So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

May has the job in Britain for the same reason McConnell has the Senate leadership job here.  No one else who wants it could get it. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

I also find myself wondering if this whole mess will mean the recovery of the LibDems in the next election, at least in areas that voted Remain.  I can't imagine Remain voters being very happy with either Labour or the Conservatives right now.

Neither can I imagine Leave voters being happy with the two main parties, but I don't know if that's going to translate into unenthusiastic turnout or a move towards UKIP.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on March 14, 2019, 01:24:54 PM
I also find myself wondering if this whole mess will mean the recovery of the LibDems in the next election, at least in areas that voted Remain.  I can't imagine Remain voters being very happy with either Labour or the Conservatives right now.

Neither can I imagine Leave voters being happy with the two main parties, but I don't know if that's going to translate into unenthusiastic turnout or a move towards UKIP.

Oija all you want.  We no nothing until March 30, and maybe then nothing also.  But delaying past March 29 will piss off a lot of people.  Hopefully not violently.  But a good Yellow Vest revolt would be interesting.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Britain voted for a delay and against a second referendum.

But as long as it is just a sought after extension and it isn't (yet) agreed upon by every single one EU nation:

The deadline is still 15 days.

For now.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

It isn't over until it is over.  But look at it clearly.  Someone is making money off of this current situation.  The betting in GB and the financial markets (more crooked gambling).  They have only decided that there is more money to be made from the chaos (volatility) of the Brexit/non-Brexit than a clear result either way ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on March 15, 2019, 05:57:52 AM
It isn't over until it is over.  But look at it clearly.  Someone is making money off of this current situation.  The betting in GB and the financial markets (more crooked gambling).  They have only decided that there is more money to be made from the chaos (volatility) of the Brexit/non-Brexit than a clear result either way ;-)

Chaos theory vs game theory

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 15, 2019, 06:55:57 AM
Chaos theory vs game theory

Not either/or.  Chaos capitalism works great in betting and finance.  Money can't be made, unless there is volatility.  Sometimes you have to create volatility.

See say, Brexit is really about The City (of London) the oldest multinational corporation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: trdsf on March 14, 2019, 01:24:54 PM

the lib dems haven't had any power or influence in the uk since the early 1900s. They've been riding off the back of the other two parties and even when in a coalition they were the nobodies just used to raise the seating for the Conservatives, which is so fucking funny considering a liberal party joined with a conservative one whos values were dynamically opposed.
this was also when I stopped voting, since back then I believed in the lib dems liberal principles until they joined hands with the party I'd never vote for, still believing that old bs about 'even if your party doesn't win, its the fact you voted for someone that counts'. Ha!
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

So how about Finland and now Denmark collapsing?  How is that fly in the post-modernist ointment feeling now? It isn't just France, Italy, Catalonia ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Mr.Obvious

Mr.Obvious

https://youtu.be/5FNey_iUrl8

God damn, I've become a boring sod, finding joy and laughter in Bercow's comebacks so much.

Baruch

Quote from: Green Bottle on March 18, 2019, 04:20:38 PM
The Wee Ginger Dug Knows.

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/

The Celts; Scots, Irish, Welsh have always sided with France.  The last 200 years are exceptional in that long history.  But that was a Catholic monarchial France.  Ready for no-go ban-luis, yellow-jackets, and Robespierre?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious