So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2019, 07:57:02 PM
Oops, your Freudian slip is showing ...
Are you ever dumb? Freud has nothing to do with natural law or politics. Bedtime for you...

Shiranu

QuoteAccording to Shirani et al I'm on the far right.

I don't even know who you are, but sure.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 08:08:07 PM
Are you ever dumb? Freud has nothing to do with natural law or politics. Bedtime for you...

No sense of humor, or just no sense?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 13, 2019, 06:21:46 AM
You give him too much credit. I'm sure he's going to bank that for his retirement years.

I am sometimes too kind to the nuts of the world who don't realize they are...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 03:13:42 AM
I am sometimes too kind to the nuts of the world who don't realize they are...

I stole the Monopoly money out of all the game boxes at Toys-R-Us.

I like nuts.  Almonds, cashews and brazil nuts mostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnx95KyQEAA

Ah yes, Feminism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 15, 2019, 03:16:55 AM
I stole the Monopoly money out of all the game boxes at Toys-R-Us.

A young child was arrested for trying to offer game money for food at school recently.  It gets worse.  One was arrested for using a $20 bill that looked real.  A 10 year old was arrested for using a $10 bill he found on the floor.

You could be in jail...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 08:21:14 AM
A young child was arrested for trying to offer game money for food at school recently.  It gets worse.  One was arrested for using a $20 bill that looked real.  A 10 year old was arrested for using a $10 bill he found on the floor.

You could be in jail...

Yep, famously the boy who bit the shape of a gun out of his pb&j sandwich ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 15, 2019, 03:10:44 AM
No sense of humor, or just no sense?

Again emulating your idol Trump. When caught on a blunder, pretend you were joking.

Baruch

"Angela Merkel sinks German economy, hands over control of EU to Macron" .. and Macron is heading for a Yellow Jacket guillotine.  Europe?  Sad ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 15, 2019, 04:33:21 PM
"Angela Merkel sinks German economy, hands over control of EU to Macron" .. and Macron is heading for a Yellow Jacket guillotine.  Europe?  Sad ;-(

Their big loss is in the trade department - 3rd largest exporter in the world. Thanks to Trump and his trade war. China is one of the biggest import of German cars. Merkel must be swearing. But the Germans could stimulate their economy with an expansionary deficit budget. However due their own law on balancing the budget, that is not an option.The best they can hope is a lowering of interest from the European Central bank.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 06:25:11 PM
Their big loss is in the trade department - 3rd largest exporter in the world. Thanks to Trump and his trade war. China is one of the biggest import of German cars. Merkel must be swearing. But the Germans could stimulate their economy with an expansionary deficit budget. However due their own law on balancing the budget, that is not an option.The best they can hope is a lowering of interest from the European Central bank.

The only way to save local jobs, from global overcapacity, and the ability to ship cheaply by container ship, is to destroy global trade ;-(  This is the larger version of the overcapacity of the 1920s, that led to ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 16, 2019, 01:23:39 AM
The only way to save local jobs, from global overcapacity, and the ability to ship cheaply by container ship, is to destroy global trade ;-(  This is the larger version of the overcapacity of the 1920s, that led to ...

Mercantilism was tried in the 16th to 18th century... didn't work then, won't work now...

1929-Depression was a result of margin accounts. Great when the stock market is rising, deadly when it's going down. It has a snowball effect: the more people sold, the more other people had to sell. Therefore, big crash.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 16, 2019, 07:56:00 AM
Mercantilism was tried in the 16th to 18th century... didn't work then, won't work now...

1929-Depression was a result of margin accounts. Great when the stock market is rising, deadly when it's going down. It has a snowball effect: the more people sold, the more other people had to sell. Therefore, big crash.

China and Germany are trying hard anyway.  China will eat Germany alive.  But as seconds.  The Muslims get to eat Germany alive first.

Margin accounts magnified the problems of overcapacity (you know that there is more than one parameter in a second order ordinary differential equation, right?)  In homogenous format, three of them (impacting by mechanical analogy: acceleration, velocity and displacement).  The actual econometrics has evil forcing functions, it isn't homogeneous.  And the first great ponzi by Mr Ponzi didn't help.  Financial people are greater liars than politicians.

Here are the lectures of Dr Keene.  One of the few economists who isn't a paid shill.  ODE not used much in economics, because they aren't educated much past elementary algebra ;-)

http://www.debtdeflation.com/blogs/lectures/

You probably remember from Control Theory, that if you try to simultaneously control two of three parameters, it can be done with difficulty.  But trying to control all three (displacement, velocity and acceleration) is inherently chaotic.  There is no forcing function that will allow that as steady state.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aileron

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 16, 2019, 07:56:00 AM

Whether tulip bulbs in Holland or houses in America, people love a good speculative bubble.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Baruch

Quote from: aileron on August 16, 2019, 05:36:12 PM
Whether tulip bulbs in Holland or houses in America, people love a good speculative bubble.

As long as someone else is left holding the bag.  You know that Senore Casanova was the original financial speculator.  Had a good competition with John Law.  Casanova invented the lotto.  John Law invented penny stock speculation.

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” - Upton Sinclair

More Dr Keene ...

http://www.profstevekeen.com
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.