News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Pearl Harbor day special ...

Started by Baruch, December 08, 2018, 12:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimalist

MacArthur fully understood the emperor's role in the pacification of japan.  MacArthur wasn't above judicially murdering the japanese commanders who beat him but he needed Hirohito.  He didn't need Homma and Yamashita.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 22, 2018, 04:59:52 PM
Like I said above, the person on the Chrysanthemum Throne was the key to a quick end to the war or an endless guerilla-bedeviled occupation. Regardless of his personal responsibility he was in the position to save many lives and allow Japan to begin to heal.

I've enjoyed the thoughtful discussion between you and Baruch.  I knew most of it, but a focused discussion is valuable.

Thank you both.  But you are right...

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 25, 2018, 10:20:51 PM
I've enjoyed the thoughtful discussion between you and Baruch.  I knew most of it, but a focused discussion is valuable.

Thank you both.  But you are right...

Real talk leads to real results.  Being a controversialist and a poser, isn't very valuable, but it can be entertaining.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2018, 12:01:10 AM
Real talk leads to real results.  Being a controversialist and a poser, isn't very valuable, but it can be entertaining.

In that case, I trust you entertained yourself, controversially.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!