News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The 1984 Prophecy

Started by pr126, December 08, 2018, 01:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

1984 is not a prophecy. Orwell hasn't predicted anything.

As a result of his short friendship with a sociologist called Lewis Mumford, who is the first person in history to write down the parallels between fascism and communism in their roots, a date like 1930s, punished and exiled severely. As a result of his ideas; the inspiration Orwell has written his famous works, Animal Farm and 1984. 

Mumford is an incredibly underrated figure. Like several others, they are not even translated to English roughly till 80s. Do you recognise the name Elias? That group.

And if you understand his, their life and work, may be your thick head could get that what we are living today is not a result of some fucking conspiracy.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

LOL. "1984" was written in 1948. Stupid people won't get that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 08, 2018, 06:35:03 AM
LOL. "1984" was written in 1948. Stupid people won't get that.

Nobody could know in 1948, that technology would produce an inverted totalitarianism, that didn't work.  We will soon see the destruction of Europe, which has been repeatedly attempting suicide for over 100 years now.  It is time that y'all got on with it.

The problem of civilization isn't how to make it better, the question is whether it is worth the injustice of it.  The answer seems to be no.  The barbarians were right and the Romans were wrong (supporting Jewish opinion).  Post-modernism is post-civilization.

The Elite are always in conspiracy ... just burn the cities down.  A few Neolithic farming communities will spring up.  Eventually.  A failed species.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

They actually did. Before 1948. Just not the way you'd have them to do. :)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 08, 2018, 08:43:12 AM
They actually did. Before 1948. Just not the way you'd have them to do. :)

Like Sarah Bernhardt, it takes a long time for the civilized to die off.  Nietzsche predicted this.  Death to Europe!!  Not because I am hostile, but because I support assisted suicide.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on December 08, 2018, 08:47:21 AM
Like Sarah Bernhardt, it takes a long time for the civilized to die off.  Nietzsche predicted this.  Death to Europe!!  Not because I am hostile, but because I support assisted suicide.

What did I tell you? No throwing random names around the threshold. :)  It doesn't mean anything.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 08, 2018, 08:51:04 AM
What did I tell you? No throwing random names around the threshold. :)  It doesn't mean anything.

You aren't ignorant, you know who both those people were.  Nietzsche wasn't the Death of G-d but the Death of Europe.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on December 08, 2018, 10:47:06 AM
You aren't ignorant, you know who both those people were.  Nietzsche wasn't the Death of G-d but the Death of Europe.

What I know or don't know, doesn't matter. I get what your problem is in general with the current understanding/generations. I don't think you are babbling, crazy, stupid, deranged or...whatever.

But you can't fill those things you see as blank this way. Nobody can fill some blanks for some generations. You are not telling anything. Stop throwing random names and concepts around.

It doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean fucking anything. Try harder. 

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 08, 2018, 10:57:43 AM
What I know or don't know, doesn't matter. I get what your problem is in general with the current understanding/generations. I don't think you are babbling, crazy, stupid, deranged or...whatever.

But you can't fill those things you see as blank this way. Nobody can fill some blanks for some generations. You are not telling anything. Stop throwing random names and concepts around.

It doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean fucking anything. Try harder.

So an educational essay on Nietzsche, really?  Nobody would be interested.  And your progressivism is just as blind as any other ideology.  I believed in it myself at one time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on December 08, 2018, 11:06:40 AM
So an educational essay on Nietzsche, really?  Nobody would be interested.  And your progressivism is just as blind as any other ideology.  I believed in it myself at one time.

NO. Get your ass down. Put things in context. Get out of your comfort zone, stop calling names and hiding behind the door; just because people are very less likley to call you on anything if you shout around the threshold. Almost all of your references are the same kind. You are not fooling anyone. 

I make mistakes all the time. Most embarassing ones, in my own field. So what?     

Hijiri Byakuren

More paranoid ramblings from a man  who genuinely believes he has feminists under his bed, Muslims in his closet, liberals in his window, and communists in his dresser drawers. PR, it's time to get off the internet and seek professional help.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 08, 2018, 11:14:24 AM
More paranoid ramblings from a man  who genuinely believes he has feminists under his bed, Muslims in his closet, liberals in his window, and communists in his dresser drawers. PR, it's time to get off the internet and seek professional help.

But how do you know, I am not under your bed?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 08, 2018, 11:31:38 AM
But how do you know, I am not under your bed?
Well seeing as I sleep on a Japanese futon, I think I would have felt you under there by now.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 08, 2018, 11:35:15 AM
Well seeing as I sleep on a Japanese futon, I think I would have felt you under there by now.

LOL Well, and here I am thinking you'll scream 'sexual harassment'. :/