Author Topic: Jordan Peterson’s God - Debunked  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: Jordan Peterson’s God - Debunked
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2018, 06:12:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
LOL. Well, I hope you got me better anyway.

I think people with real education and experience in this field should unite and try to 'outlaw' self help bullshit. It's cancer.

E: And Jordan Peterson is not one of them.

Perhaps.  But is that the Continental Left speaking, or the Turkish steppe warrior Amazon speaking?

While I agree that the brain is involved, being a non-materialist, I can't agree to such a stilted view of medicine in general, nor psychiatry in particular.  Remember, I work in medicine (admin).

Is self-help like self-lawyering, or self-doctoring?  Perhaps.  Dr Peterson could be making $100 per hour from every young man in his audience.  What is different with YouTube and with these symposia .. is they go on for 1-2 hours.  Not some 15 min diagnosis you get in regular medicine, 30 mins in counseling.  So let nobody practice counseling, without a license?  And let no counseling happen without a proper appointment, that is one-on-one?  Well, Dr Peterson did that too, that is how he drew his conclusions.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 06:15:35 AM by Baruch »
𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎌𐎀𐎍𐎎𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀𐎟𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎁𐎀𐎍𐎉𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Offline Baruch

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2018, 06:14:46 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah and sometimes I want to write 'material' on a bat and hit the people who still talks like '...of course the materialists...' so their mind-body duality could get cured. :) Trust me, there is no better cure than a keen blunt object, materialising in air with a certain speed to make neural tissues suddenly more valid than they usually are. Old world solution. Tough love.

Spoken like Alp Arslan.  Don't think a Seljuk or an Ottoman had time for introspection.
𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎌𐎀𐎍𐎎𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀𐎟𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎁𐎀𐎍𐎉𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2018, 06:23:14 AM »
Nah, I promise it is all hypermodern rage. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk