So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm

Started by Minimalist, December 13, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

I'd be annoyed if I couldn't get john Oliver! That must really suck.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Unfortunately, since Germany/France is serious about world conquest ... it will come down to war.  It was GB that declared war on Germany.  They may have to do it again, given the totalitarian direction the Germans are marching toward (with their Vichy poodle).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 29, 2019, 02:16:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXyO_MC9g3k

This guy will be fun to watch. Unless you're British...

LOL yeah. Just saw it. I posted that to the Last person thread and then wanted to move it here and saw yours.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

I sure hope the Trumpification of the world's nations doesn't become a trend! That would really suck, bigly.
God Not Found

Sal1981

If you think Theresa May fucked the Brexit deal up, I got bad news for you about Boris.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 30, 2019, 01:49:49 PM
If you think Theresa May fucked the Brexit deal up, I got bad news for you about Boris.

The EU Deal - Like 1940, we check you in, but you can never check out.

The May Deal - like Hotel California, you can check yourself in, but you can never check out.

The Johnson Deal - like Venezuela, you get tossed out on No Confidence, get Corbyn in, and you can never check out.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 30, 2019, 01:47:53 PM
I sure hope the Trumpification of the world's nations doesn't become a trend! That would really suck, bigly.

Let me ask, if trump hadn't become president, would the term be hillification?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

I think Clinton would've been better than Trump, but of course, I could be wrong.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on July 30, 2019, 03:17:12 PM

No, Clintonification ... Bill and Hill are inseparable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 30, 2019, 03:24:32 PM
I think Clinton would've been better than Trump, but of course, I could be wrong.
Fuck, even the Shrub looks good in comparison to Lord Dampnut.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on July 30, 2019, 03:17:12 PM

No, since the candidates winning in those countries (or in Boris's case, being promoted to power) are very markedly not like Hillary.

And no, that is not implying that Hillary is something better. Just a different type of shit.

QuoteI think Clinton would've been better than Trump, but of course, I could be wrong.

The more I learn about the Clintons, the more I question that.

But the same class of people who buy their politics buy Trumps'... Trump just has the decency (or the stupidity) to not hide it. Either way, what the voter wants or gets is irrelevant; it's the generals, the corporations, the ultra-rich who really run the show and everything else is just spectacle to give an illusion of choice. There may be a handful of non-corrupt officials, but a handful of good people is irrelevant in an ocean of corruption.

Whoever spends the most money, has the most corrupt officials in their pocket, tinkers with the elections decides what happens in America. That's how empires work.

The only two solutions are to lose our empire status, or to kill the rich and create a dictatorship of the people and start the cycle all over again. It's a lose/lose situation.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Where there is money there is corruption, and immigrants wanting in on the action.  This has been true of the US since Sec Treasury Alexander Hamilton managed to get the Revolutionary War debt paid off early.  Early on the primary money was land.  Then it was gold.  Later it was war profiteering 1861-1865.  After multiple starts and stops, it took a long time for the "The Old Man & The Sea" to reel us in ... into control thru the Bank of England, via the Federal Reserve.  Being banker and manufacturers for WW I .. really helped the US bloom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRORK3hQ0g0

This exactly defines ... how GB lost in the process of winning ....

The last 100 years has been constant expansion and warmongering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=notJuFGXQ9w

Y'all sure the South was as much wrong as the North?

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 31, 2019, 01:17:54 AM
No, since the candidates winning in those countries (or in Boris's case, being promoted to power) are very markedly not like Hillary.

And no, that is not implying that Hillary is something better. Just a different type of shit.

The more I learn about the Clintons, the more I question that.

But the same class of people who buy their politics buy Trumps'... Trump just has the decency (or the stupidity) to not hide it. Either way, what the voter wants or gets is irrelevant; it's the generals, the corporations, the ultra-rich who really run the show and everything else is just spectacle to give an illusion of choice. There may be a handful of non-corrupt officials, but a handful of good people is irrelevant in an ocean of corruption.

Whoever spends the most money, has the most corrupt officials in their pocket, tinkers with the elections decides what happens in America. That's how empires work.

The only two solutions are to lose our empire status, or to kill the rich and create a dictatorship of the people and start the cycle all over again. It's a lose/lose situation.

Glad to see you now know the real truth behind the pageantry. As George Carlin once said, it's all bullshit.

And yes, at least people like trump and Boris show the bullshit without a mask, not in defense of them but I'd sooner someone show their real selves instead of hiding behind false banter and demeanors.

Don't vote for anyone, least you conscience will be clear when they eventually fuck people over.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 30, 2019, 03:24:32 PM

It is very hard to imagine ways in which Hillary Clinton could even possibly have done same bad or worse than Trump.  And let us think about that.

1.  We would be a respected member of the general world community.
2.  Brexit would probably not be happening.
3.  The Middle Class and the Lower Class (sorry, standard jargon) would be better off. 
4.  The Walmart Family would be 1% poorer and they wouldn't notice.
5.  Donald Trump might be in jail for tax fraud.
6.  "The Swamp" would be a lot less filthy.
7.  And at a lower level.
8.  "First Woman President" and not having to think about that any more.
9.  Putin, Kim Jong-un, and other numerous dictators not admired by US President.
10.  "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" is the norm for the US.
and
11.  Washington Nationals baseball team wins the World Series (I can dream, right).
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Dream on.  You probably think the US and friends were good guys during the Cold War.  Pfft.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.