Is Age Fluid Too? Man Asks Court to Make Him 49 Again

Started by pr126, December 08, 2018, 12:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on December 08, 2018, 04:52:08 AM
Thank you.

He means, 'freedom of speech, is not freedom from consequences'.

And yeah, he is too civilised for you. I am not. :)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 08, 2018, 08:51:36 AM
Baruch wrote:With lots of help and encouragement from the cultural Marxist who wants to dismantle western civilization.

They are succeeding.

Self destruction is the natural trajectory of modernity, not travel to the Gamma Quadrant to trade in dilithium crystals.

Consequences?  As in a gulag for all the feral psychopaths?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

If I understand the term "gender fluid" correctly, it means someone who isn't sure.  I think that is rational.

Not that I fully understand the feeling (because really I am happy as I am), but IF one can cross gender lines legitimately, there must be a place in between when one is not sure and one could possibly reside there in doubt for any length of time.

AND if I understand it correctly, it isn't the same as bi-sexual.

Life is getting very complicated.  I hope I die before I'm considered an "animal-sentience denier" because I keep a few cats in the house and pretty much control their lives about food and outdoor access.  I suppose that someday, that may be considered a terrible thing.  And I'm not joking.  The sensitivities of the future are not ours to see.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Yes, you are speciesist to Peta.

Gender fluid here, was used politically, not medically.  Some in GB want to declare a different gender or pronoun, any time they feel like it.  That isn't bisexual.  Just stupid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shiranu on December 08, 2018, 01:06:54 AMGender is fluid, not sex.
You're talking to a wall. pr126 is perfectly capable of understanding these things. He just chooses not to. It doesn't fit his vision of returning to "the good ol' days."
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

I object to the very use of that phrase actually, sounds like male or female bodily fluids.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Cavebear on December 09, 2018, 06:54:12 AM
If I understand the term "gender fluid" correctly, it means someone who isn't sure.  I think that is rational.
That isn't what the fluid part means.

It's a spectrum. Like a scale from 0-10 or probably more accurately, a selection from a color pallet in photoshop. A pixel selection out of a ton of different variants.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 10, 2018, 12:29:42 AM

It's a spectrum. Like a scale from 0-10 or probably more accurately, a selection from a color pallet in photoshop. A pixel selection out of a ton of different variants.

There is a spectrum, partly because gender is ill-defined.  But most studies say that gender and sexual preference don't really changed much during one's lifetime.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

I have just graduated in gender studies.
What career opportunities do I have?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: pr126 on December 08, 2018, 02:56:08 AM
So anyone who claims to be a gender not his/her/xe original sex, (without the sex change operation) and demands to be addressed by the "proper" pronoun is bogus? Can be ignored?

Gender fluid makes no sense.
It means that is changeable on a whim from day to day.
No permanence. Sex change operation is.

How many claiming to be "transgendered" had surgical operations?

Why are there so many different genders?

What is the point? Isn't this special pleading?

underlined:
Nah. I mean; you can ignore them. You're not required by law to go along with this.
But all I'm saying is that changing your gender or identifying as one, doesn't influence your sex. You know; your biological body doesn't change with the power of law or mind alone. A man born in a woman's body is still biologically a woman. But just because he hasn't changed his body yet or perhaps never will, if he wants to be called a 'he', I'll oblige to the best of my capability. I might slip up, and I doubt anyone is going to severely ruin my shit for that. But if you don't want to, that's your own call.

I will say I've never met anyone who is 'gender-fluid', as in changing from identifying as male or female from one day to the next and changing it on a regular basis like some 'clothes' one decides to wear in morning. As in: 'Ah, yesterday-evening I went to the bar and chatted with the lads over a nice pint as 'Mark',' but today I'm feeling more like 'Marceline' so I'll go to work in my red skirt and my blonde wig. I will admit that that idea is even more alien to me than the idea of identifying as a different gender. It might not be the right thing, but I think I'd probably think of that person as occasionally transvestite rather than transgender.

In the case of children, it is "suggested" by irresponsible adults, knowing that children want to be "special" to gain attention.
Plus, it serves a purpose. The political agenda to further deconstruct western civilization.

Oh come on PR, you know full well this is part of the Atheist agenda to deconstruct the power of the Catholic church, not Western civilization. We've been over this in the quarterly AF meetings, time and again.
No honestly, one of the reasons why I stay out of most of your threads is because of stuff like this. I mean, it's not that I mind your opinions on the forum, though I frequently dissagree with them. I do sometimes find something I agree with you on. And even when I don't, it's good that this place isn't just an echo-chamber.
Though It's just that when you say this stuff that it makes me think you think there's some SPECTRE type organization out there, meeting in undisclosed hidden locations, planning the end of the Western civilization, made up of an otherkin Dr. Evil, his transgender dwarf-clone, a muslim assassin, a feminazi Frau Farbissina and a SJW-Number 2, along with a politically correct 'Slim-defiant Child born out of wedlock' (rather than Fat Bastard).

And that between their sessions of crying and applauding each-other for just being each-other,  they use their

to destroy the West through the most efficiënt way possible.
Namely inventing a non-stop stream of pronouns that will expand to such a vast percentage of the words used in the languages of Western countries, that all other communication will become impossible. Insurance companies will fall when they can't decide whether to  insure a driver as 'male' or 'female', the price of paper will increase thousandfold  when every pronoun must be included on official documents, leading to a financial crisis, ... so very wicked, and us dumb shits never even saw it coming.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Shiranu

QuoteI will say I've never met anyone who is 'gender-fluid', as in changing from identifying as male or female from one day to the next and changing it on a regular basis like some 'clothes' one decides to wear in morning.

I'm sure people like that do exist, but that seems to be a very common misinterpretation that I hear pretty often of what gender fluid even means.

A river only flows in one direction.

Fluidity does not mean that something must be wishy-washy and slosh back and forth; fluidity is not a statement of what direction something is going but a statement on the ease of movement and that there are no solid barriers marking where one section of the liquid ends and another begins.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 10, 2018, 05:50:06 AM
I have just graduated in gender studies.
What career opportunities do I have?

Can you talk sweet to girls?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 10, 2018, 12:29:42 AM

You are correct.  Even trying to get it right, I didn't.

I meant that sexual identity seems variable for some people.  Though, I'll admit, for reasons I do not grasp psychologically myself.

I try, I fail, I try again... 

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2018, 05:53:48 AM
You are correct.  Even trying to get it right, I didn't.

I meant that sexual identity seems variable for some people.  Though, I'll admit, for reasons I do not grasp psychologically myself.

I try, I fail, I try again...

Someone on Atheistforums.org, which I also frequent, just came out on the forum as 'gender fluid', said (s)he changed between identifying as gender as male this day and as female that day.
Immeadiately was reminded of this thread.  I told her, (she said most of the time she prefered to be called 'she' and  said it was easiest if we were to just do that all the time, on top of her being biologically of the female sex) I didn't quite grasp  gender-fluidity, but that I'd still treat her the same as before.

I also don't grasp it psychologically. Don't think I ever will.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

My identity as "male" seems so firmly and simply fixed that I don't understand another view other than equally female.  I suppose trying is a start.