So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

Jeez, if John Bercow ever gets laryngitis that whole place will be absolute chaos!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

I think Bercow would look better if he wore one of those wigs they used to wear across the pond. He looks like he needs some judicious use of a comb.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Green Bottle

Quote from: Baruch on March 18, 2019, 07:01:21 PM
The Celts; Scots, Irish, Welsh have always sided with France.  The last 200 years are exceptional in that long history.  But that was a Catholic monarchial France.  Ready for no-go ban-luis, yellow-jackets, and Robespierre?

Baruch, whats that got to do wi the tories being the biggest shower of fkn incompetents in the history of politics?  And listen,  Scotland and France are pals, but i would'nt say we always ''side, wi them, the government they have now is nearly as bad as the fkn tories at how they treat thier people.   :beer: 
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Baruch

Quote from: Green Bottle on March 19, 2019, 04:57:16 PM
Baruch, whats that got to do wi the tories being the biggest shower of fkn incompetents in the history of politics?  And listen,  Scotland and France are pals, but i would'nt say we always ''side, wi them, the government they have now is nearly as bad as the fkn tories at how they treat thier people.   :beer: 

Agreed.  Macron is micron ;-)  And his wife is his grandmother.

Being among other things ... English/Irish/Welsh/Scottish ... my loyalties are very divided.  I am glad to be American, so I don't have to draw and quarter myself!

I was referring to Scott-exit of course, which in 2.0 version is tied to Brexit, because SNP wants to stay in the EU, and RoI wants NI as their punching bag.  My Welsh part says, we are keeping our own language, you Irish/Scottish/Scotch-Irish gits.  My English part says, without the City of London, y'all ain't gettin' any loans or mortgages anymore ... go back to burning peat in your hovels.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Extension will be discussed tomorrow.
May seems to want till the 30th of june.
Tusk wants to help argue, but to mid of may. (Confusing, i know.)
But all Union states will have to agree, even if it is agreed upon between these two till when it would last.

So for now: 10 days left.

Edit:

https://youtu.be/ZUb90eRsWhQ

Not enough popcorn in the world.

No extension without a deal. And the speaker might not even allow the deal to be voted on again. Shit's happening fast, next few days are going to be interesting.

Mr.Obvious

Guess we're going into overtime!

New deadlines 12th april or 22th of may.

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Baruch

I would rather be a British laughing stock, than a Continental labor camp victim.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on March 22, 2019, 07:45:52 PM
I would rather be a British laughing stock, than a Continental labor camp victim.

Well, I guess we can work on the British-ness bit.

But you're already well on your way for your goal.

;)

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 22, 2019, 08:24:31 PM
Well, I guess we can work on the British-ness bit.

But you're already well on your way for your goal.

;)

Britain invented the concentration camp during the Boer War ... so you might not have gotten my irony.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on March 22, 2019, 08:26:08 PM
Britain invented the concentration camp during the Boer War ... so you might not have gotten my irony.

Nope. Thought you meant that Europe is being held hostage under germany's tyranny. Maybe you should've said colonial labour camp victim instead?

Regardless: i feel my Joke still works.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 23, 2019, 03:35:35 AM
Nope. Thought you meant that Europe is being held hostage under germany's tyranny. Maybe you should've said colonial labour camp victim instead?

Regardless: i feel my Joke still works.

Germany?  A poor imitation of Napoleonic France (and King Louis' France before that).  In a French concentration camp, you will be forced to make baguettes, in a German concentration camp, you will be forced to make strudel.  In a Polish concentration camp (and Poland circa 1939 was fascist) you will get a Kielbasa where it hurts!

What is the penalty of being under English tyranny?  Bad teeth ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.