Author Topic: So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm  (Read 19913 times)

Re: So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm
« Reply #525 on: July 29, 2019, 06:19:34 PM »
I'd be annoyed if I couldn't get john Oliver! That must really suck.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"It is not God that is worshipped but the group or authority that claims to speak in His name. Sin becomes disobedience to authority not violation of integrity."
Radhakrishnan, Sir Sarvepalli

Offline Baruch

« Reply #526 on: July 29, 2019, 08:30:54 PM »
Unfortunately, since Germany/France is serious about world conquest ... it will come down to war.  It was GB that declared war on Germany.  They may have to do it again, given the totalitarian direction the Germans are marching toward (with their Vichy poodle).
Zampa xiquihto.  Amo nimitzcuamachilia.
Say it again.  I don't understand you.

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #527 on: July 30, 2019, 04:44:54 AM »

This guy will be fun to watch. Unless you're British...

LOL yeah. Just saw it. I posted that to the Last person thread and then wanted to move it here and saw yours.

'the wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. so while ı was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun.’ - lu-tze

« Reply #528 on: July 30, 2019, 01:47:53 PM »
I sure hope the Trumpification of the world's nations doesn't become a trend! That would really suck, bigly.
"It is not God that is worshipped but the group or authority that claims to speak in His name. Sin becomes disobedience to authority not violation of integrity."

Online Sal1981

« Reply #529 on: July 30, 2019, 01:49:49 PM »
If you think Theresa May fucked the Brexit deal up, I got bad news for you about Boris.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" --- Richard P. Feynman

Offline Baruch

« Reply #530 on: July 30, 2019, 01:57:14 PM »
If you think Theresa May fucked the Brexit deal up, I got bad news for you about Boris.

The EU Deal - Like 1940, we check you in, but you can never check out.

The May Deal - like Hotel California, you can check yourself in, but you can never check out.

The Johnson Deal - like Venezuela, you get tossed out on No Confidence, get Corbyn in, and you can never check out.

Offline Munch

« Reply #531 on: July 30, 2019, 03:17:12 PM »
I sure hope the Trumpification of the world's nations doesn't become a trend! That would really suck, bigly.

Let me ask, if trump hadn't become president, would the term be hillification?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

« Reply #532 on: July 30, 2019, 03:24:32 PM »
I think Clinton would've been better than Trump, but of course, I could be wrong.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #533 on: July 30, 2019, 09:29:09 PM »

No, Clintonification ... Bill and Hill are inseparable.

Offline trdsf

« Reply #534 on: July 31, 2019, 01:13:59 AM »
I think Clinton would've been better than Trump, but of course, I could be wrong.
Fuck, even the Shrub looks good in comparison to Lord Dampnut.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #535 on: July 31, 2019, 01:17:54 AM »

No, since the candidates winning in those countries (or in Boris's case, being promoted to power) are very markedly not like Hillary.

And no, that is not implying that Hillary is something better. Just a different type of shit.

The more I learn about the Clintons, the more I question that.

But the same class of people who buy their politics buy Trumps'... Trump just has the decency (or the stupidity) to not hide it. Either way, what the voter wants or gets is irrelevant; it's the generals, the corporations, the ultra-rich who really run the show and everything else is just spectacle to give an illusion of choice. There may be a handful of non-corrupt officials, but a handful of good people is irrelevant in an ocean of corruption.

Whoever spends the most money, has the most corrupt officials in their pocket, tinkers with the elections decides what happens in America. That's how empires work.

The only two solutions are to lose our empire status, or to kill the rich and create a dictatorship of the people and start the cycle all over again. It's a lose/lose situation.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #536 on: July 31, 2019, 01:56:00 AM »
Where there is money there is corruption, and immigrants wanting in on the action.  This has been true of the US since Sec Treasury Alexander Hamilton managed to get the Revolutionary War debt paid off early.  Early on the primary money was land.  Then it was gold.  Later it was war profiteering 1861-1865.  After multiple starts and stops, it took a long time for the "The Old Man & The Sea" to reel us in ... into control thru the Bank of England, via the Federal Reserve.  Being banker and manufacturers for WW I .. really helped the US bloom.

This exactly defines ... how GB lost in the process of winning ....

The last 100 years has been constant expansion and warmongering.

Y'all sure the South was as much wrong as the North?

Offline Munch

« Reply #537 on: July 31, 2019, 02:14:09 AM »
No, since the candidates winning in those countries (or in Boris's case, being promoted to power) are very markedly not like Hillary.

And no, that is not implying that Hillary is something better. Just a different type of shit.

The more I learn about the Clintons, the more I question that.

But the same class of people who buy their politics buy Trumps'... Trump just has the decency (or the stupidity) to not hide it. Either way, what the voter wants or gets is irrelevant; it's the generals, the corporations, the ultra-rich who really run the show and everything else is just spectacle to give an illusion of choice. There may be a handful of non-corrupt officials, but a handful of good people is irrelevant in an ocean of corruption.

Whoever spends the most money, has the most corrupt officials in their pocket, tinkers with the elections decides what happens in America. That's how empires work.

The only two solutions are to lose our empire status, or to kill the rich and create a dictatorship of the people and start the cycle all over again. It's a lose/lose situation.

Glad to see you now know the real truth behind the pageantry. As George Carlin once said, it's all bullshit.

And yes, at least people like trump and Boris show the bullshit without a mask, not in defense of them but I'd sooner someone show their real selves instead of hiding behind false banter and demeanors.

Don't vote for anyone, least you conscience will be clear when they eventually fuck people over.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #538 on: August 01, 2019, 06:46:28 AM »

It is very hard to imagine ways in which Hillary Clinton could even possibly have done same bad or worse than Trump.  And let us think about that.

1.  We would be a respected member of the general world community.
2.  Brexit would probably not be happening.
3.  The Middle Class and the Lower Class (sorry, standard jargon) would be better off. 
4.  The Walmart Family would be 1% poorer and they wouldn't notice.
5.  Donald Trump might be in jail for tax fraud.
6.  "The Swamp" would be a lot less filthy.
7.  And at a lower level.
8.  "First Woman President" and not having to think about that any more.
9.  Putin, Kim Jong-un, and other numerous dictators not admired by US President.
10.  "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" is the norm for the US.
and
11.  Washington Nationals baseball team wins the World Series (I can dream, right).
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Baruch

« Reply #539 on: August 01, 2019, 07:06:18 AM »
Dream on.  You probably think the US and friends were good guys during the Cold War.  Pfft.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk