Author Topic: So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm  (Read 1713 times)

Offline drunkenshoe

Re: So It Seems That Brexit Has Become a Category 5 Shitstorm
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2019, 01:35:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If there has to be WW III, it has to start in Germany. 

Old Jewish paranoia? :p

Offline Baruch

« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2019, 06:52:28 PM »

I don't think my old boss was Jewish.  It is his idea, not mine.

But in fact, Jews aren't paranoid, we have been dealing with murderous Gentiles for 5000 years now (see Narmer Palette).

Of course other people are victimized too.  That is the price of civilization apparently (see Sargon of Akkad).
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2019, 07:06:28 PM »
And some people over-analyze everything and drive themselves bonkers in the process.

Unfortunately, it isn't only themselves who are driven bonkers...

;-)
"Theism tells men that they are slaves of a God. Atheism assures men that they are the investigators and users of nature."
E. Haldeman-Julius

Offline Baruch

« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2019, 07:16:29 PM »
And some people over-analyze everything and drive themselves bonkers in the process.

That is a self description, and for most of the people who post here.  Makes my point about unconsciously ironic responses.
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2019, 05:40:54 AM »
I don't think my old boss was Jewish.  It is his idea, not mine.

But in fact, Jews aren't paranoid, we have been dealing with murderous Gentiles for 5000 years now (see Narmer Palette).

Of course other people are victimized too.  That is the price of civilization apparently (see Sargon of Akkad).

Yeah, 'being paranoid doesn't mean nobody is following you' as they say. :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 05:49:53 AM by drunkenshoe »

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2019, 01:54:03 AM »

Nah. Many nations are culturally anti-jewish.  It comes from striving to stay "outsiders".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Baruch

« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2019, 02:25:26 AM »
Nah. Many nations are culturally anti-jewish.  It comes from striving to stay "outsiders".

Not true.  At first paranoia about not assimilating with Gentiles.  Then when we did assimilate in the 19th century, and outperformed the IQ deficient ... a new paranoia.  Too many Jewish doctors, bankers, etc ... professions we were banned from before the 19th century.  This persisted until 1950.

Culture is bull shit aka collective fiction (which side of the road do you drive on?).  Ban all culture.

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2019, 02:56:39 AM »
Not true.  At first paranoia about not assimilating with Gentiles.  Then when we did assimilate in the 19th century, and outperformed the IQ deficient ... a new paranoia.  Too many Jewish doctors, bankers, etc ... professions we were banned from before the 19th century.  This persisted until 1950.

Culture is bull shit aka collective fiction (which side of the road do you drive on?).  Ban all culture.

I think you are conflating old European ideas of Jews becoming bankers because Christians and Islamists "couldn't" charge interest on money with more modern times when such matters are no longer a concern.  It sure was real, but not today. 

And I recognize that *I* may be misunderstanding how old habits die hard.  As an atheist, I don't have much of a cultural experience with religious assumptions of careers. 

Interesting thoughts...

Offline Baruch

« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2019, 08:16:16 AM »
I think you are conflating old European ideas of Jews becoming bankers because Christians and Islamists "couldn't" charge interest on money with more modern times when such matters are no longer a concern.  It sure was real, but not today. 

And I recognize that *I* may be misunderstanding how old habits die hard.  As an atheist, I don't have much of a cultural experience with religious assumptions of careers. 

Interesting thoughts...

Yes, we are talking pre 1950.  It was Christians and Muslims who couldn't charge interests, and used "court" Jews to get around that (Rothschilds).

In the Jewish ghetto (originally implying Jews only), Jews only provided services to other Jews.  But they couldn't own land or farm.  They were entirely dependent on a food supply, provided by Gentiles, who were hostile to them and forbidden to do business with them.  Embargoed.  Because the embargo often broke down, limited numbers of Jews could survive with illegal activity (see Shylock).  The Jewish Mafia was the side effect of oppression by the Roman Mafia, as recently as Mussolini.  At one time Jews (who were multilingual and everywhere) were a mainstay of international trade (which also usually was against the law, hence the worry of Rome losing all its gold to India and China for spices, gems and silk.

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2019, 09:16:55 AM »
Yes, we are talking pre 1950.  It was Christians and Muslims who couldn't charge interests, and used "court" Jews to get around that (Rothschilds).

In the Jewish ghetto (originally implying Jews only), Jews only provided services to other Jews.  But they couldn't own land or farm.  They were entirely dependent on a food supply, provided by Gentiles, who were hostile to them and forbidden to do business with them.  Embargoed.  Because the embargo often broke down, limited numbers of Jews could survive with illegal activity (see Shylock).  The Jewish Mafia was the side effect of oppression by the Roman Mafia, as recently as Mussolini.  At one time Jews (who were multilingual and everywhere) were a mainstay of international trade (which also usually was against the law, hence the worry of Rome losing all its gold to India and China for spices, gems and silk.

Trade bless the Jews who did indeed have something to do with ending the European Dark Ages...  They had more to do with the politics of the time than Popes did.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2019, 11:35:07 AM »
Trade bless the Jews who did indeed have something to do with ending the European Dark Ages...  They had more to do with the politics of the time than Popes did.

Only 2 of 266 Popes are called "Great" ... Leo and Gregory.  The last one was 1400 years ago.  Tells you something.

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2019, 11:56:38 AM »
Only 2 of 266 Popes are called "Great" ... Leo and Gregory.  The last one was 1400 years ago.  Tells you something.

That's because few Popes were actually "great" and they may have over-named them by 2.  LOL!

I might allow Alexander, Gengis Khan, and Iuliis Caisar though.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2019, 12:06:07 PM »
That's because few Popes were actually "great" and they may have over-named them by 2.  LOL!

I might allow Alexander, Gengis Khan, and Iuliis Caisar though.

Alpha males, not Popes.  Popes are all soy boys.  I can admire military prowess, though this aspect of human behavior saddens me.

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2019, 01:09:46 PM »
Alpha males, not Popes.  Popes are all soy boys.  I can admire military prowess, though this aspect of human behavior saddens me.

Remind us of the soy-boy Popes who ran Crusades...?

Offline Baruch

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2019, 02:12:47 PM »
Remind us of the soy-boy Popes who ran Crusades...?

Yes, they were safe back at the Vatican.  They sent in the Alpha-males to do their dirty work.  Typical soy-boys.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk