Is Age Fluid Too? Man Asks Court to Make Him 49 Again

Started by pr126, December 08, 2018, 12:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

I find this rather amusing.

Now if the court approves, will he lose his pension?

QuoteEmile Ratelband, a Dutch citizen, petitioned a court to alter his birth certificate, making him legally 20 years younger. Transgender activists flipped. If sex is subjective and fluid, why not age? Bill Whittle Now examines the liberty of a person to force government to contradict biology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUBnCPWv_kM

Shiranu

QuoteIf sex is subjective and fluid, why not age?

Gender is fluid, not sex.

And like sex, age is not fluid. This is stupid.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on December 08, 2018, 01:06:54 AM

Gender is fluid, not sex.

And like sex, age is not fluid. This is stupid.
So if I change my gender am I still the same sex as before?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: pr126 on December 08, 2018, 02:44:10 AM

Unless you have a sex-change operation, i guess?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

pr126

So anyone who claims to be a gender not his/her/xe original sex, (without the sex change operation) and demands to be addressed by the "proper" pronoun is bogus? Can be ignored?

Gender fluid makes no sense.
It means that is changeable on a whim from day to day.
No permanence. Sex change operation is.

How many claiming to be "transgendered" had surgical operations?

Why are there so many different genders?

What is the point? Isn't this special pleading?

In the case of children, it is "suggested" by irresponsible adults, knowing that children want to be "special" to gain attention.
Plus, it serves a purpose. The political agenda to further deconstruct western civilization.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: pr126 on December 08, 2018, 02:56:08 AM
So anyone who claims to be a gender not his/her/xe original sex, (without the sex change operation) and demands to be addressed by the "proper" pronoun is bogus? Can be ignored?

Sure, if you want to be obnoxious.

Insisting on calling a transgender person by their born sex is basically like a person asking to be called "Bob" and insisting on calling him "Robert" because that is the name on his birth certificate or insisting someone who is a naturalized citizen of the United States isn't American because they were not born in America. When someone asks me to refer to them a certain way I do so out of common courtesy and basic respect for them as an individual. Some may deride this as "political correctness" but I think of it as manners.

pr126

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 08, 2018, 03:33:17 AM
Sure, if you want to be obnoxious.

Insisting on calling a transgender person by their born sex is basically like a person asking to be called "Bob" and insisting on calling him "Robert" because that is the name on his birth certificate or insisting someone who is a naturalized citizen of the United States isn't American because they were not born in America. When someone asks me to refer to them a certain way I do so out of common courtesy and basic respect for them as an individual. Some may deride this as "political correctness" but I think of it as manners.
Obnoxious? Not at all.

Why do I have to play along in somebody’s fantasy, someone who lost his/her grip on reality?
Should I condone, "celebrate" mental illness? Not a chance.

In Canada, See Bill C-16it is now the Law to play along.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: pr126 on December 08, 2018, 03:39:03 AM
Why do I have to play along in somebody’s fantasy?

You don't. You have a choice and choices have consequences. Fortunately, the consequences in the US aren't legal.

pr126

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 08, 2018, 04:02:53 AM
You don't. You have a choice and choices have consequences. Fortunately, the consequences in the US aren't legal.
Could these people play this game outside the Western cultures, say, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, China, etc. and be respected?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: pr126 on December 08, 2018, 04:06:35 AM
Could these people play this game outside the Western cultures, say, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, China, etc. and be respected?

No, it's obviously better in the United States, which is why so many people want to live here.

I'll be honest, there is really no point in me having a conversation with you, Shiranu or Munch. We don't share the same values or perspectives. I'll stay out of your topics.

pr126

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 08, 2018, 04:16:41 AM
No, it's obviously better in the United States, which is why so many people want to live here.

I'll be honest, there is really no point in me having a conversation with you, Shiranu or Munch. We don't share the same values or perspectives. I'll stay out of your topics.

Thank you.

Shiranu

QuoteI'll be honest, there is really no point in me having a conversation with you, Shiranu or Munch. We don't share the same values or perspectives. I'll stay out of your topics.

Ouch :I.

I have even conceded that Munch was right on some occasions, so I feel a bit attacked... but fair enough.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 08, 2018, 02:44:10 AM

No.  People are variant.  Some variance we choose to call illness.  See Michel Foucault.  Human sanity is fluid.  Society has recently chosen to change this definition (in the US etc) in regard to gay people.  But that doesn't apply to everyone.  Gayness was called an illness, now it is not.  But should bestiality?

Transgenderism is an illness, for which I feel sympathy for, as I do for all ill people.  Gender isn't a choice though, this is why you need a psych's approval to be labeled transgender.  Just like you need a doctor's diagnosis, to get prescriptions.  But sociopaths don't like medical controls on drugs, or on diagnosis.  You can't diagnose yourself either, that is a conflict of interest.

Gender is a nebulous concept having to do with male/female difference that doesn't involve sexual partner choice.  That sexual partner choice is sex.  Similarly gayness isn't a choice, because if it is, it can be outlawed as sociopathic.  Transgenderism is usually medicated, hence the need for a professional diagnosis, not a political pronouncement.  Gayness isn't usually medicated, except for typical problems straights have (impotence).

And then there is genetic/birth defect variation.  The normal variations are called, variations.  The worse variations are called defects.  Hermaphrodites and Siamese twins for instance.  Such people are also eligible for medical treatment.

Mostly what we see today, is anarchy, where the patient wants to make their own diagnosis, and prescribe some drug for themselves, usually an opiate ... for the pain of modern life ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 08, 2018, 04:16:41 AM

This doesn't have to do with medical diagnosis, this is crazy Left British politics, just like one can officially declare oneself part of the Jedi religion.  Mad dongs and Englishmen troll the East End.  Americans use American word definitions (and these constantly change year by year) ... English do it the English way.  We don't share a common language.

No it isn't about how LBTWHEJRJ you are on the political spectrum.  Basically this is a nervous breakdown of civilization in preparation for the End.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Baruch wrote:
QuoteNo it isn't about how LBTWHEJRJ you are on the political spectrum.  Basically this is a nervous breakdown of civilization in preparation for the End.
With lots of help and encouragement from the cultural Marxist who wants to dismantle western civilization.

They are succeeding.