News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jordan Peterson’s God - Debunked

Started by GSOgymrat, December 11, 2018, 12:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 16, 2018, 03:04:34 AM
LOL. Well, I hope you got me better anyway.

I think people with real education and experience in this field should unite and try to 'outlaw' self help bullshit. It's cancer.

E: And Jordan Peterson is not one of them.

Perhaps.  But is that the Continental Left speaking, or the Turkish steppe warrior Amazon speaking?

While I agree that the brain is involved, being a non-materialist, I can't agree to such a stilted view of medicine in general, nor psychiatry in particular.  Remember, I work in medicine (admin).

Is self-help like self-lawyering, or self-doctoring?  Perhaps.  Dr Peterson could be making $100 per hour from every young man in his audience.  What is different with YouTube and with these symposia .. is they go on for 1-2 hours.  Not some 15 min diagnosis you get in regular medicine, 30 mins in counseling.  So let nobody practice counseling, without a license?  And let no counseling happen without a proper appointment, that is one-on-one?  Well, Dr Peterson did that too, that is how he drew his conclusions.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 16, 2018, 03:23:57 AM
Yeah and sometimes I want to write 'material' on a bat and hit the people who still talks like '...of course the materialists...' so their mind-body duality could get cured. :) Trust me, there is no better cure than a keen blunt object, materialising in air with a certain speed to make neural tissues suddenly more valid than they usually are. Old world solution. Tough love.

Spoken like Alp Arslan.  Don't think a Seljuk or an Ottoman had time for introspection.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Nah, I promise it is all hypermodern rage. :)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp