no more likely to be killed there as here.  A Jewish thing that causes Gentiles to freak out.  A Jew is safe nowhere.  I would be a "lao pengyo" aka "old friend".  Of course as a one-party state, they are politically constipated, but a good guest doesn't mention that.  Traditional Chinese culture was a unique thing that didn't need to be corrupted by Western Right or Left politics.  Progress isn't the same as making everyone just like New England, by force of arms.  I considered moving to China twice now, once in 89 for work, and once for retirement.  But nobody likes senior citizen immigrants.  Visit and leave your money please!  Besides I am retired and my daughter doesn't live there.  If in a parallel universe, my daughter was working in Shanghai, I would try to get a long term residence permit, so I could be close to her.

We can't all be as brilliant as this young Englishman ... the young looking dark blond kid is "Chris" ... the one who put this online.

First, love the Dune reference.  I think of that every dentist visit (and one coming up Monday).

Second, "Even though everyone is annoying".  Yeah, me too.  I agree.  You are annoying.  ;)

Third, I understand the rest and will make no snide or snark comment.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 11:45:44 AM
First, love the Dune reference.  I think of that every dentist visit (and one coming up Monday).

Second, "Even though everyone is annoying".  Yeah, me too.  I agree.  You are annoying.  ;)

Third, I understand the rest and will make no snide or snark comment.

What?  You followed all that Mandarin dialog? (snark).  Neither did I.  You and I are more similar, than Joe and I are similar.  There are ways that you and Joe aren't very far apart on that axis.  So I guess that makes you closer to both of us.  Joe and I didn't get along well, when I started here.  We seem to both be better now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 11:54:15 AM
What?  You followed all that Mandarin dialog? (snark).  Neither did I.  You and I are more similar, than Joe and I are similar.  There are ways that you and Joe aren't very far apart on that axis.  So I guess that makes you closer to both of us.  Joe and I didn't get along well, when I started here.  We seem to both be better now.

I understand you.  For better or for worse, I do.  You are in some ways, Hyde to my Jekyll.  There is the aspect of you that I suppress in myself.  And for damn good reason, I might add.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 12:40:58 PM
I understand you.  For better or for worse, I do.  You are in some ways, Hyde to my Jekyll.  There is the aspect of you that I suppress in myself.  And for damn good reason, I might add.

No, I am Dr Jekyll, you are Mr Hyde ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 04:58:19 PM
No, I am Dr Jekyll, you are Mr Hyde ;-))

Playing Woolworth against a mirror are we?...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 06:46:41 PM
Playing Woolworth against a mirror are we?...

Is the mirror "funhouse" or not.  This matters.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 20, 2019, 07:42:58 PM
Nothing really matters. Haven't you heard the song?

Photons aren't Catholic ... they have no Mass;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Protons must be uber-Catholic, then - they have a lot more Mass than can be accounted for by their constituents.

:-P
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 20, 2019, 07:58:09 PM
Protons must be uber-Catholic, then - they have a lot more Mass than can be accounted for by their constituents.

:-P

So they are elected politicians?  "constituents" = voters in district.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.