News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

All Hail The Second Amendment

Started by Minimalist, December 11, 2018, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimalist

Who says 'Murrica can't export things anymore?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-46529733

QuoteBrazil shooting: Five dead as gunman opens fire in cathedral

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46530265

QuoteStrasbourg shooting: One dead, 10 wounded and gunman at large

'Murrica.. Making The World Better One Bullet At A Time!

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

Make America Gun-crazy Again!

Yeah, we export our worst traits.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Min, what took you so long to make this thread?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Minimalist

I've been really busy IRL.

Catching up.  Next up we'll need a Pervert Priest thread.

;-)
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

What, there's not one of those already!? We'll definitely have to remedy that situation!
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

I've been accused of being a minimalist myself. I can't dispute the accusation.
God Not Found

Baruch

Ignoramus liberals.  The last gun my dad bought, was from Brazil.  Those crippled old Nazis need the work.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

It isn't the old nazis that worry me.  It's the young ones.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 11, 2018, 09:37:56 PM
It isn't the old nazis that worry me.  It's the young ones.

Bad people are born every day.  That is why elective abortion is a good idea.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Minimalist

Abortion does not determine bad or good.  It determines who is or is not convenient.

I'm fine with that being the mother's choice.  After all, if even its mother doesn't want it the deck is stacked against it.

-- H. L. Mencken

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 11, 2018, 07:38:14 PM
I've been accused of being a minimalist myself. I can't dispute the accusation.
tl;dr
PZ Myers

Minimalist

Getting back into it.  Its hunting season and I always root for the deer.

https://www.radioiowa.com/2018/12/10/hunting-accidents-leave-one-person-dead-one-injured-in-marion-and-madison-county/

QuoteOne person was killed and another injured in separate hunting accidents in south-central Iowa Sunday.

QuoteThe other accident happened around 8:40 a.m. in rural Madison County. According to the DNR, 39-year-old Ronald Butler of Macksburg was shot when he dropped his gun while getting out of a vehicle. Butler, who was hunting with two other people, was eventually flown to a Des Moines hospital.

There’s no word on his current condition.

I'll tell you his condition.  He's a moron.  A moron running around with a loaded gun and butter fingers.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 11, 2018, 11:19:50 PM
Abortion does not determine bad or good.  It determines who is or is not convenient.

I'm fine with that being the mother's choice.  After all, if even its mother doesn't want it the deck is stacked against it.

Not minimalist, but upside down, effect before cause.  And my comment had nothing to do with actual abortions.

On your topic ... sorry to divert.  Yes, guns and liquor are a bad combination.  But we should encourage this behavior in Congress.  Hopefully Cheney can show them how to do it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.