So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on June 01, 2019, 05:18:51 PM
The more people in developed countries, the more fossil fuels burned, the more aerosols used, and the more industries producing waste/carbon emission.

I would hardly call India a developed country, nor Russia... and until very recently, China was second world at best. Likewise you have countries like France, the U.K. and Australia who produce significantly less carbon emissions than countries significantly less developed than them.

Developed countries are (generally) the one's leading the way in environmental sustainability and lowering carbon emissions. Corruption nations on the other hand are the one's generally leading the way in environmental pollution and use of dirty energy. Mongolia, India, China, Iran, Sri Lanka, most of Central Africa, Brasil, etc. are all prime examples of this. Even if they don't have the population to fuck the environment up at a global level, they are doing an amazing job of destroying it at a regional level.

Also, is that really an argument of, "People should be forced to live in war torn countries and in poverty because... the environment!"? That is some of the biggest of yikes I have read.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

The problem with stats …

If 100% of all Chinese industrial products were purchased by the US, would their carbon emission count toward the US or toward China.  I see this as a global problem, not a national problem.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHGnQpCJkw

And I hear Trump's trying to stick his fingers in the Brexit pie. I wonder if the Brits will listen to him - or just laugh at him.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

They mostly laughed.  But they noted that Obama already stuck his nose in, in 2016, because he is the magic Nobel Peace Prize killer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9zEnCHWz9I

See this is what I enjoy about trump, not the person, but the reaction he creates in people.

Looking at the comment section of this video, a lot of people pissed off at Khans speech and its meaning. Going along with what John Cleese said recently, about London not being an english city anymore, coupled with the rise in knife crimes happening in city (it would be gun crime if this was america) under Sadiq Khan's watch, the irony of having this little weasel complaining about trump not representing londons values (he's american, durr) when this guy can't even run his own city correctly, this is what I find entertaining, the hypocrisy someone like trump draws out of people just from his presence is amazing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/knife-crime-stabbings-london-gang-police-england-wales-uk-a8885486.html

And before one wonders, I'm one generation out from being london born, I still have family born and living in london, and been there often, so I've seen the city change, and I agree with what john cleese says, as does my aunt and uncle living there.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Political correctness means nobody can be honest.  And being dishonest is great, if you are trying to put people into cattle cars.  Rough accommodation but y'all are just going on a fun vacation.

Yes, Trump is triggering.  I don't understand why.  Sort of like the automatic reaction most people have with a spider.  It is unthinking reflex.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Munch

So your saying trumps respected like captain James T. Kirk? I suppose he does have that 1960-70s demeanor

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 03, 2019, 06:41:28 PM
So your saying trumps respected like captain James T. Kirk? I suppose he does have that 1960-70s demeanor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcEHM8GFSwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8O_C7T5H_s

God-emperor Trump blows up Democrat House, or EU?  Both opponents believe in their superiority ... like Kahn.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Munch on June 03, 2019, 06:41:28 PM
So your saying trumps respected like captain James T. Kirk?

Well, I hadn't entertained that particular notion, no.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 03, 2019, 06:57:47 PM
Well, I hadn't entertained that particular notion, no.

Many people don't find Trump's antics to be entertaining at all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on June 03, 2019, 07:08:49 PM
Many people don't find Trump's antics to be entertaining at all.

some men just want to watch the world burn.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 03, 2019, 07:18:42 PM

When you are cold, that makes sense.  In a famous Zen story, a Zen saint burned wooden Buddha statutes to get warm.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on June 03, 2019, 07:18:42 PM

I think calling such people "men" would be giving them far too much credit.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on June 03, 2019, 07:23:13 PM
When you are cold, that makes sense.  In a famous Zen story, a Zen saint burned wooden Buddha statutes to get warm.

you gotta use whats available