So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Is there a place I can legally bet that Britain backs out of "Brexit"?  Because it really is a stupid idea, based on a push by nationalist idiots who never really thought it might happen and now don't know what to do...

"Be careful about what you wish for because you might get it" seems trite, but applies.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Cavebear

Quote from: Minimalist on January 05, 2019, 01:17:36 PM
Is it possible that you have never seen Bill Maher?

I love Maher.  Pure genius that guy.  But I'm not subscribed to HBO (I actually keep thinking of doing it JUST for him).  So, thanks for the explanation.  And just a suggestion, a request for information doesn't require sarcasm.  Not to say I don't admire it when well done.  ;)

We're cool, dude...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on January 05, 2019, 12:12:42 PM
Find out why Soros is not the only who sees the END of the EU!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYBsw810vpk

If there has to be WW III, it has to start in Germany.  My old supervisor from 1974 said so.

Sorry for them though.  The US should have helped Germany in 1914 (I have German-American ancestors too).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADLXmGzWWS8
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

Aw...it's only money!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/investing/brexit-banks-moving-assets/index.html

Quote$1 trillion is leaving Britain because of Brexit

QuoteLondon (CNN Business)Brexit hasn't happened yet but it's already shrinking the United Kingdom's financial services industry.
Banks and other financial companies have shifted at least £800 million ($1 trillion) worth of assets out of the country and into the European Union because of Brexit, EY said in a report published Monday.
Many banks have set up new offices elsewhere in the European Union to safeguard their regional operations after Brexit, which means they also have to move substantial assets there to satisfy EU regulators. Other firms are moving assets to protect clients against market volatility and sudden changes in regulation.

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on January 07, 2019, 10:58:51 AM
Aw...it's only money!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/investing/brexit-banks-moving-assets/index.html

All the gold has moved to China (facilitated by Rothschilds thru Hong Kong) over the last 10 years.  There won't be any money in the US either.  China is the One True Emperor.  One party pseudo-democracy and state involvement with all business .. is the fascist way forward.  I remember couple years ago, even before Brexit, Lloyds of London gold vault being emptied out for the first time in history.  The gold was sent to Zurich to be melted and remolded (to Chinese requirements).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on January 07, 2019, 02:04:15 PM
Oh no.  Not the Great Zionist Conspiracy again!

There are no real Jews.  That is a Gentile conspiracy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

I like the children's movie with a broken magic wand ... the girl wanted to turn an angry farmer into a little rabbit, but she mispoke and got a giant rabbi instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZsdb4X0B4
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

Quotebut she mispoke

The devil's in the details, as the saying goes.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on January 07, 2019, 09:52:17 PM
The devil's in the details, as the saying goes.

Atheists have no details, because you have no devil.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on January 08, 2019, 11:50:56 AM
It's just a saying.

So is any of the crap that comes from monkeys, just saying.

People use words, idioms in particular, in an unconscious way, not even realizing what they are saying.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

And some people over-analyze everything and drive themselves bonkers in the process.

-- H. L. Mencken