So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 10, 2019, 01:40:26 AM
Who thinks there will be another delay passed today? I do.
Starting to show our incompetence next to that of the house of commons.

You want the 39 billions Euros.  You will have to put up with the Monty Python country, to get that money.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: trdsf on April 10, 2019, 02:43:22 AM
Bercow has been fascinating to watch through the last several months, especially in the last month or two.  I don't know exactly how I feel about him, but he's definitely been fascinating to watch.

For a partial member, as all speakers are chosen from within the body of mp's, I find him remarkably impartial and fair in his role as the speaker.

Also his views have grown a lot more moderate over the years, as I understand it. And his survival of the attempted coup by Cameron years prior was a testimony to his fair ruling, IMHO. (As I understand it. I'm no expert on British politics.)
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mr.Obvious

Baruch

"EU, UK Agree To Six-Month Brexit Delay As Tory 'Spartans' Demand May Resign" ... UK agrees to become Soylent Union Jack
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 10, 2019, 04:57:24 AM
For a partial member, as all speakers are chosen from within the body of mp's, I find him remarkably impartial and fair in his role as the speaker.

Also his views have grown a lot more moderate over the years, as I understand it. And his survival of the attempted coup by Cameron years prior was a testimony to his fair ruling, IMHO. (As I understand it. I'm no expert on British politics.)
I get the feeling that he considers the Parliament as an institution to be a superior body to whichever government happens to currently be in office.  Which is a good way to piss off whichever government happens to currently be in office, and probably not a bad perspective for a Speaker.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mr.Obvious

The new 31st of october deadline... there has to be something poetic about halloween being the new deadline.
But is it the new deadline? Will it shift again? Will it be sooner? Dissapear entirely?

Who knows.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 11, 2019, 06:56:03 AM
The new 31st of october deadline... there has to be something poetic about halloween being the new deadline.
But is it the new deadline? Will it shift again? Will it be sooner? Dissapear entirely?

Who knows.

There is also a June 1 deadline for British Parliament to accept this new framework (including participating in European Parliament)

No renegotiation of the withdraws terms, it is May's Brexit or none.

British government and British representatives at the European Parliament are expected to not interfere with any EU business/budget ... something Farage swears to do if elected again as an MEP.

A progress report is due in June from May to the EU.

Why Brexit or no Brexit, the existing EU economy must be reformed in order to continue ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jec9rBFqcwc
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

I think they jumped to category 6. It seems to me that there is a deliberate attempt of generating tabloid rumours to change the daily agenda. Like palace centered usual stuff. I don't think it would work, but if they manage to create a full blown scandal, that means making a new 'diana' from the white, English one. That could work for another 20 years. Let's hope this one will survive. :pp

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 11, 2019, 12:46:35 PM
I think they jumped to category 6. It seems to me that there is a deliberate attempt of generating tabloid rumours to change the daily agenda. Like palace centered usual stuff. I don't think it would work, but if they manage to create a full blown scandal, that means making a new 'diana' from the white, English one. That could work for another 20 years. Let's hope this one will survive. :pp

The extreme elements in Britain are a different flavor from the US extreme elements.  People are starting to call for a monarchial absolutism, the abolishment of the monarchy, abolishment of Parliament (starting now with House of Commons, not just House of Lords), mass demonstrations by Brexiteers against Parliament, a military coup, to secession driven civil war (R of Ireland + N Ireland) or (Scotland vs Britain).

There has been great effort to maintain the gold transfer from the rest of the world thru Zurich to Hong Kong onto PRC and Russia (they want to return to gold standard) and the Rothschilds/City of London/Tax dodgers/Money launderers  are working overtime the last several years ... to establish a more diversified Black Market hegemony.  Basically a controlled implosion of GB ... that has been planned and hedged financially by the usual criminals.

If they start seeing Bain Capital/Mitt Romney or Joe Biden (Ukraine Maiden Coup) then it is past time to get out to your Cayman Islands hide-away.

Almost nobody expects that Brexit will happen in any substantial form at this time, at best in name-only.  Depends on what 17 million potential angry protestors do.  EU doesn't mind, they get an extra 1 billion Euros per month the longer the delay goes, on top of the 39 billion Euros already promised.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on April 07, 2019, 04:47:08 PM
Heard of it.  As a humanist, it would depress me.  Though I support properly conserved natural environments (see Teddy Roosevelt).  Unfortunately humans want to exploit every square inch of the planet.

You should watch it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 14, 2019, 01:14:53 AM
You should watch it.

I don't consider that humans should (vs are) in opposition to proper nature conservation.  But I prefer humans over nature, as many here are opposite to that.  I don't hate nature, even if it bugs me (sarc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on April 14, 2019, 05:28:35 AM
I don't consider that humans should (vs are) in opposition to proper nature conservation.  But I prefer humans over nature, as many here are opposite to that.  I don't hate nature, even if it bugs me (sarc).

I'm glad I won't be around for 2060 and beyond.  Its going to suck living on Earth then. We better get off.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 18, 2019, 09:32:46 AM
I'm glad I won't be around for 2060 and beyond.  Its going to suck living on Earth then. We better get off.

Why?  So we can F*K up another planet?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on April 18, 2019, 10:19:10 AM
Why?  So we can F*K up another planet?

Yes.  And then another and another and another.  What do the deer do when they eat all the plants in one yard?  What to the wolves do when they eat all the deer in a woods?  Etc. 

Ya wanna move the planet, kid?  (yes)