So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 18, 2019, 12:41:48 PM
Remember, if you are in no-mans-land between Tory and Labor, you get hit by friendly fire from both sides ;-)

Congrats, you repeated what the person you replied to said.  But the fact remains that Brexit is ALMOST as dumb as electing Trump President of the US.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 22, 2019, 06:45:04 AM
Congrats, you repeated what the person you replied to said.  But the fact remains that Brexit is ALMOST as dumb as electing Trump President of the US.

We are free to have opinions.  I am just a blood sport fan.  But why do you want GB to be a slave to Germany, eh?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 22, 2019, 06:56:10 AM
We are free to have opinions.  I am just a blood sport fan.  But why do you want GB to be a slave to Germany, eh?

The best antidote to Germany is a solid and involved Britain.  As is Germany's best protection against an aggressive Russia.  The most proper place for Britain is the last bastion of Europe and the closest connection to the US.

I think (which makes this a concern) that Britain is the centerpoint of world politics.  Russia dares not take Europe because Britain is at the end of it and the US will not, if it allowed every other nation to fall, abandon Britain.

I would pick up a gun and go...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 22, 2019, 07:06:49 AM
The best antidote to Germany is a solid and involved Britain.  As is Germany's best protection against an aggressive Russia.  The most proper place for Britain is the last bastion of Europe and the closest connection to the US.

I think (which makes this a concern) that Britain is the centerpoint of world politics.  Russia dares not take Europe because Britain is at the end of it and the US will not, if it allowed every other nation to fall, abandon Britain.

I would pick up a gun and go...

Nice theory.  GB was cuck to Germany in 1939.  Churchill was the only alpha male in their whole country.  With him dead, GB has to surrender to Merkel even.  So GB won't moderate Germany, Germany will radicalize GB.

And yes, except for that loon Hitler declaring war on us, we should have abandoned GB.  I love them too, but only because of Monty Python.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTd0KQDW0tQ

The Brits play dirty politics just like the Americans.  We probably learned it from them ;-(

The German Empire can't be stopped by anyone.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

trdsf

I honestly think at this point May is just hanging on long enough to have a longer premiership than Gordon Brown.  She's accomplished fuck-all otherwise.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on May 23, 2019, 10:40:09 PM
I honestly think at this point May is just hanging on long enough to have a longer premiership than Gordon Brown.  She's accomplished fuck-all otherwise.

To do Gordon Brown one better, she needs to give away all the rest of the gold in the BoE .. including the Queens ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

She's never been a real leader, she's an overinflated secretary at best. Just hoping whoever steps in actually gets this dam boulder moving at last
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 24, 2019, 05:49:37 AM
She's never been a real leader, she's an overinflated secretary at best. Just hoping whoever steps in actually gets this dam boulder moving at last

So, PM Theresa May ... announced that she is leaving June 7.  The long knives are out, as in 2016, for the new Tory leadership.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on May 24, 2019, 07:06:16 AM
So, PM Theresa May ... announced that she is leaving June 7.  The long knives are out, as in 2016, for the new Tory leadership.

Mother seems to think Boris Johnson is in with a chance. I'm neither one way or another about him.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 24, 2019, 10:53:16 AM
Mother seems to think Boris Johnson is in with a chance. I'm neither one way or another about him.

Rees-Mogg, Raab several others are viable.  But do you want to put lipstick on that pig (Tory party)?

Gove, in 2016 was an essential double-crosser to prevent Johnson from having a successful bid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Munch on May 24, 2019, 10:53:16 AM

I kind of feel bad for hoping it'll be him. But I hope it'll be him.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''