News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

All Hail The Second Amendment

Started by Minimalist, December 11, 2018, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Minimalist on December 12, 2018, 01:19:59 AM
Getting back into it.  Its hunting season and I always root for the deer.

https://www.radioiowa.com/2018/12/10/hunting-accidents-leave-one-person-dead-one-injured-in-marion-and-madison-county/

I'll tell you his condition.  He's a moron.  A moron running around with a loaded gun and butter fingers.
A lot of states don't allow  loaded firearms in motor vehicles. He's probably facing a charge on that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Minimalist

Perhaps now we won't have to put up with that ridiculous "why shouldn't we ban cars too" shit from the gun nuts.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2018/12/11/18135976/gun-deaths-us-2017-suicide

QuoteGuns killed more people than car crashes in 2017

Quotehe rate of gun deaths in the US increased yet again in 2017, driven mostly by a rise in the number of suicides with a firearm.

The new data, released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, shows that the gun death rate hit 12.2 per 100,000 people in 2017, up from 12 in 2016 and 10.3 in 1999 (the earliest year of data available). The gun suicide rate increased to 7.3 in 2017, from 7.1 in 2016, while the gun homicide rate remained flat at 4.5.

The total gun death rate surpassed the car crash death rate of 11.9 per 100,000 people, as the rate of car crash deaths has steadily decreased while the gun death rate has increased over the years.

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Gawdzilla Sama

Hey, you can use a gun to take kids to school, to pick up the dry cleaning, drive to grandma's house, or cover a bit of lawn you don't want to mow any more. Take that, gun haters!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Guns are no problem.  Criminal politicians are a problem.  I would be happy to see the Elite eliminated via guillotine.  Right, Left or in-between.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Minimalist

Guns are a problem because over here all the dumbasses want to walk around with them. 

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 12, 2018, 06:25:58 AM
A lot of states don't allow  loaded firearms in motor vehicles.
Clearly the end result of liberal judicial activism or tyrannical liberal legislatures.  Gun owners are sane, lawabiding people (remember that time Clint Eastwood debated a chair?) who should not be subject to these irresponsible and burdensome liberal laws.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 13, 2018, 12:02:04 PM
Clearly the end result of liberal judicial activism or tyrannical liberal legislatures.  Gun owners are sane, lawabiding people (remember that time Clint Eastwood debated a chair?) who should not be subject to these irresponsible and burdensome liberal laws.

Laws aren't a problem.  Obeying them is a problem.  A free person is an anarchist.  Liberals/Conservatives buy into the dominant slave culture.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Minimalist on December 12, 2018, 09:11:31 PM
Perhaps now we won't have to put up with that ridiculous "why shouldn't we ban cars too" shit from the gun nuts.

Oh, yes we will, since very few gun nuts will have seen or believe those numbers.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Minimalist

But now we can stick the numbers up their asses.... if there is room considering that is where they keep their heads.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

Yeah, probably kind of claustrophobic up in there! LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Minimalist on December 12, 2018, 01:19:59 AM
Getting back into it.  Its hunting season and I always root for the deer.

If the deer were as numerous as rats and ate everything in your yard, and got hit by your car every couple years wrecking your spine from the hit and making your neck make grinding sounds, you might not feel so kindly towards them.

I would like to kill them all within 100 miles of here.  Poison sounds good.  Bullets and crossbows seem better.  And shooting the does is the only effective reduction of the population.

Yeah, wolves.  You want wolves in your neighborhood?  Didn't we spend 30,000 years getting rid of predators?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

If we still had wolves there wouldn't be so many deer.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 18, 2018, 06:16:18 AM
If we still had wolves there wouldn't be so many deer.

And fewer children.  And maybe fewer adults.  Though I wouldn't miss some...  My point is that there are only a few ways to reduce the local surplus deer population and I don't like the poison or wolf options.  But no one wants anyone killing those poor deer with a gun or crossbow either. 

Maybe they just want to spay all the does...

I say shoot them until they are scared as hell about us again...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!